Are you experienced at leading international R&D teams in the areas of Electronic and Software Technology, at a Senior Management level?
Are you the type of leader who can manage multiple R&D projects simultaneously, by strong leadership, excellent organisational and programme management skills, with the ability to delegate effectively?
We have a great opportunity to join a fast-expanding SME that has already established multiple safety and communication technology brands across the globe and be part of and shape the future of this highly profitable business, through growth strategy and R&D innovation.
To be an effective Technical Director within this organisation, the right applicant will have the following attributes and experiences.
- A proactive and results driven individual with an outstanding track record of delivering results.
- Managed teams of Engineers 10+ on multiple projects within the last 3 years.
- Have a strong knowledge and understanding of Electronics, Embedded Firmware and Software applications, combined with some knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Can lead and develop cross functional engineering teams, ideally in an international setting.
- A strong passion of new and innovative technologies.
- Good Team Management Skills.
- Strong desire to meet high standards.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to get others to believe in your decision making.
- Experience of working with international colleagues, partners and suppliers.
- Degree qualified in Engineering (Ideally Electronic or Software Engineering)
- A proven career history of longevity within companies, with a clear pattern of fast-track promotion through ability and achievements.
Primary responsibilities of the Technical Director:
- Ensure the new product roadmap is delivered on time and on cost.
- Lead the global engineering team (UK, Europe & Asia, circa 35 people in total) and work with outsource partners in developing a broad range of new products.
- Direct the future strategy of the company as a member of the board.
- Ensure the right technical approach is taken on major projects.
- Challenge the way in which the company develop products to speed up time to market.
- Developing the capabilities of the team and staff.
- Recruiting and retaining good engineering talent.
- Working with marketing and sales to create innovative and highly profitable product development.
- Developing relationships with outsourced partners, suppliers, other group companies, universities and associations to deliver best in class solutions for our customers
Technical Director Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary - £100,000 - £115,000
- Bonus & Share scheme up to 125% of salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Contributory pension
Commutable from – Aldershot, Guildford, Oxford, Reading, St Albans, Windsor, Watford.
Probe Technical Recruitment, a Technical Engineering Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Piling Design & Estimating Engineer with a leading UK business. The business has multiple sites, a 76 million turnover with aspirations of pushing on further. This is a permanent full-time work from home role, with a couple of visits to the South East office per month, so the incumbent can be based any where within reason.
Piling Design Engieer Benefits:
- Full time homeworking
- £50,000 salary plus car allowance or company vehicle
- 33 days holiday
- Share scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- 6% employer pension
- Life cover
This senior Piling Design role is pivotal in the development of the South East Regional Office within the piling discipline. Substantial experience will be gained in CFA, CHD, Tubular Steel and Precast driven piles for a market leading specialist renowned for innovation and development.
- Reporting to the Area Manager, you will cover all aspects of the regional piling work winning activities with a certain level of autonomy (depending on experience), in respect of pile design and technical sales including CFA, CHD, Tubular Steel and Precast Driven. Some overlap may occur with the Mini piling team in respect of technical support and sales, and liaison with other regions will be required in terms of sales intelligence, pricing levels and R and D.
- This role offers much diversity in terms of work activities from design, through estimating, technical sales and then follow up, in a demanding yet extremely challenging environment working for a highly regarded specialist.
- Piling Design will include bearing piles, tension piles laterally loaded piles and retaining walls. Design includes both tender and contract design and site redesign as required.
- The individual will manage all incoming piling enquiries, including assessment of opportunities and allocation of tenders/designs and includes estimating, tendering and client interaction / negotiation to the point where orders are secured, and provide ongoing support throughout the life of a project if required.
- There will be some work providing support dealing with site issues as and when these arise. This includes contract redesigns, rectification of design issues and liaising with external approving authorities and Engineers if required.
- Reporting to the Area Manager the role should provide effective control of the Technical and Estimating element of the discipline ensuring compliance with the company management system and business strategy.
Piling Design Engieer Person Specification:
- You will preferably be a Chartered Civil Engineer
- Client is looking for proven Piling Design experience, CFA and retaining walls
- You will be a solid, well experienced Piling Design Engineer. If required, the estimating side can be taught
- Flexibility, attending the South East office a couple of times per month
Probe Technical Recruitment, a Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Specialists since 1994
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a QUALITY ENGINEER for a Birmingham based multiple site manufacturing organisation.
As their QUALITY ENGINEER you will be joining a fast-paced manufacturing facility, reporting into the Quality Manager, you will liaise with customers and plant on all quality issues. This is a fantastic opportunity, for a strong QUALITY ENGINEER to join a successful Company, who continue to grow and expand, even despite recent difficult times.
- £35,000 - £38,000
- Excellent Pension
- 26 Days Holiday & Stats
- Staff Car Park
DUTIES OF THE QUALITY ENGINEER
- Monitor customer quality concerns
- Identify and close out repetitive concerns
- Create action plans to improve performance.
