A company with a long track record for innovation and offering tailored bespoke solutions to its global customer base, is currently seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to enhance their R&D Team.
As a company they design and develop a range of technical mechatronic products that are often required to work in partnership with other electronic technologies and equipment.
Their own internal team consists of experienced personnel in the areas of Software, Electronic and Product Design and this position will support all of these areas, with a biased toward Electronic Hardware Development, but with daily interaction with Digital, Software and Mechanical applications as well.
The company are currently busy with the development of three new platforms that are required for delivery and testing early 2021, so the team are extremely busy developing and prototyping new technologies to ensure this target can be achieved.
The position will be offered the opportunity to work remotely and on-site for the initial first 6 months, but the role will then be likely to be reverted back to purely on-site working, so applicants should ideally be situated within a 1 hour commuting distance of the office (South Manchester)
Experience of the following would be extremely useful:
- Schematic Layout and PCB
- Good working knowledge of STM32 Cortex M4
- Exposure to Visual Studio, C++, C#, Python, bash
- Good experience in Source Control, e.g. GIT, subversion
- Collaboration tools, e.g. Confluence
- Bluetooth 5 modules & Wi-Fi modules
- USB 3 Type-C including Power Delivery control via STUSB
- Digital/Analog signal conditioning
- Control circuitry, load drivers, stepper motor control
- Design for EMC and other certifications (e.g. CE, LVD, CB, FCC, UL, CCC, etc)
- Capable of ‘bringing up prototype hardware’, and be comfortable using scopes, bus analysers, etc
- Building, testing, debugging prototypes and early production models
- Design of test equipment and procedures for high reliability production of volume parts
- Experience of Windows App, Android, iOS or other mobile application development would be useful
Requirements for the Electronic Design Engineer role:
- A positive attitude is essential as is flexibility, creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to self-manage project work loads
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- The understanding and learning of new technologies
- A degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of developing embedded electronic hardware and software for real-time and mobile systems
The company will offer:
- 37.5 hour working week
- Contributory pension scheme (5%/5%)
- Private Healthcare
- 29 days paid holiday increasing with service
- Death in Service benefit
- Flexibility in working hours
- A friendly relaxed atmosphere where everyone is focused on creating excellent products
- Remote working for the first 6 months
Commutable from: Manchester, Wrexham, Macclesfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Liverpool, Runcorn
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning.
They have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with an experienced Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN highly advantageous)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Negotiable Salary (DOE), Homeworking, Car Allowance, Company Pension, Private Medical Insurance & Life Insurance
- Client is looking to recruit an experienced Piling Design Engineer, to work within their estimating team, who is looking to progress their career, working within a homeworking role. As a business, they are committed to the professional development of their employees and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and expanding business.
- The teams principal objective is to identify new business opportunities by preparing design solutions, estimates and tender proposals for the delivery of a variety of piling disciplines that meets the customer’s needs and in accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy.
- The role is design and estimating. You will need to be proficient in working with relevant design software and have an understanding of the estimating process. You will be expected to work from a bill of quantities or a set of drawings and any other form of enquiry documents a client will issue and provide piling designs and price estimates for everything from a one-off scheme to ongoing projects which will be completed over several months.
- You will be required to follow a project through with any design requirements as the project develops or progresses.
- You will be expected to have combined site experience with quantity surveying skills, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
- This is a customer focused role that requires you to have the ability to engage with clients to determine their needs and articulate those requirements in order to provide a solution-based proposal.
Design and Estimating Skills Required
- Interpret architectural engineering plans, blueprints and specification drawings to determine the scope of works
- Check the tender requirements against the Company’s governance procedure and accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy to determine the most appropriate engineering design solution for the installation of sheet steel, driven or bored piles, etc
- Prepare designs for fully embedded retaining walls, cantilever and propped solutions, bearing piles either bored driven or VCC using information supplied by the client or suitable generic engineering values for the soil strata present on site
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents
- Review contract conditions and incorporate the Company’s requirements within a written tender submission document
- Liaise with client on an ongoing basis to determine progress of tender
- Comply with stated Company policies and procedures relating to health and safety legislation
Essential Qualifications and Work Experience
- BA Engineering / Civil Engineering – or equivalent in relevant experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in heavy civil engineering
- Minimum 40 hrs per week as dictated to meet the needs of the business.
- The pressure and fixed nature of deadlines means some late nights may be needed. Overnight stays are rare, but you will need to travel to meet clients on site.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
We currently have a great opportunity for a suitable engineer to join a design and manufacturer of control systems. The organisation considers themselves to be agile and highly innovative, embracing their technology to introduce custom solutions for their blue-chip customer base. As a company they have a strong family culture which provides a positive working environment where employees feel valued and trusted. They are a global company with offices in the UK, Europe, USA, Australia and China.
