SENIOR HR LINE SPECIALIST (HYBRID ROLE)
- Our world-leading client is looking for a proven Senior Line HR Generalist.
- Initial assignment duration: 12 months.
- This is a hybrid role: on average candidates will be expected to be onsite three days per week.
- Pay: £27.00 - £29.00 per hour (this role is inside IR35)
Commutable From: Peterborough, Leicester, Corby, Kettering, Melton Mowbray
Three Must Haves for The Role
- Union experience and dealing with negotiations
- Strong generalist HR skills
- Previous experience in a HR business partner or senior line HR generalist role
Ideally candidates would come from a manufacturing background (preferred, not mandatory)
Senior Line HR Generalist Job Description
- Leads human resources business processes for a moderately complex organization or multiple functions.
- Responsible for the improvement, deployment and effectiveness of a broad range of
- Human Resources processes across the business or functional organization.
- Ensures compliance with legislative requirements and adherence with human resources policies and processes.
- Partners with managers and employees to resolve issues and concerns.
Senior Line HR Generalist Site Specific Responsibilities
- Business partner to the Plant Manager and their first line
- Represent HR as part of the Plant leadership team
- Lead the deployment of the Advancing Workforce Strategy Roadmap
- Build and maintain a constructive relationship with Unite and local site union reps
- Represent the business at a national level with wider business stakeholders
- Management of the Occupational Health contract
Senior Line HR Generalist Key Responsibilities
- Provides staffing and recruiting support, evaluates structure, job design and headcount forecasting, and other people data analysis; implements tactics to select and maintain a diverse workforce.
- Resolve conflicts and provides coaching and counselling on human resources matters for individuals or groups within a defined organization or function.
- Leads performance management activities, including employee development planning.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of workforce information in human resources information systems.
- Facilitates compensation process and benefits administration by partnering with shared services and corporate human resources; develops and implements workforce compensation recommendations.
- Conducts and documents investigations for business areas or corporate functional areas.
- Manages administration of and adherence to human resources policies and procedures; advises organizational and functional leadership on compliance with key legislative requirements.
- Leads training needs assessments and participates in training activities and special projects.
- Participates in initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of human resources processes; leads specific improvement initiatives.
- Creates employment contracts as required by local law or practice.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced human resources generalists.
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Are you looking to expand your career horizons, in a progressive, expanding organisation, where your career ambitions will be realised and where you will be a part of a large, established, supportive and friendly team.
This is a dynamic, growing high volume manufacturing organisation that have been established for over 30 years’ and are truly at the forefront of technology. Their products are complex, exciting, and they are continually evolving and developing, to keep pace with the ever-changing developing marketplace.
This is a great opportunity, to utilise your considerable skills, plus also you will be given the room and support to continue to develop further, to take this position to the next level.
This is an immediate opportunity; interviews are being offered straightaway
The role is commutable from Birmingham, Studley, Evesham, Redditch, Worcester, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, Solihull and Stratford Upon Avon
BENEFITS OF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
- £28,000 - £30,000
- Excellent Holidays and Pension contributions
- Free Parking
DUTIES OF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources and Payroll Departments
- Administrative support for recruitment and selection process
- Disciplinary and grievance investigations
- Organise supply of temporary labour
- Administer HR paperwork related activities such as employment contracts, offers, job descriptions and leaver documentation
- Collate information for appraisals
- Deliver internal training
- Supporting colleagues to settle in the UK
- Induction programmes
- This is a 5-day site-based role
REQUIREMENTS OF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
- Minimum CIPD Level 5, or working towards
- Ideally, your experience will have been gained within a factory / manufacturing environment
- Strong administrative skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to develop further within Human Resources
- There may be the odd day when you may be called to site out of hours, which does not happen often, but flexibility would be required if this happened
- Thrive under pressure!
- Computer literacy
- Driving licence
This is a great chance to join a highly reputable organisation, where your long-term prospects would be extremely healthy
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who is looking to advance their careers as a Sales Administrator. As the Sales Administrator your primary role will be to assist the Sales Manager & support the external sales team.
- Starting Salary - £20,000 - £22,000 - DOE
- Bonus Scheme
- Extra days holiday added each year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Onsite Parking
The successful candidate MUST have previous experience as a Sales Administrator or have previously worked in a customer service type role before.
Sales Administrator Duties:
- Taking and following up orders
- Handling enquiries from UK & Overseas customers
- Preparing & sending accurate quotations and following up where applicable
- Liaising with Subcontractors
- Building and maintaining customer relations
Sales Administrator Requirements:
- A knowledge of international tariffs and trading regulations would be an advantage
- Some knowledge of CRM (Customer Relation Management) System would be an advantage
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to achieve targets
This is an exciting role and suitable for someone who has previously worked as a Sales Administrator, Sales Coordinator, Sales Support, Office Coordinator, Customer Service Assistant, Internal Sales
This role Sales Administrator is commutable from: Birmingham, Smethwick, Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Dudley, Harborne, Walsall, Handsworth & Halesowen
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Sales Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
We are working with an organisation that provides technology and state-of-the-art products to the Building Services industry, who are now seeing a fast return to pre-pandemic levels of orders and business for their products from their European customer base.
