A long-established engineering firm are currently looking to hire a Technical Sales Manager to spearhead their UK sales operation. The company have been trading for a number of years and have clients ranging from local SME’s right through to multinationals.
The Technical Sales Manager will have responsibility for all sales in the UK and will be one of the key drivers of growth for the business. They are keen to reward those who help them achieve their long-term goals.
The company specialise in niche, low volume engineering projects and they manufacture bespoke steel-related products which are sold across the globe. They have ambitious growth plans and are keen to find a motivated technical salesperson to take on the Technical Sales Manager role. Based in the heart of The Midlands, the company are well placed to serve their client base across the UK and beyond.
This role would suit a technical salesperson with a background in engineering or steel, who is capable of having technical discussions and reading drawings, whilst also possessing business development and commercial skills.
The Technical Sales Manager will be primarily home based but must be able to travel to the Birmingham area once or twice per week. The rest of the time you will be carrying out sales activities including customer meetings.
- A competitive salary of up to £45,000
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Healthcare cash plan
- Remote working
The Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for:
- Identifying new opportunities for the business, mainly in the UK but worldwide at times, in line with their capabilities
- Maintaining the enquiry pipeline
- Converting and closing enquires
- Technical meetings/presentations with customers
- Meeting business objectives and revenue targets
- Growing the customer base
If you have the following experience and skills, we would love to hear from you:
- A background in engineering, ideally the related to steel
- Several years’ sales experience, both new business and account management, within the engineering sector
- Experience of low volume manufacturing
- Ability to read technical drawings and hold technical conversations
- Strong commercial acumen
This role is home based and would suit someone based in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury, Leicester, Worcester, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Stoke-on-Trent, Derby or the surrounding areas.