The Design Engineer will be required to work within an ISO 9001 environment and carry out all aspects of design for manufacture of the company's mechanical products.
You will have a proven design background, particularly within rotating machinery or mechanical moving parts.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Work to ISO 9001 standards as relating to product design project work and order processing, using and exploiting the company’s 3D CAD systems (NX, Inventor and AutoCAD software) to their maximum capability.
- Design for manufacture and assembly protocols. Produce 3D part models and assemblies and detailed 2D component and assembly drawings to current standards.
- Provide calculations for performance and safety considerations including FEA and FMEA analysis.
- Project manage new product development as well as existing products and individual one-off projects. This may involve assemblies for quotation requiring investigation work including the production of precise layouts, design improvements of existing components and part rationalisation.
- Embrace company Value Analysis/ Value Engineering (VAVE) processes to generate the most cost-effective solutions and designs.
- Produce detailed material specifications, product IOM manuals and other technical reports/documentation as required and produce and amend Bills of Material.
- Identify improvement opportunities and participate in and lead continuous improvement activities including team kaizen events.
Key Person Specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of 5 years related mechanical design experience within a 3D CAD environment
- Application experience of FEA software preferred
- Engineering experience related to rotating machinery / mechanical moving parts
- Ability to work flexibly to achieve tight deadlines and targets
- A dynamic team player with positive attitude
Minimum Education Requirements
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum of Higher National Certificate / Diploma with appropriate industrial experience.
- Registered Incorporated Engineer (IEng) not essential but preferred
- Experience of using a 3D CAD package is essential
£35,000 - £40,000 dependant on skills and experience
Commutable From: Milton Keynes, Northampton, Luton, Cambridge, Kettering, Stevenage