6 Finance & Accounting Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
The role of the Payroll Manager is to manage the UK Payroll and provide a full in house managed payroll service for all Group UK sites.
Probe Recruitment are recruiting for a Payroll Manger to work for a global business, based in Solihull. This is a market leading business that require a graduate calibre Payroll Manager with at least 5 years payroll experience.
Payroll Manager Duties
- Supervising one Payroll Specialist.
- Managing monthly processing of multi-site payroll, including, pension, benefits, PAYE, NI, court orders etc. (approx. 1000 employees)
- Ensuring systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sickness and vacation time in line with contracts.
- Critically reviewing and analysing current payroll process and procedures, recommend improvements and implement central payroll manual.
- Critically reviewing and analysing current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations and changes in UK legislation.
- Reviewing and identifying opportunities for streamlining process improvements, efficiencies, system integration and elimination of duplicate data handling.
- Partner with HR in aligning and implementing a more sophisticated payroll and flexible benefits system.
- Manage monthly preparation of relevant management reports, including monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc..)
- Act as "Super-User" for the time and attendance / payroll system providing system improvements and advice, guidance and training to other users.
- Partner with HR to provide advice and support.
- Interface with Payroll Provider, managing change requests, service provision and monthly review.
Proven track record of Payroll experience, ideally gained as a Payroll Manager or Payroll Supervisor within a multi-site manufacturing environment.
Working understanding of UK payroll legislation including HMRC requirements, PAYE tax, NI, Pensions etc.
Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance.
Extensive knowledge and practice of SAP payroll systems required.
Previous experience of ADP payroll systems.
Qualified to Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) Diploma level or working towards.
Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Excellent communication skills and highly with the ability to work to strict and challenging deadlines.
As Payroll Manager you will receive a competitive salary plus other benefits.
This Payroll Administrator will also include HR Admin Duties. The position offers a good basic salary plus a great benefits package incl; Bonus paid twice per year - based on company performance, Half day on Fridays! 31 days holiday (incl 8 Bank hols) raising to 33 after 3 years, Contributory Pension Scheme, Cash Healthcare Plan, Subsidised Canteen, Free Parking.
As the Payroll Administrator - you will be working for a Global Manufacutring Company whose product has an outstanding reputation for its quality and performance. They have maintained this reputation for over 100 years!
As the Payroll Administrator, your duties will include:
- Processing monthly payroll from start to finish for approx. 400 staff
- Processing statutory payments for sickness, maternity, Tax and NI
- Process starters and leavers
- Processing P45’s, P46’s P60’s and P11d’s
- Using Excel to produce spreadsheets, reports, graphs and statistics
- Dealing with all payroll queries and resolving issues
- Also supporting the HR function with HR admin duties
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Previous experience as a Payroll Administrator
- Experience of processing the whole payroll function from start to finish
- Extensive Experience of Excel is essential
- Knowledge of Pegasus is also required
- Strong organizational skills are essential
- Experience of a fast pace environment is advantageous
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- HR Admin experience as well as Payroll
Benefits package for the Payroll Administrator:
- Bonus paid twice per year – based on company performance
- Half day on Fridays!
- 31 days holiday (incl 8 Bank hols) raising to 33 after 3 years
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Cash Healthcare Plan
- Subsidised Canteen
- Free Parking
Probe Recruitment currently recruiting for a Management Accountant, on a permanent basis within the North Birmingham area for a leading Global Business. The salary for this position is up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience. The ideal candidate will be AAT or ACCA qualified with experience gained within a manufacturing organisation.
Requirements of the Management Accountant:
- Carry out Monthly Management accounts Preparation & Review
- Handle Monthly Management reporting, Commentaries & KPI’s
- Deal with Annual Budget & Forecast implementation & Review
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations & Review
- Ad-hoc projects to implement continuous improvement in efficiencies
- Liaison with external Auditors and Year End audit
- Provide financial support and analysis covering all aspects to drive financial performance and control from P&L to cash flow
- Review and distribute management accounts and month-end reports
- Liaison with all accounting departments and with the purchasing department, logistics and controlling functions
- Assist to prepare business plans, budgets and forecasts within the prescribed timetables
- Production and distribution of regular flash reports to monitor progress against billing and cash collection targets
- Monitoring of overhead expenditure against budget (e.g. travel, accommodation, entertaining, training, disbursements etc.)
Management Accountant Competencies:
- Good interpersonal skills and a strong sense of confidentiality
- Knowledge of SAP an advantage
- Knowledge of French or Spanish in addition to fluent English as an advantage.
This division of a global business is looking to recruit an experienced Trade Compliance Specialist to ensure its UK and continental Europe locations are in full compliance with the import and export laws of the countries where they do business. Compliance with trade regulations will be achieved through a centralized process of classification, certification and verification of import/export activities.
The European Trade Compliance Specialist will ensure all European operations are fully compliant with import and export regulations for the EU countries where they do business. As part of their role they will:
- Design, implement and manage a robust customs compliance program for the European locations including completion of company’s Audit and Self-Assessment Program. Define responsibility for completion of activities for the European locations as it relates to EUROPEAN law and develop and define processes to perform these activities.
- Design and implement an ongoing training program on import/export awareness for European personnel, focusing on product and non-product issues and the regulations around common commodities, including, but not limited to AEO, ITAR, Routed Transactions and TOSCA.
- The European Trade Compliance Specialist will lead the implementation of the new AEO and maintain IPR certifications, UK and EU licenses, acts as a liaison with government agencies (ex ECO, HMRC, etc.) as it relates to customs matters.
- Effectively communicates and partners with all locations to review new and existing product and non-product transactions to identify the most efficient and effective flow paths and methods of moving material.
- Prioritizes resolution of risks and opportunities to minimize risk.
- Coordinate with the divisional Global Trade Compliance team to develop and maintain a Division wide import/export matrix to include classifications, license requirements and shipment restrictions.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for import and export activities in the areas of Compliance and Record keeping.
- Represent the business in dealings with customers, suppliers and governmental agencies.
- Functions as an Expert resource to divisional shipping locations in the area of import/export transactions, policies and procedures.
- Conducts periodic formal assessments of the EU and UK facilities of the Division to ensure that policies and procedures are properly followed and that all activities and transactions are in compliance with the appropriate import/export laws. Reports to Management on issues and opportunities and recommends solutions and project plans.
- Proactively work with the International Transportation Department, Corporate Compliance Personnel, BU Compliance Personnel and Customs Brokers to ensure an efficient and effective process for import/export activities. Continually analyse processes and procedures for opportunities to eliminate waste, streamline for efficiency, and utilization of emerging tools and technologies with a focus on customer satisfaction and cost containment while ensuring compliance with regulations. Gain expert understanding of business’s intermediary and anticorruption process and determine and manage intermediary relationships as deemed necessary.
- Effectively coordinate and collaborate import/export resources across all European locations to share best practices.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding mediating, negotiating and influencing skills,
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Background in International Transportation/Logistics/Customs Compliance/import/export regulations required
- European/UK Customs certification
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and motivate
- Professional degree in Business or technical field or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within a multi-site international manufacturing environment.
Probe Recruitment are supporting a Manufacturing organisation in Lichfield who are looking for an Assistant Plant Controller with responsibility for controlling all plant costs and internal controls, compiling the annual budgets/forecasts and ensuring that all statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Control of Plant Direct Margin Costs: Control all direct margin costs at part level.
- Change Control: Review and approval of sales price, BOM and standard costs changes. Develop reporting systems to communicate impact of changes
- Standard Costs: Set up and maintain standard costing for existing parts. Develop reporting systems to communicate financial margins at part, commodity and vehicle level
- New vehicle projects: Review new program costs down to EBITDA level. Ensure integrity between programs reported profits and plant level profitability. Develop reporting systems to communicate profitability status at program milestones.
- Launch costs: Control and report all plant launch costs. Work with launch team to prepare annual launch forecast
- Monthly forecasting: Support Plant Controller during monthly forecasting process.
- P&L responsibility: Full responsibility for specific P&L lines.
- Month End procedures: Journal preparation, P&L and Balance Sheet analysis during 3 day close. Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Corporate reporting: Complete monthly direct margin report for monthly management information pack including commentary. Support Plant Controller on other reports required for monthly management pack.
If you are looking for a job as a Payroll Administrator, where your hard work will be appreciated, and you’ll be working within a lovely, supportive team within an International Manufacturing Company who are going from strength - then please read on!......
As the Payroll Administrator, you will play a key role within a super finance team, for an International Manufacturing business. This Family business has continued growth year on year, their employees are proud to be part of such a great organisation and have a huge amount of job satisfaction.
Payroll Administrator - Duties include:
- Taking responsibility for the weekly payroll
- Checking clock cards received each week;
- Liaising with production managers/supervisors on payroll matters;
- Entering hours on the timesheet database and importing to the Sage system;
- Processing payroll starters and leavers;
- Producing weekly payroll reports, BACS files and printing payslips;
- Prepare weekly wages journal and update holiday and sickness spreadsheets;
Also Credit Control duties:
- Posting cash to customer accounts on the account system;
- Chase and manage overdue payments by telephone, email and placing accounts on hold;
- Send out monthly statements;
- Perform end of month closure of the sales ledger and issue sales reports;
- Liaise with General Managers and the Divisional Accountant regarding possible bad debts and invoice disputes;
- Carry out credit checks on new customers and manage proforma customers;
- Refer Problem debts to a debt recovery service;
- Help at year end with administration duties, such as photocopying, and preparing bad debt and credit note provisions;
- Help with Purchase Ledger tasks at holiday periods or busy times of the year;
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have Experience as a Payroll Administrator AND:
- Either a book keeping qualification (i.e. Finance or Accounting Degree) or several years’ experience within a similar role.
- Sage payroll experience essential;
- Experience with Pegasus Opera favourable, but not essential;
- Confident user of excel;
- Experience of Credit control too would be an advantage
- You must be comfortable working in a team but also on your own
Benefits package as the Payroll Administrator:
- 30 days holiday (Incl. Stats)
- Working for an International Organisation who are going from strength to strength and who respect its workforce!
This is a great opportunity!