Probe Technical Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter / Assembler to join a unique Manufacturer on a day shift with hours of work 7.30am – 4pm. As an Assembler / Fitter you will report to the Team Leader and be responsible for achieving immediate and short-term objectives laid down by the Production Manager, such as output, quality, waste, yield, safety.
Benefits for a Mechanical Fitter:
- Along with an hourly rate of £10.50, the role of Mechanical Fitter offers an excellent pension scheme, private health scheme, overtime rates paid at time and a half and 33 days holiday.
Duties of a Mechanical Fitter:
- Mechanical and / or electrical assembly work.
- Responsible for quality control. Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Operating steel worker and copper punching and bending machinery once suitably trained.
- Operate forklift to maintain raw material supply for the production line. (If qualified).
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Liaising with the Production Manager to maintain department production, quality and ISO9000 standards.
Requirements of a Mechanical Fitter:
- Assist in repair and maintenance work (if qualified).
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery
- Will involve work in confined spaces and at a height