5 Finance & Accounting Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Probe Recruitment are supporting a a global manufacturing organisation in Banbury who are looking for an Assistant Financial Controller with responsibility for controlling all plant costs and internal controls, compiling the annual budgets/forecasts and ensuring that all statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Control of Plant Direct Margin Costs: Control all direct margin costs at part level.
- Change Control: Review and approval of sales price, BOM and standard costs changes. Develop reporting systems to communicate impact of changes
- Standard Costs: Set up and maintain standard costing for existing parts. Develop reporting systems to communicate financial margins at part, commodity and vehicle level
- New vehicle projects: Review new program costs down to EBITDA level. Ensure integrity between programs reported profits and plant level profitability. Develop reporting systems to communicate profitability status at program milestones.
- Launch costs: Control and report all plant launch costs. Work with launch team to prepare annual launch forecast
- Monthly forecasting: Support Plant Controller during monthly forecasting process.
- P&L responsibility: Full responsibility for specific P&L lines.
- Month End procedures: Journal preparation, P&L and Balance Sheet analysis during 3 day close. Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Corporate reporting: Complete monthly direct margin report for monthly management information pack including commentary. Support Plant Controller on other reports required for monthly management pack.
This role ideal role for an ambitous accountant who is seeking to progress to Plant Controller in 2 years.
My client, a global business based in Sutton Coldfield is seeking to recruit Management Accountant. This is a great opportunity for a qualified/part qualified accountant to join a growing business as a management accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the management accountant will oversee the UK financial reporting, accounting, and billing functions in an organised and efficient manner and produce accurate timely financial and management accounts.
- Overall responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of the management accounts and financial statements including managing the month end close process
- Ensuring appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and safeguarding company assets through maintenance of effective controls.
- Banking and Treasury Management
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context;
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions, complete audits and report on improvement strategies
Probe Recruitment are currently engaged with a Global Manufacturing business based in Dudley that is currently looking for a Commercially focused Financial Controller. As an active member of the business' leadership team the Financial Controller will provide appropriate support and leadership activities of the plant as well as contributing to the development and execution of the overall business strategy and objectives.
Financial Controller duties will include:
- Responsible for month end reporting to Group including Flash and Bridge Analysis
- Responsible for a finance team of five people
- Manage the financial reports for the business in terms of KPI tracking
- Monitor on a regular basis actual, forecast and budget related data
- Oversee accounting key data for the plants
- Prepare presentations for decision making to the business Management
- Make calculations and show cost improvement potential / cost saving elements
Financial Controller Profile:
- CIMA, ACCA OR ACA Qualified
- Recent relevant experience in Manufacturing
- Ability to lead, influence and coach direct reports
- Stakeholder management and influencing
- Commercial and operational decision support
- Strong IT skills including advanced Excel
My client is seeking to recruit a Payroll Specialist on a 7-month fixed term contract. The role is part-time 16 - 20 hours.
The Payroll Specialist will process and manage the company's payroll calculating wages based on hours worked and administer payments. The goal is to ensure employees receive the correct compensation on time. Proven experience as Payroll Specialist with a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages, LOS and any other reports required for the department and or business
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Issuing tax forms (e.g. P45's, P60's)
- Collation of payroll information from relevant departments
- Check employee timesheets/clock cards, calculate overtime and holiday pay alongside any other payments due
- Process employee payroll including the calculation and processing of all relevant deductions
- Statutory calculations such us maternity pay, sick pay etc.
- Processing of pension contributions and enrolment of eligible employees into company pension scheme and pension administration
- Processing AOEs and HMRC submissions
- Inputting absence and collation of absence data
- Checking payslips and reports at payroll validation and rectifying identified issues
- Payroll reporting
- Processing of new starters and leavers
- Posting of payroll journals
- Conducting compliance checks
- Providing advice and support to employees with pay or pension queries
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
The successful Payroll Specialist will have:
- Good excel skills
- Experience of working within a payroll function
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations and their application to the payroll function
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
We are currently recruiting for the Financial Controller for a manufacturing company based in Tamworth. Part of a global group the company are specialists in their field and are undergoing several new developments. The ideal candidate will be an ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent) accountant with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for the plant finance function ensuring all statutory reporting requirements are met while providing strategic support to the business from a commercial perspective. Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be responsible for managing a small finance team.
The Financial Controller’s duties will include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparing budgets
- Financial strategic planning
- Monthly management accounts
- Business partnering
- Cost accounting
- Commercial reporting
- Leading and motivating a small finance team
- The ability to work to tight financial reporting deadlines is imperative for this role. You must be adaptable to change with excellent leadership and communication skills. My client offers an exceptional working environment and an attractive benefits package.