We are currently recruiting for a Contract maintenance engineer to join a leading organisation based in the Wigan location. The contract will last up to 8 weeks and may be extended
- Contract Role – 8 Weeks – May be extended – URGENT.
- £18 - £20 per hour
- Rotating Days – Monday to Thursday / Week 2: Tuesday to Saturday
This is a Hands-on role; we are looking for an individual who is able to take on Mechanical and electrical duties:
- Responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the automation and machinery.
- Responsible for all three elements of maintenance – Proactive, Reactive and Planned maintenance schedules.
- Provide a quick response to issues that arise and provide effective solutions in a professional manner.
- Interact with other departments to ensure an effective service to the customer.
- Comply with all Quality and Health & Safety requirements onsite and ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- Work within a small Engineering team on a continental shift rota, with a shift partner and represent the team in all aspects of daily operation.
- They will be responsible for supporting the progression and training of their shift technician
- Provide daily shift reports and maintain the Planned Preventable Maintenance System.
- Offer ideas to improve efficiency and service to the customer.
- Deputise for the Engineering Team Leader during holidays and absence if required.
Ideally the Right Contract maintenance engineer will hold:
- Minimum qualifications – ONC / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering
- Able to work both alone and within a small team.
- Able to work at height.
- Experience in an automated process environment inc conveying, Auto-wrappers, Automatic S/R machines, closed loop communication systems, car code scanners.
- Possess good communication skills
Probe Technical Recruitment, Maintenance Recruitment Specialists since 1994