You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER - CIVIL / GEOTECHNICAL
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-leading international organisation. Established over 30 years ago, they have a proven background in manufacturing, developing and designing innovative, sustainable construction solutions.
These high-performance solutions have been used in thousands of civil engineering projects across the globe, covering many different applications and market sectors.
In addition to being a great place to work, they will offer a relocation package for the right candidate.
- Co-ordinate the design aspects in the preparation of quotations and successful projects for the Company's Design and Supply Work.
- To provide cost effective, but safe, design and drawings for Design and Supply projects under our professional indemnity insurance cover.
- Prepare innovative and cost-effective application suggestions in the promotion of the Company's products and expertise in support of civil engineering sales worldwide.
- Contribute to the development of design methods for new applications and new products which are vital to the continuing success of the Company.
- Advise clients in the design methods and applications of the Company's products, by telephone, correspondence and visits, thus promoting the practical and technical expertise of the company.
- To provide technical instruction and demonstrations of the Company's design software to visiting clients and distributors, and to contribute to the development and efficient use of that software in the department.
- Responsible for the planning and timeliness of the preparation of the quotations for Design and Supply projects. Assisting in the development of construction techniques that optimise the safe use of the Company's products.
- Co-ordinate the department's design responsibilities in accordance with the Construction, Design and Management (COM) regulations by providing a unified approach to hazard identification and risk evaluation at design stage
- A knowledge of civil engineering in general and soil mechanics in particular, to honours degree standard is essential plus 5- 6 years practical experience; this needs to be enhanced by maintaining and awareness of current developments in areas relevant to the Company's civil engineering activities. The jobholder needs to have particular skills amongst which are the following:
- The level of proficiency required by this job is commensurate with Chartered Engineer status and therefore requires a few years civil engineering experience post-graduation and at least 4 years experience in the geotechnical industry. Knowledge of contract procedures and planning is also necessary for this job.
- Good communication abilities are needed as a large amount of discussion with clients, distributors, etc. takes place both over the telephone and in writing. Presentation of the Company's design methods at Design Workshops is also an important part of the job. Confidence in the jobholder's, and the Company's, technical expertise needs to be developed quickly.
- Good project management skills are required to ensure that the design work is efficiently programmed and monitored and a knowledge of Contract Law and the limitations of the Company's professional indemnity insurance are essential.
- Needs to be able to produce accurate designs and drawings under the constant pressure of a heavy workload. A knowledge of the department's computer software and hardware is essential to provide the necessary technical support.
Package and Benefits
- Salary £45,000 – negotiable DOE
- 37 hours per week
- 33 days holiday
- Free on-site parking
- International Company
- Market Leaders
- Opportunity to progress within role and Company
- Christmas Shut down
- Pension matched up to 6%
- Death in Service 3 times salary
Commutable From: Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley, Bury, Rochdale, Wigan