We are working on behalf of a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning & they have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with a Junior Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN would be very useful)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £23,000 - £33,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield