A long-established engineering firm are currently looking to hire a Technical Sales Manager to spearhead their UK sales operation. The company have been trading for a number of years and have clients ranging from local SME’s right through to multinationals.
The Technical Sales Manager will have responsibility for all sales in the UK and will be one of the key drivers of growth for the business. They are keen to reward those who help them achieve their long-term goals.
The company specialise in niche, low volume engineering projects and they manufacture bespoke steel-related products which are sold across the globe. They have ambitious growth plans and are keen to find a motivated technical salesperson to take on the Technical Sales Manager role. Based in the heart of The Midlands, the company are well placed to serve their client base across the UK and beyond.
This role would suit a technical salesperson with a background in engineering or steel, who is capable of having technical discussions and reading drawings, whilst also possessing business development and commercial skills.
The Technical Sales Manager will be primarily home based but must be able to travel to the Birmingham area once or twice per week. The rest of the time you will be carrying out sales activities including customer meetings.
- A competitive salary of up to £45,000
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Healthcare cash plan
- Remote working
The Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for:
- Identifying new opportunities for the business, mainly in the UK but worldwide at times, in line with their capabilities
- Maintaining the enquiry pipeline
- Converting and closing enquires
- Technical meetings/presentations with customers
- Meeting business objectives and revenue targets
- Growing the customer base
If you have the following experience and skills, we would love to hear from you:
- A background in engineering, ideally the related to steel
- Several years’ sales experience, both new business and account management, within the engineering sector
- Experience of low volume manufacturing
- Ability to read technical drawings and hold technical conversations
- Strong commercial acumen
This role is home based and would suit someone based in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury, Leicester, Worcester, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Stoke-on-Trent, Derby or the surrounding areas.
This is a fabulous opportunity!! The Sales Co-ordinator role offers a great salary and benefits: Half days on Fridays! 30 days holiday! Pension! Loads of training! Definite potential for Career Development! Stable career opportunity with a great team!
Are you looking for a role where you can develop your skills and grow with an amazing organisation who truly value your hard work? This could be the role for you!
As the Sales Co-ordinator, you will be working for a leading Manufacturer with Global recognition! They have been established for several decades and are going from strength to strength! They are recognised throughout their field for their outstanding quality product. They have thrived throughout the pandemic; you would be joining an incredibly stable organisation.
Benefits for the Sales Co-ordinator:
- 30 days holiday
- Half day on Fridays!
- Standard Pension
- Loads of Training!
- Definitely an Opportunity to Development your career
- Free Parking
The Sales Co-ordinator role is a really varied, exciting position, it’s a mix of Sales, Purchasing, Material Management and potentially Production Planning!
Your key duties would be:
- Handling of incoming Sales calls / customer enquiries regarding products, raise and progress orders, right through to their delivery.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure timely and correct dispatch and deliveries.
- stock control, resolving any discrepancies
- Manage sales process with customer accounts - quotations, orders, credits etc.
- Dealing with all aspects of collections and returns
- To keep customers updated on delivery dates and changes where required.
- By use of effective load planning ensure the most cost-effective transport costs are incurred
- All general administration ; Analysis and manipulation of data derived from the ERP system
- Monitoring trends and changes in requirement of parts amend forecasting accordingly.
- Support Colleagues when required.
- Attend and support exhibitions and shows when required.
I would be very interested in speaking with you if you are / have:
- Previous experience as a Sales Co-ordinator or a background in Sales, Purchasing, Material Management and / or Production Planning
- You must be confident and a good communicator! Happy to liaise with customers regarding sales queries/orders.
- High level of sales administration and order processing experience is essential
- Excellent Communication, sales and call handling skills/experience
- Good organisational skills is essential
- To be able to Communicate effectively with people at all levels in a calm, confident and mature manner
- To be able to work under the pressure of a fast pace sales/service desk
- The ability to problem solve and implement solutions
- Have Strong IT skills, competent in Word and Excel and have worked with or have an understanding of SAP or have worked with an ERP system previously
- Previous experience of using an MRP system to manage inventory levels and product demands whilst controlling the master data to achieve optimum results
- Experience in purchasing and preferably procurement environment and/or experience in production planning would be very advantageous
- Proven high level of accuracy is essential
- A good standard of Maths and English is required.
