The business is the UK’s largest manufacturer of steel products for their industry. They have many decades of expertise and employ over 1,000 people throughout their group.
Operating through a number of market leading brands; they design, manufacture and install for commercial and industrial environments.
Products and components may be manufactured in-house or through outsourced suppliers. Manufacturing techniques can include, but are not limited to, fabrication from sheet-metal and coil, including roll-forming; polymer extrusion, injection and rotational moulding; aluminium extrusion and machining.
- Preparing quotes, referencing data and prices from the SAP system
- Preparing complex quotes based on distributor designs and drawings, interpreting and offering alternative solutions, adding value to support the Distributor’s proposal which results in securing the order
- Order processing, checking stock availability, placing orders onto the system in line with agreed delivery timescales
- Contract managing orders, supporting the development of a customer solution.
- Liaise with the Engineering department regarding more complex jobs and drawings
- Liaising with the Planning function to ascertain / agree lead times to facilitate order winning proposals
- Working with the Despatch department, negotiating delivery lead times and checking on delivery status
- To be commercially aware, demonstrating an understanding of the market place in order to support Distributors to win orders
- To be highly competent in product, price and process knowledge, offering an outstanding and credible service to the Distributor base, who are experts within the field
- Experience in the Handling Industry is desirable
- Previous Account Management and B2B Sales Experience
- Experience within a technical capacity
- £25,000 - £28,000
Commutable From: Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Northampton, Aylesbury, Luton, Hitchin