20 Finance & Accounting Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Assistant Financial Controller
This is an ideal opportunity for ambitious qualified accountant to join a global manufacturing business as Assistant Financial Controller.
As Assistant Financial Controller you will report directly to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for ensuring appropriate financial controls are applied throughout the business and all reporting requirements are met.
You will be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller with the accounting operations of the company. The purpose of this role is to manage the day to day activities of the accounting functions within Tamworth to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results are produced on time.
Key Responsibilities of an Assistant Financial Controller:
· Prepare and submit periodic financial statements and reports to the US parent within the set deadlines
· Prepare annual business plans and monthly re-forecasts
· Oversee provision of any financial information for any other stakeholders
· Manage financial and legal compliance
· Assist in the management of the annual statutory audit and statutory accounts preparation
· Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances
· Review procedures and controls and assist in assessing any efficiency proposals
· Ensure SOX compliance
· Using the financial control framework, ensure compliance with the parent company's policies and procedures
· Assist in the management of the internal audit testing & reporting and manage a range of admin and compliance issues
· Develop information from the new SAP ERP system
· Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of relevant company taxes
· Assist in annual stock take
· Help in the day to day management of a small finance team
· Deputise for the Financial Controller
· Carry out any additional reasonable requests made by the business within the individual's capabilities and possessing the necessary experience and training
· Cost Accounting experience advantageous
The ideal Assistant Financial Controller will have/be:
• Professionally qualified - ACCA, CIMA, or ACA
• Practical skills experience within a manufacturing business or audit firm, possessing 1-2 years PQE
• SAP experience
· Good understanding of business and financial issues
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
An excellent opportunity exists for a finance analyst within Grantham Finance team of a global business.
The Financial Analyst's duties will will role will include financial close, reporting, analysis and planning work, as well as interaction with business managers across the EMEA region acting as their finance support for all matters.
Main Financial Analyst Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Financial Close - ensuring correct recording for the P&L and Balance Sheet accounts for the period, understanding key variances to budget, latest forecast and prior periods.
- Financial Reporting to include Management Accounts & Dashboard showing KPIs for issuance to the business managers across EMEA
- Financial Planning - Working with budget holders to prepare budgets on an annual basis and subsequent interim forecasts throughout the year.
- Compliance - To perform audit testing and provide ongoing support to the business in ensuring compliance within the service business, with a focus on the key area’s of stock control and revenue recognition.
- Acting as Business Partner to business managers to assist with understanding of the Reports & Dashboards
- Ad hoc duties, including systems training and support to service personnel
Financial Analyst Specification
Education/Skills Experience and Personal Attributes:
- previous experience as Financial Analyst, Assistant Accounatnt or similar.
- Part- Qualified Accountant or AAT level qualified or equivalent - or Qualified by experience
- Highly confident user of Excel
- Possess good numerical, accuracy and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines during busy periods
- Sage or similar ERP experience
- Experience of Stock/Inventory valuation and reconciliation
A leading global business is recruiting a ambitious part qualified accountant to join its finance team as a Assistant Management Accountant.
Working as part of the Finance team, the Assistant Management Accountant would be providing a service to all internal departments across the UK & Ireland business Units; working closely with existing Management Accountants to ensure all General Ledgers are accurate at all times, and all reporting deadlines are achieved, whilst demonstrating excellent reconciliation and analytical aptitude, supported by great excel skills.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Management Accountant:
• Day to day responsibility of the validation and integrity of the General Ledger.
• An integral part of preparing the month end journals and analysis, adhering to strict deadlines for reporting schedules.
• Prepare analysis and enter journals onto Microsoft Dynamics AX/Sage for routine transactions, to include, but not limited to, sales and purchase reserves (in accordance with revenue recognition policies), company credit cards and depreciation.
• Assist in the preparation of schedules and journals for all global contract sales and purchase reserves to ensure revenue is recorded correctly by each country.
• Enter any other journals as requested by UK F.C and Management Accountants.
• Assist in the running of monthly commission reports when required, and produce schedule of payments to be incorporated into Payroll, for sign off by UK F.C.
• Prepare monthly overtime accruals from the information provided by the payroll administrator.
• Assist in the preparation of inventory analysis and schedules between customer owned and bill and hold. Ensure all goods received but not booked into stock are correctly recorded.