The role is commutable from: Coventry, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Stratford Upon Avon, Daventry, Northampton and Banbury
Recruitment Consultant – Sutton Coldfield
Are you an experienced Recruiter or Salesperson, who perhaps loves what you do, but not where you do it? Does specialist and niche interest you more than big and generalist? Would you be inspired by, working with highly knowledgeable colleagues who could make you better at your job? If this has piqued your interest, please read on, as our two current vacancies may be of interest.
A common question I receive is, do I need experience? There’s no doubt that it can be an advantage, particularly at first, but it’s your attitude to sales, and how you would build a successful long-term business, coupled with an openness to develop which is more important than experience. If you possess these attributes, then you would do well here, just as others have, in some cases for 20 years.
With Probe, it’s not so much what you do, but how you do it that’s important. Our Consultants are relationship builders rather than archetypal Salespeople. They work with clients to help resolve a problem, rather than see a client as an opportunity to make a quick buck. They understand that if they do the right things by their clients, those relationships should look after them in the future.
But this is of course a sales role, and there would be targets, but you would be supported to achieve those targets, and you would enjoy all of the normal trappings of working within an established recruitment consultancy of nearly 30 years, such as an outstanding commission scheme, a structured career pathway, incentives, and working with an amazing team.
If you have some recruitment or sales experience, ideally within a technical field, and would like to find out whether we could be a good fit for you, then please contact Andy Davies directly – firstname.lastname@example.org / 0121 321 4311.
We are pleased to be exclusively representing an established and successful manufacturer of capital equipment who are currently seeking a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager will be tasked with growing UK sales. The company manufacture a wide range of capital equipment for use within the industrial cleaning sector, with many varied applications.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving sales with new customers, across the UK, by identifying opportunities to sell their products to contractors involved in cleaning in an industrial setting.
The business has a global turnover in excess of €30m and manufacture their products themselves to the highest industry standards.
The products require a consultative, solutions focused sale and as such an entrepreneurial character will be needed to be successful.
The Business Development Manager will receive the following:
- Salary of up to £50,000
- Bonus/Profit Sharing Scheme
- Home office
- Ongoing training and education
- Identifying opportunities to sell the company’s capital equipment to cleaning contractors.
- Driving growth within the UK and contributing to the company’s growth targets
- Representing the company at industry events in the UK and abroad
- 5+ years sales experience within the industrial cleaning sector
- Consistent track record of achieving targets and meeting goals
- Mechanically minded and comfortable talking about mechanical products with engineers
Candidates will need to be located in either the North West or the South East of England
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Sales Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
This is an opportunity for a Quality Controller to join a growing company at their site in Droitwich to monitor, verify and report all aspects of fresh produce quality through intake, packhouse and despatch.
This is a new position due to expansion and significant investment and you will have the opportunity to make your mark on this department. This company has grown from strength to strength and you will be joining them at an exciting time at their automated packaging and distribution facility.
Quality Controller Role Benefits:
- £22,000 - £26,000 salary
- 20 days holiday, rising to 25 days with service + paid Bank Holidays.
- Company Medical package
- We have opportunities on Days 9am - 6pm or PM shift 12pm – 9pm
Quality Controller Role Description
- In this role you will be inspecting the product on arrival to determine the quality of product, document and record findings accurately.
- Ensure any problem loads are dealt with in a timely manner and reported to the line Manager.
- To inspect and supervise the dispatch of the finished product to customers, verifying all product meets the required specifications and labelling requirements prior to dispatch (positive release).
- To engage in the monitoring of the product throughout its shelf life and report any issues noted to the line Manager.
- To identify any issues with product performance as soon as they arise.
- Collate data to produce KPI's on the quality performance of suppliers.
Quality Controller Skills and Qualifications
- Successful candidates will hold a minimum 2 yr’s experience within Quality Control.
- I would be keen to hear from Quality Controllers or Inspectors who have worked with fresh produce or food.
