Are you experienced at leading international R&D teams in the areas of Electronic and Software Technology, at a Senior Management level?
Are you the type of leader who can manage multiple R&D projects simultaneously, by strong leadership, excellent organisational and programme management skills, with the ability to delegate effectively?
We have a great opportunity to join a fast-expanding SME that has already established multiple safety and communication technology brands across the globe and be part of and shape the future of this highly profitable business, through growth strategy and R&D innovation.
To be an effective Technical Director within this organisation, the right applicant will have the following attributes and experiences.
- A proactive and results driven individual with an outstanding track record of delivering results.
- Managed teams of Engineers 10+ on multiple projects within the last 3 years.
- Have a strong knowledge and understanding of Electronics, Embedded Firmware and Software applications, combined with some knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Can lead and develop cross functional engineering teams, ideally in an international setting.
- A strong passion of new and innovative technologies.
- Good Team Management Skills.
- Strong desire to meet high standards.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to get others to believe in your decision making.
- Experience of working with international colleagues, partners and suppliers.
- Degree qualified in Engineering (Ideally Electronic or Software Engineering)
- A proven career history of longevity within companies, with a clear pattern of fast-track promotion through ability and achievements.
Primary responsibilities of the Technical Director:
- Ensure the new product roadmap is delivered on time and on cost.
- Lead the global engineering team (UK, Europe & Asia, circa 35 people in total) and work with outsource partners in developing a broad range of new products.
- Direct the future strategy of the company as a member of the board.
- Ensure the right technical approach is taken on major projects.
- Challenge the way in which the company develop products to speed up time to market.
- Developing the capabilities of the team and staff.
- Recruiting and retaining good engineering talent.
- Working with marketing and sales to create innovative and highly profitable product development.
- Developing relationships with outsourced partners, suppliers, other group companies, universities and associations to deliver best in class solutions for our customers
Technical Director Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary - £100,000 - £115,000
- Bonus & Share scheme up to 125% of salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Contributory pension
Commutable from – Aldershot, Guildford, Oxford, Reading, St Albans, Windsor, Watford.
Probe Technical Recruitment, a Technical Engineering Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Piling Design & Estimating Engineer with a leading UK business. The business has multiple sites, a 76 million turnover with aspirations of pushing on further. This is a permanent full-time work from home role, with a couple of visits to the South East office per month, so the incumbent can be based any where within reason.
Piling Design Engieer Benefits:
- Full time homeworking
- £50,000 salary plus car allowance or company vehicle
- 33 days holiday
- Share scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- 6% employer pension
- Life cover
This senior Piling Design role is pivotal in the development of the South East Regional Office within the piling discipline. Substantial experience will be gained in CFA, CHD, Tubular Steel and Precast driven piles for a market leading specialist renowned for innovation and development.
- Reporting to the Area Manager, you will cover all aspects of the regional piling work winning activities with a certain level of autonomy (depending on experience), in respect of pile design and technical sales including CFA, CHD, Tubular Steel and Precast Driven. Some overlap may occur with the Mini piling team in respect of technical support and sales, and liaison with other regions will be required in terms of sales intelligence, pricing levels and R and D.
- This role offers much diversity in terms of work activities from design, through estimating, technical sales and then follow up, in a demanding yet extremely challenging environment working for a highly regarded specialist.
- Piling Design will include bearing piles, tension piles laterally loaded piles and retaining walls. Design includes both tender and contract design and site redesign as required.
- The individual will manage all incoming piling enquiries, including assessment of opportunities and allocation of tenders/designs and includes estimating, tendering and client interaction / negotiation to the point where orders are secured, and provide ongoing support throughout the life of a project if required.
- There will be some work providing support dealing with site issues as and when these arise. This includes contract redesigns, rectification of design issues and liaising with external approving authorities and Engineers if required.
- Reporting to the Area Manager the role should provide effective control of the Technical and Estimating element of the discipline ensuring compliance with the company management system and business strategy.
Piling Design Engieer Person Specification:
- You will preferably be a Chartered Civil Engineer
- Client is looking for proven Piling Design experience, CFA and retaining walls
- You will be a solid, well experienced Piling Design Engineer. If required, the estimating side can be taught
- Flexibility, attending the South East office a couple of times per month
Probe Technical Recruitment, a Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Working with the relevant design, manufacturing and purchasing teams and reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for providing full cost analysis of each new and existing machine. You will also be required to identify and execute significant cost down opportunities in fabricated assemblies, bought-in components and machine build efficiencies.