• Help prepare & reconcile all control accounts monthly.
• Help prepare & reconcile balance sheet reconciliations on at least a quarterly basis.
• Assist in the calculation of monthly retrospective discount from suppliers, for review by finance management, liaise with procurement to ensure claim is maximised.
In addition to genuine opportunities for career progression the Assistant Management Accountant will enjoy excellent benefits.
Are you looking for an exciting and busy role with a great company with a great benefits package?
A successful, rapidly growing company based in Solihull are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to assist the Purchase Ledger Manager and the team on a permanent basis.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has gained experience within Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable to join this fast paced, dynamic team.
As a Purchase Ledger Clerk you will carry out various tasks;
- Full Purchase Ledger cycle from receipt of invoice through to supplier payment
- Resolving queries through emails and calls
- Liaising with suppliers
- BACS payments
- Completing supplier statement reconciliations
- Staff expenses
- Previous experience within a Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable role.
- Working knowledge of using Excel, AX Dynamics or Sage.
- Enjoy working in an open plan office environment.
- Looking to be a part of a friendly team.
- A "Can do" attitude.
You will be a good team player and communicator, with numerical skills, including confidence with Excel. Proactive and focused, you will have an eye for detail as well as the ability to multi-task.
This is an immediate opportunity so please apply NOW!
Probe Recruitment currently recruiting for a Management Accountant, on a permanent basis within the North Birmingham area for a leading Global Business. The salary for this position is up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience. The ideal candidate will be AAT or ACCA qualified with experience gained within a manufacturing organisation.
Requirements of the Management Accountant:
- Carry out Monthly Management accounts Preparation & Review
- Handle Monthly Management reporting, Commentaries & KPI’s
- Deal with Annual Budget & Forecast implementation & Review
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations & Review
- Ad-hoc projects to implement continuous improvement in efficiencies
- Liaison with external Auditors and Year End audit
- Provide financial support and analysis covering all aspects to drive financial performance and control from P&L to cash flow
- Review and distribute management accounts and month-end reports
- Liaison with all accounting departments and with the purchasing department, logistics and controlling functions
- Assist to prepare business plans, budgets and forecasts within the prescribed timetables
- Production and distribution of regular flash reports to monitor progress against billing and cash collection targets
- Monitoring of overhead expenditure against budget (e.g. travel, accommodation, entertaining, training, disbursements etc.)
Management Accountant Competencies:
- Good interpersonal skills and a strong sense of confidentiality
- Knowledge of SAP an advantage
- Knowledge of French or Spanish in addition to fluent English as an advantage.
This Accounts Assistant role offers a great basic salary with outstanding benefits, incl; a non-contractual bonus (potentially over £1000 per year!) Free parking, free refreshments, up to 35 days holiday (incl BH’s) Pension, Plus! Do you have experience in an accounts role and looking to develop your accounts career? Or do you have extensive accounts experience, had a short break now looking to return to an accounts role? Then Read on!
As the Accounts Assistant - you will be working for an Independent Manufacturing Specialist who has a portfolio of companies and a Global presence in over 60 Countries! They are based in Trafford Park Manchester (just west of the city) and have been established for over 100 years! Their workforce is proud of who they work for and are a very hard-working team.
An Independent Manufacturing Specialist who has a portfolio of companies and a Global presence in over 60 Countries. They are based in Trafford Park Manchester and have been established for over 100 years.
As the Accounts Assistant Your duties will include:
- Invoice processing support to the purchase ledger Clerk
- Process daily cashbook entries with reference to Bank statements
- Provide holiday cover for credit control
- Weekly bank reconciliation
- Provide support to the shipping process as required
- Liaising with other depts chasing invoice sign off
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Solid Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable experience
- Strong Accounts Assistant experience within a busy Accounts Dept
- Previous Credit Control Experience
- Experience with Excel and ERP systems
- Multi-Currency Accounting; EUR, USD, INR
- AAT is a benefit but not essential
Outstanding Benefits package for the Accounts Assistant includes:
- Up to 35 Days holiday per year (incl BH’s)
- Bonus investment Scheme
- Non-Contractual Bonus (Potentially over £1000 per year!)