Supporting the Project and Delivery TEAMS and the organisations global manufacturing facilities a Procurement Administrator is required to assist in coordinating various aspects of the procurement process for factored products and consumables.
Procurement Administrator salary package
- £24,000 - £25,000
- 34 Days Holidays (Inc Bank Holidays)
- Flexible Working including Remote Working
Procurement Administrator Duties:
- Raising purchase orders against ERP system driven demand.
- Sourcing and purchasing of consumable items based on departmental demands.
- Liaison with vendors to obtain and process orders acknowledgements.
- Resolution of vendor invoice queries by challenging discrepancies and negotiating an outcome.
- Analysis and resolution of problem consignments shipped via domestic and international couriers (late, lost etc)
- Analysis of shipping spend patterns and identification of potential saving opportunities
Requirements for a Procurement Administrator
- A formal qualification in a Business / Logistics or Manufacturing or similar subject.
- Have a good proven working knowledge of ERP and Ordering Software Systems (18 months+)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Minimum of 18 months experience of working in a Logistics, Supply Chain or Purchasing environment.
- Excellent Administration skills (IT / MS Office)
- A good understanding of the Building Services industry sectors (Desired)
This position would be a great opportunity for a junior purchasing or supply chain individual who is looking for career progression and personal development.
CONTRACT MANAGER / PROJECT MANAGER - STEEL
A Contract / Project Manager with steel experience, is required to join a continually growing, reputable structural company. With an ability to see a project through from start to finish, the suitable candidate will be responsible for managing a wide range of contracts for which they are responsible; negotiating subcontract orders, monitoring subcontracted work, as well as, start to finish project planning, costing and performing site visits and surveys.
Your place of work will be split between the head office client sites, along with regular client visits.
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience
- Company car
Commutable From: Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Burton upon Trent, Tamworth, Lichfield
Essential Skills of the Contract / Project Manager
- Project / Contract managing experience, 5+ years
- Proven steel industry experience. Any rail-based experience would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable Contract / Project Manager ability
- CSCS Card
- IT literate
- Well-organised, structured, capable of meeting deadlines and overcoming challenges
- The Contract / Project Manager will also get involved in negotiating subcontract orders and monitoring subcontractors, planning critical dates, or organising labour.
- You will also be responsible for agreeing extra work to be done on a contract, helping to resolve any disputes that come up, and identifying areas for improvements in the contracting processes.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
MULTI SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
I am recruiting an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join a growing engineering team, maintaining a range of manufacturing plant equipment. The role requires you to work a Monday – Friday alternating AM/PM (8-4 / 4-12 shift).
- Excellent holiday
- Company Pension
- Plenty of overtime in the week and on the weekend.
Along with a recognised maintenance qualification in either Mechanical or Electrical Maintenance, the ideal Maintenance Engineer will have experience of PLC/PC controlled machine tool or process control/production equipment. Ability to interpret technical drawings including PLC, electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical drawings.
Requirements/ Duties for the role of Maintenance Engineer:
When reactive job is allocated ensure that the task is personally owned and followed through to completion or when shift handover required the maintenance supervisor is given all the correct information.
Personally, own any planned preventative tasks issued and liaise with operations to ensure task is completed to a high standard, with minimal operational disruption.
We would be looking to talk to Maintenance Technicians or Maintenance Electrician’s/ Maintenance Engineers and the role is commutable from Nuneaton, Coventry, Leicester, Hinckley and Rugby.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Support since 1994
This is an excellent opportunity for a Material Handler, to work with a leading manufacturer of advanced process technology company, who have a rich, well-established background. They have sites here in the UK and overseas
The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and the ability to fully support customers worldwide. The service is complete - from design through installation and commissioning to lifetime support.
The role holder will move work within the work area and across the factory / site, maintaining a clean safe working environment.
Material Handler Pay, Hours and Benefits
- Monday to Thursday 7:30 – 4:00pm, 12:30pm finish on Friday’s
- 30 days holiday (inc statutory) plus an additional three days at Christmas
- Life Assurance
- Healthy Pension
- Private Healthcare Scheme
Commutable From: Corby, Wisbech, Spalding, Stamford, Peterborough
Material Handler Candidate Requirements
- Qualified to drive a forklift truck and operate cranes/slings is essential. You will ideally already be qualified or must be willing and able to undertake the necessary training.
- Able to deal with the daily rigors of manual handling.
- Able to carry out routine tasks with limited supervision.
- High level of respect for all Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Willing to work as part of the wider Manufacturing team.
- Flexible in approach to tasks.
Material Handler Key Responsibilities
- Transport jobs between work centres and departments.
- Review material lists and report back any issues.
- Prepare material racks ready for production.
- Provide feedback on missing jobs.
- Update visual management boards.
- Issue stock materials.
- Ensure paperwork is kept with jobs during transportation.
- Ensure safe transport and storage of components.
- Complete daily safety compliance checks.
- Maintain the workplace in a neat, clean and orderly condition (“good housekeeping”).
- Comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures, paying particular attention to forklift truck, crane/slinging, manual handling and COSHH procedures.
- Provide cover (e.g. during holiday/sickness absence) in other Manufacturing areas as required.
- Carry out additional tasks as required, given the time, means and training.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self and others.
- Carry out 6S tasks.
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994