Based in the Milton Keynes area, we are working with a Blue -Chip manufacturing organisation, who are now looking for an Analysis Engineer for an initial 20-week contract, with an immediate start.
- 20 Week Contract
- Working within a small team, your focus will be developing and improving electrical performance of battery pack
- To make adjustments to existing models
- Provide strong design direction to improve components / systems
- Breakdown mechanical and thermal requirements into analytical tasks
- You will be using multi-physic optimisation tools
- You will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of engineering fundamentals (dynamics, mechanics, and thermodynamics)
- Design experience and the ability to make adjustments to existing models
- To have the ability to breakdown mechanical and thermal requirements into analytical tasks
- Experience in interpreting and correlating to empirical data (time-based accelerometer data, frequency response plots, thermocouple data)
- Skilled in Ansys Workbench tools in both structural and thermal analysis (transient structural, Harmonic response, random vibration etc)
- Good knowledge of Explicit Dynamics for crash and drop analysis
- Excellent reporting skills
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a "Hands On" experienced QUALITY MANAGER for a Birmingham based organisation.
As their QUALITY MANAGER you will be given a stable, friendly, Quality team to manage, with extensive Senior management support. This is a fantastic opportunity, for a strong QUALITY MANAGER to join a successful Company, who continue to grow and expand, even despite recent difficult times.
- £50,000 (Neg)
- Company Car – Or Generous car allowance
- Excellent Pension
- Busy manufacturing organisation
- Friendly team
- Super supportive Management
DUTIES OF THE QUALITY MANANGER:
- Manage a decent size Quality team
- Ensure all concerns are contained and closed out
- Maintain and improve the QMS
- Support 3rd Party audits and customer site visits
- Visit customers
- Develop the Quality team
- Hold responsibility for 2 sites
- Perform to a minimum standard of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt / Improvement Practitioner Level 4 or equivalent
- Produce weekly reports
- Participate in APQP and PPAPs
- Drive continuous improvements
- Hold monthly customer review meetings
REQUIREMENT OF THE QUALITY MANAGER:
- Significant relevant Quality Management experience
- To have retained your “hands-on” Quality knowledge
- It would be highly advantageous for you to have gained your experience from within a high- volume manufacturing environment
- Strong customer and supplier experience
- Excellent knowledge of APQP and PPAP’s
- To have managed a good size team in Quality previously
- This would suit a progressive and driven Quality professional
The Quality Managers role is commutable from: Walsall, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Redditch, Coventry, Tamworth, and Worcester
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
We are currently seeking a Product Development Engineer to join a global manufacturing company who design and develop a range of valves and fittings. The role will be based in organisations West Midlands Design Centre and support the companies European Manufacturing facilities.
Benefits on offer to the right Product Development Engineer:
- £34,000 - £40,000
- Contributory pension 5%
- Life assurance
- 5 weeks annual holiday, plus statutory days (33 Days)
- Flexible working hours
The purpose of the role is to be part of the innovation and concept development team and be responsible for the original design concepts from external and internal customers, project manage the design phase of the projects with costs and manufacturing capability and compliance considerations and be involved in the full lifecycle of design from concept through to production.
Key Responsibilities of Product Development Engineer
- The development of design concepts to a fully designed new product in accordance with specified project briefs, whilst achieving minimal cost, manufacturing capability and compliance with relevant standards.
- Full lifecycle design from concept to production
- Review existing and new products and recommend improvements/ cost savings.
- Liaise with marketing and other departments, manufacturing sites, and functions to determine suitable solutions.
- Be directly involved with the manufacture and testing of prototype products to develop new product concepts with a hands-on role.
- Participate in cross-functional product development teams.
- Control of drawings and specifications for products related to UK site.
- Designing products and producing production drawings to agreed development specification.
- Liaising with external suppliers on design enquiries.
- Providing answers / training of newly developed products to the technical team, sales and marketing.
Product Development Engineer Requirements:
- Strong experience working in the engineering industry as a product development engineer or similar, ideally 5 years plus.
- Engineering Degree qualified or similar
- A background in design and development of new products with experience in non-ferrous metals and metal forming processes.
- Exposure of design original concept to the design and development of new products.
- Experience of full product life cycle design including project management.
- Good experience and competence with 3D CAD
- Knowledge of FEA stress analysis and FEA simulation software.
This is a great opportunity for a Design / Development Engineer to take full ownership of projects and work with overseas partners.
This role is commutable from: Birmingham, Worcester, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Redditch
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
We are working with a Birmingham based Company that are looking for a Roll Feed Setter.