- Pension scheme
- Free Parking
- Free Vending Machine
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
This Purchase Ledger role offers a great basic salary plus benefits. This is a 12-month contract, covering maternity leave. So, there could be a chance that it could turn into permanent job! Do you have experience as a Purchase Ledger Clerk or accounts payable clerk and want to focus purely on these skills, working with a great team? Then read on!
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk - you will be working for a Global Engineering company, serving a wide variety of business sectors World Wide! They are based in Staffordshire and have been established for over 30 years!
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk your duties will include:
- Processing of Purchase orders and invoices – timely and accurately
- Prep of Weekly AP runs
- Posting to accounts in multiple currencies
- Weekly review and reporting of GRNI
- Managing the month end close on Purchase Ledger
- External and intercompany reconciliation and reporting
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Solid experience as Purchase Ledger Clerk or Accounts Payable Clerk
- Experience with Excel and ERP systems
- Multi-Currency Accounting
- Project Costing experience would be very advantageous
Benefits package for the Purchase Ledger Clerk includes:
- Up to 30 Days holiday per year (incl BH’s)
- Pension scheme
- Free Parking
This division of a global business is looking to recruit an experienced Trade Compliance Specialist to ensure its UK and continental Europe locations are in full compliance with the import and export laws of the countries where they do business. Compliance with trade regulations will be achieved through a centralized process of classification, certification and verification of import/export activities.
The European Trade Compliance Specialist will ensure all European operations are fully compliant with import and export regulations for the EU countries where they do business. As part of their role they will:
- Design, implement and manage a robust customs compliance program for the European locations including completion of company’s Audit and Self-Assessment Program. Define responsibility for completion of activities for the European locations as it relates to EUROPEAN law and develop and define processes to perform these activities.
- Design and implement an ongoing training program on import/export awareness for European personnel, focusing on product and non-product issues and the regulations around common commodities, including, but not limited to AEO, ITAR, Routed Transactions and TOSCA.
- The European Trade Compliance Specialist will lead the implementation of the new AEO and maintain IPR certifications, UK and EU licenses, acts as a liaison with government agencies (ex ECO, HMRC, etc.) as it relates to customs matters.
- Effectively communicates and partners with all locations to review new and existing product and non-product transactions to identify the most efficient and effective flow paths and methods of moving material.
- Prioritizes resolution of risks and opportunities to minimize risk.
- Coordinate with the divisional Global Trade Compliance team to develop and maintain a Division wide import/export matrix to include classifications, license requirements and shipment restrictions.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for import and export activities in the areas of Compliance and Record keeping.
- Represent the business in dealings with customers, suppliers and governmental agencies.
- Functions as an Expert resource to divisional shipping locations in the area of import/export transactions, policies and procedures.
- Conducts periodic formal assessments of the EU and UK facilities of the Division to ensure that policies and procedures are properly followed and that all activities and transactions are in compliance with the appropriate import/export laws. Reports to Management on issues and opportunities and recommends solutions and project plans.
- Proactively work with the International Transportation Department, Corporate Compliance Personnel, BU Compliance Personnel and Customs Brokers to ensure an efficient and effective process for import/export activities. Continually analyse processes and procedures for opportunities to eliminate waste, streamline for efficiency, and utilization of emerging tools and technologies with a focus on customer satisfaction and cost containment while ensuring compliance with regulations. Gain expert understanding of business’s intermediary and anticorruption process and determine and manage intermediary relationships as deemed necessary.
- Effectively coordinate and collaborate import/export resources across all European locations to share best practices.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding mediating, negotiating and influencing skills,
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Background in International Transportation/Logistics/Customs Compliance/import/export regulations required
- European/UK Customs certification
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and motivate
- Professional degree in Business or technical field or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within a multi-site international manufacturing environment.
This is a super Accounts Assistant position! If you are looking for a role where your hard work will be appreciated, and you will be working within a supportive team within an International Company who are going from strength - then please read on!......
My client is looking to appoint an Accounts Assistant, who will play a key role in finance team, of their Engineering business.
This Family owned business has continued growth year on year, their employees are proud to be part of such a great organisation and have a huge amount of job satisfaction.
As the Accounts Assistant you will report directly to the Company Secretary. You must be comfortable working in a team but also on your own. The main focus of this role will be inputting data into Sage Line 50 Accounts Professional and producing monthly management accounts reports.
You will either have a book keeping qualification or several years’ experience as an Accounts Assistant.