Due to the organisation doubling in size over the last five years and growing its presence in their international markets and across key applications in a myriad of industries. A new position for an Application Support Engineer has been created.
As part of the UK Safety Application Support team you will become the first point of call for technical queries pre and post-sale. Your personable, action orientated style, will deliver fast resolution to customer queries through your own technical skills and pulling on internal knowledge. This is a role aimed at individuals with relevant engineering skills and with some appropriate industry experience, however recently qualified engineers with 12 months+ experience will be considered. You will receive training and mentorship as you learn about all areas of the business through your role.
Application Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Respond to technical enquiries through internal platforms to deliver excellent service to customers, providing both pre and post technical sales support.
- Contribute to technical investigations as they support their customers, working closely with Engineering Design, Customer Solutions and Sales.
- Develop key knowledge on organisations product range, with understanding of key applications.
- Contribute to and create new ways to keep customers informed on products as they develop new materials, training and services.
- Contribute to a culture of process improvement within the Safety Application Support team.
- Relevant engineering qualification at higher education level (HND / Degree) in Electronic Engineering.
- Relevant industry experience preferred – 12 months+
- Approachable and personable style with good presentation and communication skills
- A strong culture fit – with a bias for action, accountability and teamwork
- Willingness to travel (International)
The Application Support Engineer will be involved in all areas of customer liaison, whilst working closely with other internal departments, giving a successful applicant the opportunity to develop a career that offers variety and fast track career progression.
Applicants with 12 months+ working experience post-Graduation in Electronics or Mechatronics would be suitable to apply for this role.
The company offers excellent benefits and bonuses, based of both individual and company performance and a strong track record of developing individuals with career progression opportunities.
- £25,000 - £34,000
- 25 Days Hols + Bank Holidays
- Early Finish on Fridays
Commutable from – Birmingham, Dudley, Wolverhampton, Telford, Lichfield, Stafford, West Bromwich
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing & Production Recruitment Specialists since 1994
A successful, well established SME are looking for an experienced multi-faceted Business Manager to come on board and continue and grow the accomplishments already achieved by the business. Ideally from a Manufacturing background within Automotive or Metalwork, you will be required to oversee the day to day running of the business with a potential to progress in the future. Actively supplying to construction, healthcare, medical and engineering industries the company has a confident pipeline of work orders.
This role is about finding the right fit for the business, with somebody who is looking for a career offering progression and longevity.
In exchange for their management expertise and knowledge the successful Operations Manager will receive:
- A competitive Salary
- A varied work load
- Growth and Progression Opportunities
- Company pension contributions
- Parking on site
Key Responsibilities of the Operations Manager:
- Oversee Manufacturing, Sales, Dispatch and NPI
- Facilitate in Production Meetings
- Schedule production and involvement in production planning
- To comply with Quality and Health & Safety requirements
- Oversee, manage, and lead Personnel and HR functions
- Partake in continuous improvement activities
- Maintain KPIs from costs, efficiency, and quality
- Work alongside Managing Director in all business-related matters
The ideal Operations Manager:
- Will have a track record of running a medium sized manufacturing business
- Have outstanding team player and communication skills
- Have strong personnel management experience
- Possess supply management and planning skills
- Must be analytical, and competent with IT packages
- Able to Manage Projects from scheduling and materials, to teams
- Have a willingness to want to progress
- Must be from Automotive or Metals Manufacturing Background
This progressive and exciting opportunity is not to be missed. If you are a confident, team player, with leadership and management experience, please apply today.
Commutable from Chester, Northwich, Ellesmere, Manchester, The Wirrall, Liverpool, Runcorn & Warrington
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. 1994 - 2020 Celebrating 26 Years of Engineering Recruitment Excellence
An industry leading, agricultural equipment and machinery manufacturer is currently seeking a Sales Executive to grow their business in the North of England and Wales region. The company designs and manufactures a rage of capital equipment for use in the agricultural industry. They pride themselves on quality and consider themselves industry leaders in this respect. The Sales Executive will be establishing a dealer network in the area as well as selling direct to farmers across the region.
In return for your knowledge and success as a Sales Executive you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary of up to £30,000 plus an uncapped commission plan. This company’s top performers are earning in excess of £60,000 with commission.
Further benefits include a company car, mobile phone, laptop, 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) and a home office.
- Establishing a dealer network across the region
- Managing customer queries including quotes and requests for demonstrations
- The Sales Executive will be representing the company at various industry events
- Maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Meeting and exceeding financial targets
- At least 1 years’ experience within the agricultural industry, ideally within the territory
- Some knowledge of machinery/capital equipment sales
- Willingness to travel across the region on a daily basis
- Can-do attitude and a desire for success
- A full UK driving licence