A company with a long track record for innovation and offering tailored bespoke solutions to its global customer base, is currently seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to enhance their R&D Team.
As a company they design and develop a range of technical mechatronic products that are often required to work in partnership with other electronic technologies and equipment.
Their own internal team consists of experienced personnel in the areas of Software, Electronic and Product Design and this position will support all of these areas, with a biased toward Electronic Hardware Development, but with daily interaction with Digital, Software and Mechanical applications as well.
The company are currently busy with the development of three new platforms that are required for delivery and testing early 2021, so the team are extremely busy developing and prototyping new technologies to ensure this target can be achieved.
The position will be offered the opportunity to work remotely and on-site for the initial first 6 months, but the role will then be likely to be reverted back to purely on-site working, so applicants should ideally be situated within a 1 hour commuting distance of the office (South Manchester)
Experience of the following would be extremely useful:
- Schematic Layout and PCB
- Good working knowledge of STM32 Cortex M4
- Exposure to Visual Studio, C++, C#, Python, bash
- Good experience in Source Control, e.g. GIT, subversion
- Collaboration tools, e.g. Confluence
- Bluetooth 5 modules & Wi-Fi modules
- USB 3 Type-C including Power Delivery control via STUSB
- Digital/Analog signal conditioning
- Control circuitry, load drivers, stepper motor control
- Design for EMC and other certifications (e.g. CE, LVD, CB, FCC, UL, CCC, etc)
- Capable of ‘bringing up prototype hardware’, and be comfortable using scopes, bus analysers, etc
- Building, testing, debugging prototypes and early production models
- Design of test equipment and procedures for high reliability production of volume parts
- Experience of Windows App, Android, iOS or other mobile application development would be useful
Requirements for the Electronic Design Engineer role:
- A positive attitude is essential as is flexibility, creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to self-manage project work loads
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- The understanding and learning of new technologies
- A degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of developing embedded electronic hardware and software for real-time and mobile systems
The company will offer:
- 37.5 hour working week
- Contributory pension scheme (5%/5%)
- Private Healthcare
- 29 days paid holiday increasing with service
- Death in Service benefit
- Flexibility in working hours
- A friendly relaxed atmosphere where everyone is focused on creating excellent products
- Remote working for the first 6 months
Commutable from: Manchester, Wrexham, Macclesfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Liverpool, Runcorn
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is a UK based opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to install and service/repair mechanical pressing and sawing machinery used within the building industry with this successful global manufacturer based from their site in Dudley.
Field Service Engineer Role Benefits:
- £32,000 basic salary, Monday to Friday, £38k - £40k OTE
- 25 days holiday + paid Bank Holidays.
- 5% company pension
- Performance related Annual bonus
- Life Assurance
Field Service Engineer Role Description
- In the role of Field Service Engineer you will be installing and attending service/repair visits on mechanical pressing and sawing machinery used within the building industry.
- You will be covering a UK wide customer base and a van is provided.
- The basic hours for this role are 40 hours Monday – Friday with expectation for overtime and occasional weekend work.
Field Service Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Successful candidates will ideally hold both Electrical and Mechanical abilities and will be time served with a relevant Engineering qualification.
- I would be keen to hear from Multiskilled Engineers who have experience supporting heavy plant or construction machinery.
- Experience of mechanical breakdowns and fault finding is key to this role, as is an eye for detail and problem solving skills.
- If you hold good communication skills, are flexible, and able to work independently, then we would love to hear from you.
In return you will joining an existing Field Service team at this successful and thriving manufacturer based from their site in Dudley.
This Field Service Engineer position is commutable from: Dudley, Stourbridge, Halesowen, West Bromwich, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Walsall and surrounding areas.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Support since 1994
This is a great opportunity within a leading company’s centre of excellence, which is privately owned and with operations in 20 countries. In the UK, they develop and manufacture bespoke products, with over 90% being exported.
They currently have a number of patents, world firsts and are committed to continuous product development on a concurrent engineering basis.
