This is a well-established multi-disciplinary business, with a diverse project workload. They offer a varied and interesting workload, in this client facing role, so, a candidate with excellent communication skills is required.
You will have around 5 years’ experience in Infrastructure Engineering / Civil Engineering, with a range of exposure across drainage and highways. Alternatively, deeper knowledge in one of these areas and a willingness to develop the other will be considered.
Infrastructure Engineer Candidate Essentials
- Drainage (MicroDrainage), Section agreements and / or highways experience is essential
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree Infrastructure Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and in modelling software such as Micro Drainage, PDS or Civil 3D
- Working knowledge of drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff
- Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use
- The Infrastructure Engineer will be managing and undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects. Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines
- Writing of Flood Risk Assessment reports, Transport Assessments and other technical reports for strategic development schemes
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence
- Assist Director with operation of the Civil team to meet the productivity and growth aspirations of the company
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets
- Working within all offices as and when required, working additional hours if necessary, to deliver all responsibilities and to attend meetings/events
- Salary £35,000 - £42,000, dependant on experience
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions
- 30 days holiday
- Christmas shutdown
Commutable From: Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Tamworth, Burton Upon Trent, Mansfield
Probe Technical Recruitment, Celebrating 26 Years of Technical Engineering Recruitment Excellence
We are working on behalf of a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning & they have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with a Junior Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN would be very useful)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £23,000 - £33,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield
A Senior Steelwork Quantity Surveyor is required to join a continually growing, reputable Structural Steel company on a permanent basis. The Steelwork Quantity Surveyor will be working with NEC and other contracts and will be involved with tendering.
Benefits for the Steelwork Quantity Surveyor:
- Permanent position
- Autonomy over workload
- A negotiable salary
- Company Computer & Mobile Phone
Essential Skills of the Steelwork Quantity Surveyor:
- Experience working with Structural steel
- IT literate
- Ability to perform Quantity Surveys on Steelwork confidently
- Reading Engineers drawings involving steel
- Full understanding of all NEC and other contracts and full workings
- Ability to undertake take off from drawings
- Experience of tendering
This exciting opportunity Is suitable for candidates who are organised, structured, and capable of meeting deadlines as well as overcoming challenges. Although predominantly office based, travelling to sites will be required. Commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough, Burton on Trent.
Quantity Surveyor (Infrastructure)
We are currently working with a company that operates nationwide, providing integrated consultancy services for major infrastructure and development schemes, who has a reputation of designing and delivering some of the most complex projects in the UK.
As an organisation they have a proven track record of delivery in residential, commercial, retail, public and infrastructure sectors, with significant project experience in planning, designing and delivering strategic highways and bridges, flood alleviation works, transport plans, major utility installations, high rise buildings, new towns, schools/leisure centres, public buildings and business parks.
Their teams are structured to provide efficient, cost effective and dynamic advice, often against challenging timescales and with significant complexities.
The Quantity Surveyor role within the company will require an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated individual with a junior or experienced background working as a Quantity Surveyor in recent times.
This is a great opportunity for a successful candidate to join the business in a role offering the prospect to work with experienced Quantity Surveyors and Project Consultants and provide a wide range of development consultancy services.
- Viability Analysis.
- Commercial and Contract Advice.
- Contract Administration.
- Cost Planning and Reporting.
The Quantity Surveyor position will offer the chance to work on some of the largest development programmes in the UK, taking the project lead and driving forward the key stages of project design and delivery.
Based in the organisations building in Southwest Birmingham, the position will liaise and work with other parties and travel when needed to visit and support projects throughout their delivery stages and lifecycles.
- A formal Qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Fully conversant with MS office – Word, Excel Outlook, Project
- Some recent exposure of Quality Management Systems
- 12 – 18 months post qualification sector experience
If you are looking to progress your career in a driven environment working on nationally significant development and infrastructure projects and are looking to extend your experience within the field of QS, please get in touch.
Good Salary Package, Pension, Career Progression
Commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick, Leicester, Oxford, Worcester, Lichfield
Probe Technical Recruitment, Celebrating 26 Years of Technical Engineering Recruitment Excellence
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a fast growing organisation who specialise in the design and development of electromechanical devices.
The company have seen fantastic growth of not only its own staff and revenue, but also its product range in the last few years and currently boasts a strong team of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic Engineers within its R&D team.
The position will be daily involved in the mechanical design of devices and components that will house Smart Technology, Electronic and Electrical applications. The role will involve using 3D CAD SolidWorks to achieve the mechanical aspects of the projects - machine parts, fabrications, enclosures and moving parts.
The right candidate for the Design Engineer position will have a strong background in 3D CAD design and development of electromechanical or mechatronic devices or similar.
- Be formally qualified in either Mechanical or Design Engineering in (HND/Degree).
