This is an excellent opportunity, with a world leading business, for a proven Analysis Engineer, supporting on a battery pack project, for 20 weeks.
This applied science position conducts numerical computations via third party and in-house tools to determine structural performance of components and systems. Evaluates software and methods and provides improvement recommendations. The results from the computer models are used to determine the validity of the design to meet the customer requirements. Design recommendations are then provided as needed.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to present the analysis results to a wide audience
- Experienced in using multi-physics optimization tools
- Previous experience in thermal / mechanical analysis
- Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making.
- Preferred candidates would have a mix of experience using MS Office tools, Matlab, Python, APDLANSYS, FORTRAN or C programming, Windows/Linux operating systems, and desktop/remote high-performance computing hardware systems.
- Good background and understanding in engineering fundamentals (dynamics, mechanics and thermodynamics)
- Design experience, able to make adjustments to existing models and provide sound design direction to improve components/systems ability to meet requirements
- Able to break down mechanical and thermal requirements into analytical tasks and pass-fail criteria to assess designs
- Experienced in interpreting and correlating to empirical data (time-based accelerometer data, Frequency response plots, thermocouple data... etc.)
- Skilled in Ansys Workbench tools in both structural and thermal analysis essential (transient structural, Harmonic response, random vibration etc.)
- Skilled in Explicit Dynamics for crash and drop analysis (LS Dyna, Ansys Explicit Dynamics) and experienced in using multi-physics optimization tools
- Good reporting skills, able to portray analysis results to a wide range of audience and effectively providing guidance to key stakeholders. Experienced in scripting and automating repetitive tasks is a bonus
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Obtains input and negotiates with Design, Thermal Sciences, Materials and Product Validation and delivers key structural performance parameters like motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc. to Design and Product Validation.
- Makes decisions in the area of structural design (materials and their processing as well as geometry) that impact structural performance (motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc.) of components and systems Applies and improves computer modelling processes that estimate motion, load, natural frequencies, stress, design margin, life, sound power, etc. and tools such as ANSYS, FE-Safe, GT-Suite, and AVL Excite required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
- Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge. Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
- Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
- Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role. Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
Hours and Pay
- £35.00 per hour - Ltd Company
- 40 hours per week
- Contract period – 20 weeks initially
Commutable From: Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Bedford, Northampton, Aylesbury, Hemel Hempstead