The company has been in existence for over 50 year’s, and employ over 140 people, working across a wide range of industry sectors, but predominantly automotive.
Duties required by the Roll Feed Setter:
- Working a 2 / 10pm shift pattern Monday – Friday
- Set 80 Ton to 400 Ton Progression / Roll Feed Presses
Requirements of the Roll Feed Setter:
- Must have experience of setting Progression and / or Roll Feed Presses
Benefits on Offer to the Roll Feed Setter:
- £19,000 - £20,000
- Paid Overtime
- Good Pension and Holidays
- You would be joining a stable, busy manufacturing organisation who have predicted further growth for the New Year
- A friendly business
- Excellent long-term prospects
The Roll Feed Setter's role is commutable from: Birmingham, Walsall, Tamworth, Wolverhampton, Lichfield
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Piling Design & Estimating Engineer with a leading UK business. The business has multiple sites, a 76 million turnover with aspirations of pushing on further. This is a permanent full-time work from home role, with a couple of visits to the South East office per month, so the incumbent can be based any where within reason.
Piling Design Engieer Benefits:
- Full time homeworking
- £50,000 salary plus car allowance or company vehicle
- 33 days holiday
- Share scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- 6% employer pension
- Life cover
This senior Piling Design role is pivotal in the development of the South East Regional Office within the piling discipline. Substantial experience will be gained in CFA, CHD, Tubular Steel and Precast driven piles for a market leading specialist renowned for innovation and development.
- Reporting to the Area Manager, you will cover all aspects of the regional piling work winning activities with a certain level of autonomy (depending on experience), in respect of pile design and technical sales including CFA, CHD, Tubular Steel and Precast Driven. Some overlap may occur with the Mini piling team in respect of technical support and sales, and liaison with other regions will be required in terms of sales intelligence, pricing levels and R and D.
- This role offers much diversity in terms of work activities from design, through estimating, technical sales and then follow up, in a demanding yet extremely challenging environment working for a highly regarded specialist.
- Piling Design will include bearing piles, tension piles laterally loaded piles and retaining walls. Design includes both tender and contract design and site redesign as required.
- The individual will manage all incoming piling enquiries, including assessment of opportunities and allocation of tenders/designs and includes estimating, tendering and client interaction / negotiation to the point where orders are secured, and provide ongoing support throughout the life of a project if required.
- There will be some work providing support dealing with site issues as and when these arise. This includes contract redesigns, rectification of design issues and liaising with external approving authorities and Engineers if required.
- Reporting to the Area Manager the role should provide effective control of the Technical and Estimating element of the discipline ensuring compliance with the company management system and business strategy.
Piling Design Engieer Person Specification:
- You will preferably be a Chartered Civil Engineer
- Client is looking for proven Piling Design experience, CFA and retaining walls
- You will be a solid, well experienced Piling Design Engineer. If required, the estimating side can be taught
- Flexibility, attending the South East office a couple of times per month
Probe Technical Recruitment, a Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This Maintenance Electrician is a Nights role but ONLY 4 NIGHTS and NO WEEKENDS!! It offers an excellent salary and great Benefits Package incl excellent holiday entitlement, Pension, Potential Career Development, and Canteen.
As the Maintenance Electrician, you will be working for a real leader in the FOOD Sector – working for an incredibly stable organisation known for its outstanding quality product / service
Benefits for the Maintenance Electrician:
- Excellent Salary
- 33 days holiday incl Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Potential Career Development
- Free Parking
As the Maintenance Electrician, your duties will include:
- Maintenance, Repair and Service of all mechanical and electrical equipment within the factory
- You will be assisting with the installation of new electrical and mechanical systems and equipment
- You will carry out breakdown maintenance and fault diagnosis on all equipment on site
- Carry out PM works on all equipment incl; Despatch equipment, production process equipment and electrical systems incl electrical cabling and wiring to control equipment.
- General – Repair and replacement of lighting installations, power distribution equipment and electrical control equipment
I would be very interested in speaking with you if you are/ have:
- Previous Experience as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias
- You must have previous experience in the Packaging or Food sectors
- Flexible approach – with a strong team spirit
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Attention to detail
To be considered for this position you will ideally be Apprentice trained and will hold a relevant Electrical Engineering Qualification such as City and Guilds or NVQ level 3.
I would be keen to speak with Maintenance Engineers, Technicians, or Maintenance Electricians who have experience supporting plant machinery within either Packaging or food production settings.
Probe Technical Recruitment, Maintenance Recruitment Specialists since 1994