An EXCITING OPPORTUNITY has become available for an EXPERIENCED CNC Miller Setter / Operator to join a successful manufacturing company in Bedford.
My client is looking for a CNC Miller Setter / Operator with experience Milling and turning to join their team!
The successful CNC Miller Setter / Operator will receive the following package:
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Around £25k DOE
- Early finishes on Fridays
- Weekdays only
- 25 days hol + BH
- Free Parking on site
The CNC Miller Setter / Operator should have experience with:
- Milling and turning using FANUC controls.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Good attention to detail.
- Carry out visual checks and hand tools inspections.
- Be familiar with continuous improvement methods and Kaizen techniques.
If you are currently a CNC Miller Setter / Operator, looking for a fresh opportunity please send your CV ASAP.
A PRESTIGIOUS manufacturing organisation have an URGENT requirement for an INJECTION MOULD SETTER.
They are a multi-site operation, with facilities world -wide. The opportunities available, would be second to none, with plenty of development offered for the right person.
This is a busy facility, and there are plenty of orders stacking up.
- £34,000 (pro rata)
- Shift Premium
- Paid Overtime
- 6 Month Contract
- Provide support and process improvement
- Conduct mould changes
- Set up moulding processes
- Identification for areas of improvement within tool changes
- Conduct first – off
- Tool change reduction through SMED
- Cycle time improvement / general scrap reduction
- This role is over a 3-shift pattern – Monday to Friday
- Ideally, you will be Apprentice trained
- Strong knowledge of plastic injection mould machines
- If you have gained your experience within a high volume, complex manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Knowledge of SMED and 5S
- Happy to work 3 shifts
- Would suit someone who is looking for an opportunity where there are genuine career prospects
You will be joining an established manufacturing organisation, and you will be supported by a strong management team. This is a superb opportunity that, for the right person, can offer fantastic potential for greater chances within the organisation.
This is a superb opportunity to be part of a well- established manufacturing business, who with increased production, now have a requirement for a Material Planner.
In this role you will be responsible for controlling a supplier portfolio to ensure that materials are delivered on time in full managing all data and communication between the plant and Supplier
- Immediate Start Available
- Permanent Role
- £30,000 - £35,00
- Busy, stable Manufacturing business with good future products
- Using MRP / SAP to ensure optimised material requirements planning is achieved.
- Maintain and issue supplier Schedules
- Control of supplier requirements and ensuring that ordering and delivery is in line with supplier lead times and payment terms.
- Working with Production to understand exceptional material requirements translating into material delivery plans.
- Liaise with MP&L Logistics Analyst regarding material requirements and timed changes to minimise scrap and obsolescence costs.
- Control of delivery notes.
- Control of Supplier packaging levels and regular reporting of stock levels and damage container control to minimise financial impact.
- Provide comprehensive efficient logistics support to all areas of the business
- Work with projects and purchasing to support change control and new product introduction.
- Liaise with the third party and Supplier transport companies
- Control of SAP master data for allocated portfolio to ensure stock optimization delivery of Supplier requirements and business objectives.
- Strong IT skills
- MRP skills, preferably SAP
- Excellent experience of Material Planning from within a fast- paced manufacturing background would be beneficial
- Superb analytical skills
- Essential – outstanding communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s most exciting manufacturing firms in the region, with great development opportunities and support and training available.
We are working on behalf of a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning & they have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with a Junior Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN would be very useful)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £23,000 - £33,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield
The Design Engineer will be required to work within an ISO 9001 environment and carry out all aspects of design for manufacture of the company's mechanical products.
You will have a proven design background, particularly within rotating machinery or mechanical moving parts.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Work to ISO 9001 standards as relating to product design project work and order processing, using and exploiting the company’s 3D CAD systems (NX, Inventor and AutoCAD software) to their maximum capability.
- Design for manufacture and assembly protocols. Produce 3D part models and assemblies and detailed 2D component and assembly drawings to current standards.
- Provide calculations for performance and safety considerations including FEA and FMEA analysis.
- Project manage new product development as well as existing products and individual one-off projects. This may involve assemblies for quotation requiring investigation work including the production of precise layouts, design improvements of existing components and part rationalisation.
- Embrace company Value Analysis/ Value Engineering (VAVE) processes to generate the most cost-effective solutions and designs.
- Produce detailed material specifications, product IOM manuals and other technical reports/documentation as required and produce and amend Bills of Material.
- Identify improvement opportunities and participate in and lead continuous improvement activities including team kaizen events.
Key Person Specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of 5 years related mechanical design experience within a 3D CAD environment
- Application experience of FEA software preferred
- Engineering experience related to rotating machinery / mechanical moving parts
- Ability to work flexibly to achieve tight deadlines and targets
- A dynamic team player with positive attitude
Minimum Education Requirements
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum of Higher National Certificate / Diploma with appropriate industrial experience.
- Registered Incorporated Engineer (IEng) not essential but preferred
- Experience of using a 3D CAD package is essential
£35,000 - £40,000 dependant on skills and experience
Commutable From: Milton Keynes, Northampton, Luton, Cambridge, Kettering, Stevenage
Are you looking for a Service Engineer role with a difference? Are you able to give the highest level of service possible? Are you looking for a challenging role where no two days are the same in a role where 70% of your work will involve international travel? Looking to develop within a thriving organisation? Then this could be the role for you!
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Service Engineer. This position offers an excellent salary, great benefits package incl 28 days holiday, Contributory pension scheme and the potential to learn and develop within the business.
As the Service Engineer, you will be working in a fast paced and rapidly growing customer support organization with an outstanding reputation and a global leader.
As the Service Engineer, your duties will include:
- Focusing on Customer Service & Support and include installation/commissioning and upgrades of capital equipment at customers' premises, as well as warranty support.
- Your territory will be Global; therefore, worldwide travel is essential.
- You will be located in the UK Head office (Bedford) as part of a team providing 24/7 technical support
- You will be required to travel to customers' sites to lead Installation and upgrade projects
- Also, to carry out service & inspection work in line with on-going service schedules.
- While at site, you will be required to co-ordinate installation resources, liaise with the customer to resolve any problems, ensuring a successful conclusion to the relevant installation / project.
- You will also be responsible for increasing the customer service activity ensuring relevant and timely reports are submitted as required
I would be very interested in speaking with you if you are/ have:
- Previous Experience as a Service Engineer within the Flexible Packaging, Digital Printing, Narrow Web/Tag & Label Finishing Equipment, or Specialty Printing sectors would be advantageous
- Experience in the maintenance and operation of slitting & rewinding equipment would be an advantage.
- An understanding of basic mechanical and/or electrical engineering principles and previous maintenance or a service engineering background.
- Strong background in a field-based customer support role.
- A basic experience of working within remote diagnostic, technical support solutions in a customer support environment is desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative.
- Good level of multi-skilling (electrics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc...).
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a high level in English is essential and other languages would be a great attribute.
Benefits for the Service Engineer:
- Excellent Salary and OTE
- 28 days holiday incl Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension scheme up to 5%
- Mobile Phone
- Workwear provided
- International Travel