26 Design/R&D/FEA Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
This is a family business where changing people’s lives through the products that they design, manufacture and install is a daily occurrence. With 35 years’ experience under their belt, they are a leading provider in the UK, a market leader in Europe and have a presence in many other countries worldwide.
Based at their ISO9001 accredited, purpose-built manufacturing facility in Derbyshire, they believe the future success and growth of their business is inextricably linked to the introduction of innovative, high quality solutions.
Building on an impressive history, they are continuing their successful growth strategy with the recruitment of a UK Sales Team Manager.
Salary and Benefits:
- Company Car
- 31 Days Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Reporting to the Head of UK Sales and Customer Engagement, the UK Sales Team Manager will be responsible for managing the internal telesales and external sales teams. Leading the field-based team and managing the Office Sales Manager to create a streamlined customer centric sales experience.
- Providing strong leadership with a high focus on delivering great customer service and the achievement of maximum profitability and growth, in line with the company vision and values. Managing change and strategies to nurture and grow the customer base whilst maintaining a well-functioning and collaborative team.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic sales plan across the field and office teams for the B2C division
- Generate sustainable sales growth against set company targets. Responsible for the recruitment, induction and development of the Field Sales Team and the Sales Office Manager
- Carry out quarterly visits to each Regional Assessment Specialist delivering training, development, coaching and support (2 per month). Support the Sales Office Manager through regular coaching and mentoring
- Ensure all performance management targets (KPIs, Operational Standards) are met across the B2C team
- Monitor & develop the technical capabilities of the Field Sales Team to improve customer satisfaction and efficiencies
- Work closely with Marketing to increase enquiries and the conversion rate of enquiry to sale, effective target setting with close analytical reporting for all team members
- Create a cohesive one team approach through regular communication and meetings, monthly reporting to outline results and highlight opportunities and issues
- You must have a consultative / home assessment / home-based sales, B2C type background or management experience of a consultative sales team
- The Sales Team Manager will have a proven background in the management of internal & external sales teams and the development of their overall performance
- A motivational leader, not just a manager, with experience in recruiting, leading, coaching and performance managing field and office sales teams; preferably in a service provision industry sector
- You will have a formal educational background, be that a degree or further learning, understanding the difference between management and leadership and possess excellent communication skills – both formal and informal, with Employees, Management and Customers
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Newark
This is the opportunity for a Design Engineer to join a leading, family run business, who have crafted a diverse range of high-quality products for over 30 years.
Customer satisfaction and offering products at the right price is key to what they do, with an ever-increasing number of customers actively recommending the business.
Due to continued growth and an influx of project work, they are looking to expand their R&D team. This is a key role in their next step in expanding their manufacturing business and a great opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast paced and progressive company.
Salary and Hours:
- Salary £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience
- Hours - Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm
- Working alongside the Design team and liaising closely with Senior Design Engineers and the Managing Director, the Design Engineer will be involved in the whole design process
- Modifying components and being a pivotal part of the Design team, the Design Engineer will have free reign in the design department
- Beyond the initial learning curve, there will be extensive conceptual design of the company's manufacturing processes
- The Design Engineer will be fluent in Solidworks, other 3D CAD experience will be considered
- Strong mechanical background
- Experience with sheet metal, fabrications or structural metal design
- The right attitude, approach and desire to do things the right way
Commutable from Coventry, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Banbury, Nuneaton, Corby, Northampton
Based in Northamptonshire, our client is a leading-edge engineering SME company that specialises in the manufacture of materials processing equipment and energy from waste power generation. As a highly innovative and progressive design and manufacturing company, it prides itself on developing advanced engineering solutions within the sustainable energy, energy from waste and the design and manufacture of waste materials processing equipment.
Founded over 35 years ago and still privately owned, our client’s engineering innovation has always been a fundamental part of their business. This has helped it to establish itself as a major player in its areas of expertise, namely:
o Design and manufacture of equipment for the food and rendering industry
o Processing waste into energy
o Renewable energy production
Mechanical Design Engineer Salary:
- £32,000 - £40,000 Dependent on Experience
- Health Plan
The Mechanical Design Engineer is a key role and will be accountable for ensuring the design and implementation of client projects for specialised processing and management of waste equipment, as well as providing engineering support to the on-site power plant equipment.
You will operate within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the successful implementation of detailed designs meets the highest standards of safety and regulatory compliance.
Mechanical Design Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Design and development of new project designs for external clients from conception through to successful completion. Additionally, contributing to internal projects for optimising waste energy performance relating to the on-site energy from waste power plant.
