You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
PRESS BRAKE SETTER / OPERATOR - PM SHIFT
Overview for this Pressbrake Setter/Operators role:
We are recruiting for an experienced pressbrake operator/setter position, whereby the operator needs to be comfortable setting the pressbrake, performing daily safety checks, understanding of the machine for operational and safety aspect is a must. Current presses operating 3x 3 Meter and 1x 4 Meter press.
The operator must be able to read technical drawings to produce the companies bespoke products. Whilst technical drawings are provided you will be expected to use your technical experience to ensure when setting your programme any issues you may come across will be dealt with and raised accordingly. Power press trained preferred but not essential. General understanding of fabrication is required.
Responsibilities and duties for this Pressbrake Setter/Operators role:
- Always follow all Health & Safety rules in the workplace, without fail. This means behaving in accordance with the company Health & Safety guidelines.
- Ensure your press is in good working order before and after working shift.
- Ensure all work activities are geared towards achieving collective Operational KPI`s.
- Ensure adherence to ISO: 9001, taking responsibility that quality checks are being done and that record-keeping within Prodsmart is maintained.
- Ensure you work to agreed tolerances as stated on drawings.
- Ensure all non-conformances are reported to Press Team Leader or Quality
- Support a 5S approach, ensuring your area is tidy and organised including a daily audit of your working area at the start / end of the shift.
- To have basic knowledge and experience of working with the grades of steel used in Company fabrications (predominately Grade 304 with some DX51D & Grade 316).
- Report any machine issues to Management as and when they arise.
- Able to read technical production drawings.
- Keep reliable production records on Prodsmart and in written form where required, ensuring ALL work completed is recorded properly on Prodsmart. Report any instances where this is not possible.
- Follow Company procedures and processes at all times.
Experience required for this Pressbrake Setter/Operators role:
- CNC Pressbrake Operation
- CNC Pressbrake Setting
- Good mathematical understanding to aid programming
- Good understanding of technical drawings
- Basic understanding of general fabrication
- To be able to communicate well to both colleagues and supervisors
- Be an effective team player.
- Committed to high quality output and excellent customer service
- Proven record of good productivity, quality, attendance, timekeeping, and flexibility
- Flexible to meet the business needs including overtime where necessary
Personal Attributes for this Pressbrake Setter/Operators role:
- Good communication skills
- Flexible can-do attitude.
- Ability to adapt to new technology and work to timetables and deadlines
- to improve and implement best practice
- A flexible attitude to work
Hours and salary for this Pressbrake Setter/Operators role:
- Monday to Thursday - 2pm to 10:30prn, Friday - 2pm to 8pm
- Hourly Rate – £12.50 per hour
- Overtime during the week at x 1.33
- Overtime during the weekend at x 1.5
The following areas are easily commutable for this role as a Pressbrake Setter/Operators – Derby, Burton, Tamworth, Nottingham and Mansfield
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994