This is a well-established, specialist in their field, who are globally recognised business with over 50 years’ experience behind them.
They employ over 1,000 people across the group, with access to reliable partners in many countries across the globe.
To work closely with the Project Controller and field teams to clarify all aspects of designs and fitting details to create customer drawings and production orders (Bills of materials).
This role would suit someone who could be looking to step into a Trainee Project Manager role, or someone with 2-5 years design experience and wanting to progress.
- To ensure the final design for the customer meets all requirements and specifications
- Ensure that product pricing is correct and highlight areas to reduce costs or offer alternative solutions to the customer
- Create and maintain production bills of material (BOM) and costs for their directly manufactured products
- Create accurate drawings in line with company standards
- Provide technical support to the business
- Ensure all variations are tracked and costed
- Minimise waste; reduce risk to reduce repetitive errors.
- Take appropriate remedial action to resolve customer disputes with minimal cost to the business
- Responsibility for personal growth and development
- A good level of all-round industry knowledge within architectural, metalwork fabrications and steel etc would be advantageous
- IT skills, in particular CAD to support accurate drawings, fulfilment with continuous development and learning
- Understanding and interpretation of construction and engineering drawings
- Experience of regular interaction with customers
- CAD / SAP technical experience
- Technical knowledge in terms of building construction, engineering management, business systems
- Broad range of experience in mechanical engineering- production / architectural design applications
Salary and Hours:
- £23,000 - £28,000 dependant on experience
- 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday, 4pm finish on Friday
Commutable from Sheffield, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Derby, Nottingham, Burton Upon Trent