- If you hold excellent attention to detail, are flexible, and able to work as part of a team, then we would love to hear from you!
In return you will joining a growing organisation at this modern facility. You will have the opportunity to make your mark on the Quality department in this integral role at an exciting time for this business.
This position is commutable from: Worcester, Kidderminster, Redditch, South Birmingham, Bromsgrove and surrounding areas.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a CUSTOMER SERVICES MANAGER working for a large, family owned, well established manufacturing organisation. The company has been established for over 100 years and the products they supply are unique, making them the market leader in their field.
As their CUSTOMER SERVIES MANAGER, you will lead and manage their customer services department to provide world class service to their customers.
- £33,000 - £36,000 - Dependant on experience
- Working directly with the Senior Management team
- Excellent Pension
- 33 Days Holidays
- Very generous sick scheme should you need it
- Life Assurance
- A genuine chance to make an impact
DUTIES OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICES MANAGER
- Champion improvement activities
- Regular contact with customers and agents, covering all aspects of customer service
- Lead and manage the Customer Service Department
- Negotiate and deal with major International Customers, freight companies, Government agencies and auditors
- Ensure all legal duties relating to supply and transport of dangerous goods, drug, and chemical weapons
- Travel to visit customers, agents and exhibitions when required
- Monitor customer order patterns
REQUIREMENT OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICES MANAGER
- You will have a strong understanding of the exportation of goods across borders, duty, and incoterms in the post-BREXIT age
- A level 5 (or higher) qualification in Business related discipline
- IATA and IMDG certified
- DBS checked
- Significant experience in a Customer Services Management role
- Must have shipping export knowledge, and highly preferable for you to have experience with dangerous goods
- Microsoft proficient
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
The role is commutable from Walsall, Wolverhampton, Sutton Coldfield, Worcester, Birmingham, Dudley, Solihull
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Technical Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
An organisation with a truly global recognised brand for quality and innovation with a reputation for producing world leading products, are currently seeking a Project Manager to oversee the Real Estate Management of their Midlands facilities. The organisation has a strong dedicated workforce already in place that provides all the necessary specialist and departmental support a global corporate company needs to function in these modern times.
As a busy manufacturing organisation with a large existing portfolio of property they need to ensure their buildings and infrastructure are fully optimised and remain sustainable for the continued running and growth of the company. A Project Manager is now required to support the daily function of working with internal stakeholders and external partners to guarantee and maintain the use and the delivery of property that meets their growing demands.
Benefits for the Project Manager
- Starting salary £50,000 - £52,000,
- Tax Efficient Car Options,
- Annual Bonus,
- Exceptional Company Pension,
- Above Average Holiday Entitlement
Duties of a Project Manager
- As the Senior Project Manager, you will ensure optimised & sustainable use of the company’s Real Estate through management of strategic building & infrastructure projects on behalf of internal stakeholders with delivery on time, to agreed quality and at agreed cost.
- You will independently lead multiple projects based on Real Estate Process to provide functional & efficient work environments for the various internal business partners within given targets for cost, quality, time and life-cycle cost.
- You will ensure project delivery is achieved at the highest levels of quality using approved systems, processes, tools and methods during the planning, realisation and handover phases, in addition to preparing facilities for optimised operational use of all service processes throughout the life cycle of the facility.
- You will be a key player in resolving conflicts with either internal stakeholders or external consultants & construction companies in order for project to meet cost, time and quality targets.
- A Formal Qualification (Degree / HND) in Civil, Construction, Building Services or Engineering
- Excellent skills in project management and the execution of multiple large projects.
- Demonstrated ability of high-level stakeholder management exposure.
- Knowledge of future building standards.
- Demonstrated ability to translate between business need and technical requirements.
- Strong competence in alternative contractual models for project realisation.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis.
This is a great opportunity to join a global brand and be part of a passionate group of people where individual employee’s welfare and personal and career development matter and are taken seriously.
This Project Manager's role is commutable from: Warwick, Oxford, Worcester, Cheltenham, Coventry, Banbury, London
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Technical Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994