8 Projects Engineering Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Technical Support - Italian Speaking
We have a great opportunity to join a fast expanding engineering organisation that develops a vast range of electo-mechanical devices that are used in a myriad of industry sectors across the world. The company has seen recent growth in Europe, especially in Italy, so an Italian Speaking Technical Support person is required to join their internal department. The position sits between the Sales and the Research & Development Teams and will be the direct contact liaison between the customer and the engineering side of the company. This will involve collating information and data that allows the bespoke design of a product to a customer’s individual requirements.
- Duties will include telephone, email and skype communication with customers, creating data information fact sheets, liaison with the internal technical departments and maintaining marketing and update information with existing and past clients.
- Full product and organisation training will be provided, along with technical training related to the products and the innovative technology that are being created.
- Although the position does not require a formal qualification in engineering, it will require a good understanding and some experience of working within a manufacturing or technical environment.
- The right candidate will have the ability to learn and understand engineering and technical information and thermology through training, so that they can relay and communicate effectively with customers.
- Excellent communication and IT skills are essential and the ability present data and information to third parties.
- All applicants must also be confident in speaking Italian.
- The position will be a days-based role 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am - 1pm Fridays.
- There is a bonus that is paid every quarter and the position comes with 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.
Probe Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter for a company within the Heavy Engineering Industry that are unique. Along with a competitive salary, the company operate a day shift with working hours 7am – 3.30pm.
Duties of a Maintenance Fitter:
Please look at the information below regarding the role, duties will include but not limited to:
- The diagnosis, location and rectification of all mechanical faults on site, including pneumatic, hydraulic systems
- Responding to emergency situations in a timely and effective manner
- Plan out work and display initiative and common sense
- Adhere to current Safe Systems of Work, lock off and permit to work procedures
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with company Quality systems, hygiene standards and safe working practices
Requirements of a Maintenance Fitter:
- The company will require you to have an NVQ / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or Apprentice trained.
They will also look at talking too Maintenance Engineers or Mechanical Fitters for this role.
The role for a Maintenance Fitter is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield and Chesterfield.
We are working with a busy and fast-growing technology company that are involved in the Design and Development of a range of electro-mechanical devices that are outsourced for manufacture and then returns for Assembly and Checking in-house.
The company has seen some fantastic growth over the last 5 years and in the last 18 month a Project Team has been created to assist in the smooth transition from on average 2000 projects a year to over 22000 projects in 2018.
- The role will be responsible for looking after a key area of the business and learning the four main departments within the company - (R&D, Supplier Liaison, Procurement & Assembly / Test)
- A successful candidate will be mentored and supported form the start of their employment, so that they can fully integrate into the company and quickly become an asset to the Project Team.
Suitable Applicants will have the following:
- A formal qualification in Engineering, (Manufacturing, Design or Mechanical)
- At least 1 year’s industry experience (Year Placements will be acceptable) within an Engineering environment.
- Good Junior Project Engineering skills (Planning, Presentation, MS Office Tools)
- A good understanding of Manufacturing, Research & Development and Supply Chain methods
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Salary : £26,000
Location : West Midlands
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing company where prospects and career development are very realistic within a few years.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.
Project Engineer - Capital Process Equipment
A UK Team that supports a global operation in the Design / Configuration and Project Management of Process & Materials Handling Equipment layout and installation, are seeking a Project Engineer to support current and future programmes.
The organisation employs staff on every continent around the globe and has a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Europe. The UK Division has been established for over 20 years and acts as the main point of management for all new machinery / equipment delivery and installation projects for any customer’s site in the world. This team is built of Senior Project Managers and Engineers, Design Teams, Logistics and Procurement Specialists, and a support group of Junior and Project Engineers who either work with the Senior Management Team or solely on smaller projects.
- The right applicants for this role will be formally qualified engineers HNC / HND / Degree level in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 18 months experience of working in a Process and Material Handling project installation environment.
- Be familiar and confident to use 2D & 3D CAD to create layout plans, P&ID’s and visualisations.
- Have an excellent ability to communicate with others in an articulate and clear way.
- A strong desire to learn and pick up new methods and technologies quickly.
- A willingness to travel internationally at short notice.
- A good appreciation of mechanical Systems associated to machinery and equipment would also be desired.
- Salary : £40,000
For more information please send your latest CV ASAP.
Sales / Application Engineer
We are working with a fast-expanding European organisation that provides modern process equipment and machinery to the food industry sectors. The company are looking at expanding their Customer Technical Support Team with an Application Engineer who can work with and support existing and future customers with the integration of machinery and equipment into their sites with minimal disruption.
The company has a long proud history of offering a complete Turn-Key programme solution to their customers needs and this will often require creating site plans and P&ID Drawings to ensure the delivery, commissioning and installation of machines can be achieved within cost and time limits.
The position will work directly with the Sales and Project Teams, post initial Sales Introduction and Enquires. This will be in the way of technical support, project management of the project, preparing quotes and tenders, creating 2D Drawings and plans that can be interpreted into designs and action plans by third parties and suppliers.
The role will require an individual who will work as part of the UK Sales Team, primarily carrying out the duties as listed below. The person will need to be capable of operating as an individual, taking responsibility for the correct execution of duties in a timely manner, managing their work schedule, and prioritising the work to meet the dynamic nature of the business needs. Team skills are also vital, with transparency and exceptional interdepartmental communication skills.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate an experienced background in capital equipment sales, with an excellent knowledge of processes and applications in the field of food, confectionary, cosmetics, and/or personal care industries.
The role will best suit proactive individuals who are keen to develop a market presence for a leading machinery supplier into a new sector with proven growth potential.
- Work with Business Field Managers to develop and maintain a business development strategy for Food and Cosmetics applications in the UK / ROI.