- Be fully conversant with a modern 3D CAD package (SolidWorks, Creo or similar)
- Have 1st principle mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Have an appreciation of electrical and electronic applications.
- A knowledge of software and embedded software applications would be advantageous.
- Good project engineering and the ability to create supporting documentation and presentations in relation to project management duties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team and understand and learn new technology and procedures.
- A strong work ethic.
- This role for a Design Engineer would be a great opportunity for either a mid-level or experienced Designer, who is looking for a new challenge to work full product life cycle and see projects through to completion and final delivery to an end customer.
- The company will offer a suitable applicant, good opportunities to progress their career and develop new skills.
- 25 days holiday plus bank Holidays
- A good pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Career development.
If you believe you are a Design Engineer who could be suited to this position, with 3 years plus experience. Please forward your latest CV with a brief cover letter.
This position is commutable from Manchester, Preston, Blackpool, Rochdale, Oldham and Bolton.
1999 - 2020, Celebrating 21 Years of Specialist Research, Development & Design Recruitment Excellence
Due to an internal move, this world-leading business is looking to employ a Lead Electrical Design Engineer to join their Controls department in their new, state of the art offices.
Working on power generation control system projects you will provide the line management and allocation of company Drawing Office resource facilities. You will also provide CAD design services for the preparation of detailed designs in collaboration with appropriate design engineers and ensuring compliance with design standards.
- Produce CAD drawings for Controls systems i.e. L&N cubicles, Panels, AVRs etc and drive drawing office process standardization to ensure early adoption, streamlining of processes and identification of gaps
- Look for opportunities to reduce process lead time and create spare capacity to process new projects, monitor, control, and develop engineering release systems into Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Services
- Manage the workload of the team, develop the drawing office standards, ensuring high quality output across the team
- Ensure regulatory and statutory compliance on product design, relevant technical, safety and environmental standards, codes of practice etc
- Planning, prioritisation, and resultant resource allocation to meet and exceed customer expectations and management & resolution of all NCR’s within 24 hrs
- Able to communicate technical information easily, to internal contacts and external customers
- Working to set targets, both in terms of efficiency and output and presenting this at the monthly management meetings, team and individual management of staff in accordance with policy and procedures
- Person Specification
- AutoCAD Electrical experience is essential (Inventor experience, coupled with electrical skills may suffice)
- 5 – 10 years of proven experience
- Minimum HND/HNC in relevant engineering discipline
- Technical self-sufficiency, with an understanding of other disciplines, and depth and range of management experience of projects and studies.
- Ability to demonstrate man-management
- Knowledge in the design, project engineering and consultancy in oil and gas pipelines / power generation and associated facilities
- Experience in production of engineering CAD designs
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £40,000 - £44,000
- 37 hours per week, early finish Friday’s
- 7% company pension
- Generous holiday allowance
- Christmas shutdown
- Great development opportunities
Commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Tamworth, Burton Upon Trent, Birmingham, Coventry
An industry leading, agricultural equipment and machinery manufacturer is currently seeking a Sales Executive to grow their business in the North of England and Wales region. The company designs and manufactures a rage of capital equipment for use in the agricultural industry. They pride themselves on quality and consider themselves industry leaders in this respect. The Sales Executive will be establishing a dealer network in the area as well as selling direct to farmers across the region.
In return for your knowledge and success as a Sales Executive you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary of up to £30,000 plus an uncapped commission plan. This company’s top performers are earning in excess of £60,000 with commission.
Further benefits include a company car, mobile phone, laptop, 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) and a home office.
- Establishing a dealer network across the region
- Managing customer queries including quotes and requests for demonstrations
- The Sales Executive will be representing the company at various industry events
- Maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Meeting and exceeding financial targets
- At least 1 years’ experience within the agricultural industry, ideally within the territory
- Some knowledge of machinery/capital equipment sales
- Willingness to travel across the region on a daily basis
- Can-do attitude and a desire for success
- A full UK driving licence
We are a well-respected employer within the plastics sector and are seeking to recruit proven Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician, to join our team.
In return for your Maintenance skills and experience, we offer a negotiable salary in the region of £38,000 Plus Paid Overtime at Premium Rates, Enhanced Sick Pay Scheme Company Pension & Stable Working Environment.
Duties of an Maintenance Technician
As a proven Maintenance Technician you will be required to undertake both planned and reactive maintenance across our plant, which will require you to have experience of supporting plastic injection moulding equipment which ideally includes either Battenfeld, Boy, Demag, Engel, Krauss Maffei, Sandretto or Star .
Requirements of an Maintenance Technician
Ideally you will be apprentice trained but must be qualified Electrically and have some understanding of Plc Controls, must be proficient in supporting injection moulding technology.
The role is commutable from Coleshill, Fradley, Lichfield, Sutton Coldfield and Tamworth, Abbots Bromley, Burton & Swadlincote
1999 - 2020 Celebrating 21 Years of Maintenance Engineer Recruitment Excellence