- Discuss / negotiate specific concern boundary
- Analyses customer returns, concerns and defects found in the production.
- Perform Capability Studies and Parts and Process Audits.
- PPAP preparation – documentation and presentation.
- Perform Gage Studies (Gage R&R, Bias, Linearity and Stability)
- Ensure that continuous improvement is made in all production MEQ quality deliverables
- Ensure that customer and internally identified quality issues are resolved using problem solving methods e.g. 8D Report,
- Ensure that all quality activities are performed according to BOS, IATF 16949, and ISO 9000, ISO 14001 etc.
- Support the continuous improvements
- Identify and use the appropriate statistical tools.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE QUALITY ENGINEER
- Relevant experience within Quality Engineering
- A high standard of education is required
- You will have gained your experience from within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Good training in Quality disciplines such as PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans and SPC
- Must hold a driving licence
- To thrive under pressure
The role is commutable from Walsall, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Wolverhampton, Telford, Dudley, Redditch, Tamworth, and Worcester
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
This is a UK based opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to install and service/repair mechanical pressing and sawing machinery used within the building industry with this successful global manufacturer based from their site in Dudley.
Field Service Engineer Role Benefits:
- £32,000 basic salary, Monday to Friday, £38k - £40k OTE
- 25 days holiday + paid Bank Holidays.
- 5% company pension
- Performance related Annual bonus
- Life Assurance
Field Service Engineer Role Description
- In the role of Field Service Engineer you will be installing and attending service/repair visits on mechanical pressing and sawing machinery used within the building industry.
- You will be covering a UK wide customer base and a van is provided.
- The basic hours for this role are 40 hours Monday – Friday with expectation for overtime and occasional weekend work.
Field Service Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Successful candidates will ideally hold both Electrical and Mechanical abilities and will be time served with a relevant Engineering qualification.
- I would be keen to hear from Multiskilled Engineers who have experience supporting heavy plant or construction machinery.
- Experience of mechanical breakdowns and fault finding is key to this role, as is an eye for detail and problem solving skills.
- If you hold good communication skills, are flexible, and able to work independently, then we would love to hear from you.
In return you will joining an existing Field Service team at this successful and thriving manufacturer based from their site in Dudley.
This Field Service Engineer position is commutable from: Dudley, Stourbridge, Halesowen, West Bromwich, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Walsall and surrounding areas.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Support since 1994
This is a great opportunity within a leading company’s centre of excellence, which is privately owned and with operations in 20 countries. In the UK, they develop and manufacture bespoke products, with over 90% being exported.
They currently have a number of patents, world firsts and are committed to continuous product development on a concurrent engineering basis.
Product Development Engineer Package and Benefits
- £35,000 - £38,000 dependant on experience
- £4,000 company performance bonus
- Free life Assurance
- Joint contributory pension scheme,
- Private medical insurance (after a qualifying period)
- 37.5 hours per week – with flexible hours
- Early finish on Friday’s
This Product Development Engineer's role is Commutable From: Milton Keynes, Leicester, Peterborough, Rugby, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Banbury, Market Harborough, St Neots
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Product Development Engineer within the Research and Development Department providing life-cycle support of existing products across clients range of products.
This position would suit someone who is currently in a Product Development Engineer role, a Product Engineer, Design Engineer or possibly even a Draughtsman.
Product Development Engineer Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- The Product Development Engineer will be evaluating and implementing design change requests related to the full range of products.
- Preparing, maintaining and revision control of 3D CAD models, drawings and BOM’s using SolidWorks and Keytech PLM software, including the updating and correcting of CAD modelling errors in legacy SolidWorks Drawings, Parts and Assemblies.
- Re-drawing legacy AutoCAD designs in SolidWorks and providing CAD draughting support to Research and Development Engineers.
- Working closely with and supporting other departments (Production, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Quality) and suppliers to improve existing designs with respect to design for manufacture and assembly.
- Provide assistance to other departments and suppliers to help solve technical problems during manufacture and assembly.
- Oversee validation testing required during the design change process and summarise results in a technical report.
- Provide input to new product development based on experience of existing products. Performance of other tasks as detailed by the Product Development Manager and/or the R&D Manager.
Product Development Engineer Key Skills Required:
- HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical and / or Production Engineering (ideally).
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in 3D CAD is essential, preferably using SolidWorks.
- Experience in PLM Systems and document revision control.
- Familiar with the principles of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience in a product development and product manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of special materials such as austenitic and Duplex stainless steels, hastelloy, titanium, tantalum etc. would be an advantage.
- Ideally knowledge of permanent joining methods such as welding, brazing, adhesive bonding etc and knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, injection moulding, machining, fabrication, forming etc.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994