- Arrange and attend visits to potential customers.
- Determine the best solution from the company’s product portfolio to solve the customer’s process requirements.
- Prepare technical specifications and quotations with application experts for process solutions.
- Present and explain the developed solutions to customer engineers, and management.
- Work alongside the Projects team to provide turnkey solutions for customers.
- Focus on the customer journey.
- Arrange and attend customer tests at the group companies Labs.
- Attend workshops and exhibitions.
- Visit other divisions overseas as required.
- Maintain relationships with existing customer base.
- Update sales team on news and developments from the assigned Business Fields.
- Assist with Marketing strategies and campaigns as required.
- Work alongside the Internal Sales Team to secure new business and develop progressive sales objectives.
- Good command of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication, written, spoken in person and telephone.
- Background in process engineering / equipment for food and or personal care industries.
The role will require frequent travel to customer sites, so a flexible approach is essential.
Electronic / Embedded Software
A busy and fast growing manufacturer of Electronic Products is seeking to recruit a new Technical Director to ensure the continuation of New Product Development and the Introduction of their products to their ever increasing global customer base. The company already has over 30 Engineers in the specialist areas of Electronics, Embedded Software and Electromechanical Design and Development and as a team they are regularly working on between 15 - 20 projects at any one time.
The nature of the position is manage at the coal-face and ensure the team as a collective are working effectively and can deliver their projects on time and within cost. This will require the ability to understand the principles of the technology being developed and support or mentor new or junior team members to quickly become assets to the business.
The other equally important part of the role is to support the global network of suppliers and partners (Europe, Asia and USA) with the continued drive for innovation and better technology.
This position will be part of the company’s Board of Directors and will be responsible and rewarded for the continued growth of the business and its own product portfolio.
Requirements of a Technical Director:
- Day to day team management of R&D and associated staff mainly UK, but also some international locations.
- To drive new product development projects to full completion within the set timelines.
- Create and maintain strategies to ensure the correct man-power and resource are available and used effectively when required.
- Support the introduction of new products and deal with design changes and legislation requirements.
- Ensure all projects adhere to company safety and compliance procedures.
- Create the best way to introduce new staff to the team with training and product knowledge without causing too much disruption to the current live projects.
- Create a strong personal development programme for all staff, so new technology, procedures and methods can be learnt for the benefit of all.
- Develop best practice to ensure minimal quality and return issues on new products post NPD
- Maintain good communication with suppliers and partners
- Support the Board with the introduction of new procedures
Person Profile for a Technical Director:
- The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and bring individuals together to create a positive team environment.
- Good experience in Electronics and Embedded Software and the delivery of new technology to market.
- At least 5 years Senior Management / Director experience of leading teams in an Electronic Product, Goods or Device development environment.
- A formal qualification in Engineering (Electronics / Electrical / Software or Mechanical) HND / Degree.
- Good exposure of working with overseas suppliers and partners.
- A proven background of delivering products from concept to manufacture.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Experience of hiring and training staff.
- A willingness to travel internationally.
Package and benefits for a Technical Director:
- Salary £90,000 - £110,000+
- Bonus Scheme - up to 100%
- Company Car or Allowance
- Relocation Package
- Excellent Pension Scheme
Please note that this role requires a Senior Manager / Director with a background in delivering projects and programmes and all applicants should have a recent background of at least 3 years with one company employed in such a role with these responsibilities.
Applicants should also please note that this is a permanent position that requires full time commitment to single place of work.
For more information please send your CV ASAP.
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL PERMITTING
An exciting opportunity has become available to join a well-established environmental consultancy as a Technical Director of Environmental Permitting / Planning.
Duties of a Technical Director:
- As a Technical Director you will be responsible for all aspects of environment, health and safety within your area.
- Provide technical support for the environmental monitoring of landfill sites, data analysis and assessment of their disposal of hazardous waste.
- Train other consultants.
- Help create new business opportunities for the company.
- Represent the company at business and social events.
- Carry out quality assurance procedures.
- Liaise with client and authorities during projects.
- Be responsible for project performance.
Requirements of a Technical Director:
- Have a full UK driving licence.
- Take responsibility for completing your own CPD.
- BSc qualification in a relevant area.
- Have experience project managing and budgeting.
We invite applications from candidates who have held a senior post within environmental planning / permitting.
If you want further information then please do not hesitate to send your CV ASAP.
Are you an experienced Line Technician, Quality Inspector / Technician or Lab Technician looking for a new challenge within a high-quality niche industry?
The company pride themselves in the quality of their work and the niche industry they are in, servicing and supplying a wide range of industries. The commitment towards customer focus, quality, experience, partnership and trust is exceptional. Such a ‘complete’ approach has seen them work in partnership with the world’s leading brands. They are seeking a Lab Technician to ensure all necessary tests are carried out on finished products and ensure the high standards are maintained.
The Lab Technician will be flexible to working days and nights when required as well as:
- Set parameters; line speed, peak metal temperature, following work instructions
- Make adjustments to the line parameter settings based on test results
- Conduct pre-treatment tests
- Support and monitor the coating process
- Ensure samples are run correctly and feedback any changes or corrective actions made
- Record test results on a database
Skills & Experience:
The successful Lab Technician will have:
- Degree / HNC or Equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience of inspection / QC within a chemical bias
- Experience of continuous improvement / process procedures
- Experience in a team environment
I would be keen to speak with candidates who have experience as a Quality Inspector, Lab Technician, Line Technician, Production Inspector or Quality Control Technicians who are seeking a new opportunity.
A competitive salary
Generous holiday entitlement
Training if required
This role is commutable from Cannock, Burntwood, Wolverhampton, Willenhall, Dudley, Walsall, Telford, Stafford, Birmingham, and surrounding areas.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV ASAP.