Value Engineer Hours and Salary
- Salary - £35,000
- 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday
Value Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Full cost analysis of existing products including standard Bills of Material, standard and non-standard options
- Support new product development with costing analysis. Cost analysis / target pricing on all new and modified products
- Provide forecasted costs for all machines using established costing templates. Creation of standard component engineering / cost libraries
- Analyse and compare welding fabrications with regard to new designs. Review all sub-assemblies in terms of materials and labour costs
- Work with the manufacturing and finance teams to identify sectional BoMs. Will be a key driver in cost down projects in the department.
- Support Product Managers in generating pricing, Price Book updates as needed, support the engineering team as requested by the engineering manager
- Analysis of Purchase Price Variance and maintain cost trackers. Identify opportunities for value engineering or process efficiencies within existing as well as new product
Value Engineer Person Specification
- Engineering degree or evidence of equivalent (ideally)
- Proven experience of machine cost analysis, and proven ability to manipulate data and generate cost models
- Experience of heavy equipment would be a distinct advantage
- Strong computer skills especially MS excel. Strong planning and execution skills
- The ability to prioritise work and thrive in a fast-moving business to meet tight deadlines
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken, good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges & cultures
This Value Engineer is commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Burton upon Trent, Coventry, Tamworth
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Design Engineer – Mechanical / Hydraulics
This business has over 50 years of heritage, specialising in design, manufacturing, and installation of bespoke steel fabrication projects.
Supporting clients, across the world, in many different industries, their in-house design capabilities cover all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and software disciplines.
The Design Engineer Role
Client is looking for an engineer with an innovative mechanical background, a passion for engineering excellence and proven experience to draw on. This is a varied job with varying degrees of responsibility, differing types of tasks ranging from initial design to machine commissioning, perhaps project management or customer visits but with practical design remaining central to the job.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in structural steel fabrication design
- Effective in carrying out detailed structural strength calculations for both structural and mechanical components
- Display a high degree of computing literacy on engineering design packages
- Hydraulic exposure would be useful
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly Organised
Software – AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault, ANSYS, MS Office
Design Engineer Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Generation of documentation within the production design office including, but not limited to, drawings, parts lists, Drawing Office Purchase Requisitions’ and Drawing Office Issue Note’s to ensure project deadlines set both internally and externally are met. Management of Bills of Material and detail manufacturing drawing.
- Produce conceptual designs from functional specifications. Layout design of mechanical/hydraulic machinery.
- To work in multi-discipline project teams on specific aspects of the machine design. Undertake component stress calculations and compile documented calculation packages for third party verification in order to comply to varying international codes and standards.
- Produce equipment test specifications for use in house. Liaison with other Design Engineers to ensure design specifications are met.
- Bid support, travel for technical input, customer liaison, input to sales proposals. Attendance at technical meetings (UK and Overseas)
Design Engineer Salary and Hours
- £30,000 - £40,000, dependant on experience
- 37 hours per week, 08:00am - 17:00pm Monday to Thursday and 08:00am – 12:00pm Friday. (flexibility, due to workloads would be required)
This Design Engineer role is commutable From: Shrewsbury, Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Walsall
Product Support & Test Technician – Electronics
Based within a small engineering business that is part of a larger European Group, the role will be part of the Test and Development Team that is primary responsible for the development of electronic component parts of the organisation’s product range.
The company has a proud history for always being an innovative leader and for being in recent times, the first to introduce specialist technology to market.
The Product Support Technician will form a key role in this business and an important part of product development process.
Product Support & Test Technician Benefits:
- £25,000 - £35,000
- Pension – Contributions
- 33 Days Holidays
- Career Development
The primary duties of the Product Support & Test Technician will be:
- To maintain technical data systems relating to product design and manufacture.
- To define and introduce new products.
- To provide technical support to other departments within the company.
- To maintain company product and materials specification systems.
- To maintain product data via ERP item master, bill of material and routing files.
- To maintain libraries of technical data relating to products, materials and components.
- To maintain technical equipment and perform product testing.
- Organise manufacture of new product samples.
The Primary Requirements for the Product Support Technician:
- A formal qualification in engineering ONC (NVQ level 3) or above (including basic electronics knowledge).
- Be Self-motivation and have good attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels (both internally and externally)
- Good PC skills, particularly MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience of basic electronics hand-assembly.
This Product Support & Test Technician role is commutable from: Stowmarket, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree, Newmarket