Probe Technical Recruitment is looking to recruit a Service Technician to join a company in Derby who are a tier one and tier two supplier to Aerospace, Dairy, Beverage plant piping, and Pharmaceutical. We will also be looking to talk to Service Engineers or Field Service Engineers that want to travel around less. The purpose of the role is to support service operations in a practical and technical role for the service, repair and maintenance of customer owned equipment; including preparation and testing of equipment for sales, rental and loan. You will be based at the head office in Derby where once a month you will be required to travel to Ireland for a few days to service equipment from customers over there.
- Maintain an efficient and organised service area keeping a detailed and accurate daily record of work performed for entry and compilation of service reports, calibration records, repair quotes and sales orders as required.
- Liaise with customers and colleagues as required to ensure a prompt and timely response to meet the needs of the customer, this may include providing repair and parts quotations, quote follow up, expediting purchase orders for the same, providing technical assistance and advice etc.
- Manufacture of small parts and assemblies for service, application and ‘special projects’ as required.
Other duties from time to time may include:
- Assist with design, development, manufacture and test of new and ‘special’ products as required.
- Processing of deliveries and shipments related to purchase orders, sales orders and stock handling as required.
The Skills Required:
- The ideal candidate will hold a formal apprenticeship in Engineering or equivalent HNC/ City & Guilds / NVQ.
- A mechanical bias with basic electrical knowledge
- A background within tooling is ideal.
- If you have had any exposure to welding this is beneficial.
The Return on offer:
- The company offer a salary of £30,000, 20 days + 8 Bank holiday, company pension, and bonus scheme, a company van is provided for any travelling needed in the UK.
This role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham or Burton upon Trent.