Accounts Assistant - Duties include:
- Maintaining Sales and Purchase Daybooks in Excel, inputting sales and purchase invoices into Sage Accounts and balancing daybooks.
- Ensuring that all sales invoice numbers are accounted for.
- Maintaining Cashbook in Excel particularly relating to credit card sales.
- Allocating customer receipts and supplier payments within the Sage Accounting package.
- Maintaining Petty Cash Book, including income from cash sales and posting to Sage.
- Ensuring entries have the correct VAT code, monthly balancing of VAT, preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns and payments to HMRC.
- Preparing and producing monthly management accounts to provide information for management.
- Producing monthly Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors reports, investigating anomalies and correcting.
- Completing month end reconciliations relating to bank accounts, customers and suppliers.
- Managing Year End procedures and producing Year End accounts.
- Producing monthly payroll using Sage including posting journals, HMRC returns and auto-enrolment.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
- Introducing control systems within the accounting function as the company develops.
- Ad hoc accounting and administration duties as required.
- Booking keeping qualifications or experience in a similar position
- Sage / Sage line 50 experience
- Confident user of excel;
- Confident in the use of word
This is a super opportunity for someone who wants to get established with a global organisation and increase hours as the job develop.
This is a super opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Assistant. This is a 3 – 4 month contract to cover the teams Summer Holiday period.
It is a part time role – 2.5 days per week.
You will be the Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Assistant for a great Finance Team. They are very hard working but very supportive too. The organisation is a global Automotive, Manufacturing business, a genuine leader in their field. Their staff are proud to be part of the business which makes it a great place to work!
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Assistant will report to the Financial Controller, and work in a small team. You need to be happy to help out where necessary and will need to be a good team player. You will also need to be confident and happy to chase Purchase Ledger Queries with other members of the company when required.
You will have previous experience as a Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Assistant and so understand that you will be working to deadlines, as will the rest of the team but you will always be supported.
If you have experience of SAP – you will be a huge helping hand to my client, however this is not essential, they are more than happy to “show you the ropes” – so you could be gaining valuable experience in this role, gaining new skills which is always good news!
- Purchase Ledger
- Accounts Analysis
- Department Admin
- Telephone Cover
- MS Office incl Excel
- Good Spreadsheet Skills
- Attention to detail
- Good analysis skills
- Team Player
- Knowledge of SAP advantageous
This is a super opportunity if you are looking for a part time temporary post as a Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Assistant.
Probe Recruitment are supporting a Manufacturing organisation in Lichfield who are looking for an Assistant Plant Controller with responsibility for controlling all plant costs and internal controls, compiling the annual budgets/forecasts and ensuring that all statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Control of Plant Direct Margin Costs: Control all direct margin costs at part level.
- Change Control: Review and approval of sales price, BOM and standard costs changes. Develop reporting systems to communicate impact of changes
- Standard Costs: Set up and maintain standard costing for existing parts. Develop reporting systems to communicate financial margins at part, commodity and vehicle level
- New vehicle projects: Review new program costs down to EBITDA level. Ensure integrity between programs reported profits and plant level profitability. Develop reporting systems to communicate profitability status at program milestones.
- Launch costs: Control and report all plant launch costs. Work with launch team to prepare annual launch forecast
- Monthly forecasting: Support Plant Controller during monthly forecasting process.
- P&L responsibility: Full responsibility for specific P&L lines.
- Month End procedures: Journal preparation, P&L and Balance Sheet analysis during 3 day close. Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Corporate reporting: Complete monthly direct margin report for monthly management information pack including commentary. Support Plant Controller on other reports required for monthly management pack.
Market leading business requires a an experienced purchase ledger clerk to join them on a temporary basis.
- Posting of purchase invoices, credit card transactions and expense claims to Navision
- Reconciling purchase ledger accounts to statements
- Setting up payments to online banking platform
- Settling invoice queries and supplier negotiations
- Daily posting of bank transactions to Microsoft Navision
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Recording and accounting for petty cash
- Summarising and submission of daily sales to Invoice finance
- Weekly/monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- EC Sales submission to HMRC
- Ad-hoc duties to assist the team and organisation
- Strong communication skills
- IT literate to include Microsoft Office programmes
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative
- Experience of working within a finance environment essential