Product Development Engineer Package and Benefits
- £35,000 - £38,000 dependant on experience
- £4,000 company performance bonus
- Free life Assurance
- Joint contributory pension scheme,
- Private medical insurance (after a qualifying period)
- 37.5 hours per week – with flexible hours
- Early finish on Friday’s
This Product Development Engineer's role is Commutable From: Milton Keynes, Leicester, Peterborough, Rugby, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Banbury, Market Harborough, St Neots
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Product Development Engineer within the Research and Development Department providing life-cycle support of existing products across clients range of products.
This position would suit someone who is currently in a Product Development Engineer role, a Product Engineer, Design Engineer or possibly even a Draughtsman.
Product Development Engineer Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- The Product Development Engineer will be evaluating and implementing design change requests related to the full range of products.
- Preparing, maintaining and revision control of 3D CAD models, drawings and BOM’s using SolidWorks and Keytech PLM software, including the updating and correcting of CAD modelling errors in legacy SolidWorks Drawings, Parts and Assemblies.
- Re-drawing legacy AutoCAD designs in SolidWorks and providing CAD draughting support to Research and Development Engineers.
- Working closely with and supporting other departments (Production, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Quality) and suppliers to improve existing designs with respect to design for manufacture and assembly.
- Provide assistance to other departments and suppliers to help solve technical problems during manufacture and assembly.
- Oversee validation testing required during the design change process and summarise results in a technical report.
- Provide input to new product development based on experience of existing products. Performance of other tasks as detailed by the Product Development Manager and/or the R&D Manager.
Product Development Engineer Key Skills Required:
- HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical and / or Production Engineering (ideally).
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in 3D CAD is essential, preferably using SolidWorks.
- Experience in PLM Systems and document revision control.
- Familiar with the principles of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience in a product development and product manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of special materials such as austenitic and Duplex stainless steels, hastelloy, titanium, tantalum etc. would be an advantage.
- Ideally knowledge of permanent joining methods such as welding, brazing, adhesive bonding etc and knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, injection moulding, machining, fabrication, forming etc.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
We are currently seeking a Product Development Engineer to join a global manufacturing company who design and develop a range of valves and fittings. The role will be based in organisations West Midlands Design Centre and support the companies European Manufacturing facilities.
Benefits on offer to the right Product Development Engineer:
- £34,000 - £40,000
- Contributory pension 5%
- Life assurance
- 5 weeks annual holiday, plus statutory days (33 Days)
- Flexible working hours
The purpose of the role is to be part of the innovation and concept development team and be responsible for the original design concepts from external and internal customers, project manage the design phase of the projects with costs and manufacturing capability and compliance considerations and be involved in the full lifecycle of design from concept through to production.
Key Responsibilities of Product Development Engineer
- The development of design concepts to a fully designed new product in accordance with specified project briefs, whilst achieving minimal cost, manufacturing capability and compliance with relevant standards.
- Full lifecycle design from concept to production
- Review existing and new products and recommend improvements/ cost savings.
- Liaise with marketing and other departments, manufacturing sites, and functions to determine suitable solutions.
- Be directly involved with the manufacture and testing of prototype products to develop new product concepts with a hands-on role.
- Participate in cross-functional product development teams.
- Control of drawings and specifications for products related to UK site.
- Designing products and producing production drawings to agreed development specification.
- Liaising with external suppliers on design enquiries.
- Providing answers / training of newly developed products to the technical team, sales and marketing.
Product Development Engineer Requirements:
- Strong experience working in the engineering industry as a product development engineer or similar, ideally 5 years plus.
- Engineering Degree qualified or similar
- A background in design and development of new products with experience in non-ferrous metals and metal forming processes.
- Exposure of design original concept to the design and development of new products.
- Experience of full product life cycle design including project management.
- Good experience and competence with 3D CAD
- Knowledge of FEA stress analysis and FEA simulation software.
This is a great opportunity for a Design / Development Engineer to take full ownership of projects and work with overseas partners.
This role is commutable from: Birmingham, Worcester, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Redditch
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994