Probe Technical Recruitment is currently recruiting for a HVAC Engineer (Mechanical Technician – Facilities) to join a state-of-the-art Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standard facility within the process industry. This is an exciting phase in the growth of the UK facility and the ongoing expansion and investment will provide the opportunity to influence and improve operations. This is a hands-on role, maintaining specialist equipment and utilities that support the plant.
- Along with a competitive salary of £37,000, the role requires you to workdays 8-4.30 and offers an excellent pension scheme of up to 10%, life assurance, private medical care and income protection.
Duties of HVAC Engineer:
- Efficiently conduct corrective and routine mechanical maintenance activities including work generated on work requisition (non-urgent work jobs required by others on site) to meet service level agreements.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns.
- Ensure that maintenance schedules are kept up to date and that work is carried out in a timely manner.
- Work on small projects where required, including design / installation & commissioning or minor system (new or alterations).
- Raise orders for supplies as required.
Requirements of HVAC Engineer:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Qualified journeyman in appropriate Engineering/Mechanical discipline
- City & Guilds accredited.
- 4 years’ experience as multi mechanical apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of production processes, fault diagnosis and repair, plumbing and pipework, Boiler operations (gas), heating systems, HVAC, Pumps and valves, Use of Building Management System, Water systems covering compliance with L8 Regulations on cooling towers, R/O and softening plant plus trade effluent.
The role of HVAC Engineer is commutable from Hertford, Hatfield, Harlow and Cheshunt