- Excellent design analysis, with the ability to work from first principles, translating design concepts into 3D CAD models (AutoCAD Inventor), ensuring full alignment with customer requirements.
- Liaising with design draughtsman for 2D drawing production, and equally producing 2D drawings when required.
- Working proactively with senior colleagues and liaising with manufacturing to ensure strict compliance to quality and design standards.
- Good communication with all stakeholders ensuring full compliance to designs and budgets.
- Identify and provide solutions that meet the highest levels of Health & Safety, Quality and Regulatory standards.
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with a good knowledge of design of mechanical machinery and a good appreciation of:
- Mechanical equipment
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Pressure containing equipment
- Piping layouts
- General steel structures.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate experience in these key areas.
As important is the ability to be a quick learner and the ability to analysis problems using engineering principals to perform basic calculations. Furthermore, you must have the ability to communicate initial design ideas and interpret engineering drawings to a high standard. A professionally qualified Mechanical Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma would be advantageous coupled with five years’ experience in a related field.
The following key attributes are also essential:
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining CAD models and files (AutoCAD, Inventor)
- A hands-on approach, with the ability to liaise with workshop personnel in a manufacturing environment.
- A solid technical understanding of common computer operating systems and proficient use of MS Office applications
- A strong desire to work within a dynamic environment with exposure to a wide variety of projects and the chance to develop your career and broaden your skills and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Commutable from Northampton, Wellingborough, Kettering, Bedford, Milton Keynes
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Design Manager to join this exciting business that is being considered for Best Employer in the Norfolk Business Awards 2019
The Design Manager reports to the Director/Owner and Founder and takes responsibility for the small and talented design team of four, to achieve amazing things.
This is a concept to production role - they don't just design it they make it too. You will be expected to support, mentor and guide their designers to ensure that products are costed, designed and created in the most efficient and cost-effective way to meet customers’ expectations.
Package and Benefits:
• £40,000 - £45,000 Dependent on Experience
• 33 days holiday
• Your birthday off
• Free parking
• Plus, several other employee benefits
Design Manager Key Responsibilities:
To design and develop designs from design briefs supplied by customers/sales staff covering:
- Innovative conceptual thinking / ideas
- R&D of ideas for new products
- R&D of systems and methods of production
- Liaising closely will sales staff to understand and develop ideas
- Direct contact with customers
- Initial concepts / sketches
- Initial design drawings for costing purposes
- Produce 3D visuals and presentation documents
- Overseeing production of prototypes
- Value engineering of designs
To specify materials, fixings and construction methods and setting appropriate standards for these including:
- Working closely with approved suppliers to specify/understand production methods
- Understand material limitations and correct use
- An understanding of cost management
To work with team to compile quotes including:
- Producing and sending drawings direct to approved suppliers
- Requesting costs direct from approved suppliers
- Compiling costs and completing costing’s documents
- Ensuring sound cost management principles are applied
To manage, organise and assist with any prototyping process for new products including:
- Organise prototypes with suppliers
- Liaise with production staff on assembly methods
- Review and make changes as required
Design Manager Person Specification:
- This is a hugely varied role and pressured at times. You must be commercially astute and a strong leader; skilled at building relationships with a full concept to production skill set.
- The Design Manager will have around 10 years design experience with proven managerial skills. You will be familiar with a variety of production techniques as well as 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks
Commutable from Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Wisbech, Kings Lynn, Wymondham
CAD / Design Engineer – HVAC Systems
We are seeking a Design / CAD Engineer to join a Systems Team in the Midlands area, who are tasked with HVAC Design projects directly for customers.
The company provides a wide range of services and systems, especially Air Conditioning and Cooling Systems.
- The right candidate for this role will have at least 18 months experience working within HVAC and Cooling System Design with 2D and 3D CAD
- A formal qualification in engineering HNC or above
- Good CAD skills (AutoCAD)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- A good general knowledge of engineering principles.
- Exposure of designing to specification and with various materials.
- Good Project Engineering abilities (Self-manage own projects in regards, timing and costs)
- Have had exposure of Design for manufacture, site layout design and specification experience.
For more information please send your CV ASAP.
Our client is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join the existing team to support with much of the Electrical AutoCAD work, alongside four other team members.
You will be supporting a specific project for a new test facility, for which allowance has been made up to March 2020. The bulk of the CAD work will be carried out by another employee; however, this contractor will need to be more of a decision maker, someone who can make suitable suggestions and add more to the design philosophy behind the project.
- The role is primarily focused on working as part of a small team of Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and software Engineers to develop turbocharger performance testing facilities located within clients testing laboratory.
- The scope of the design skill required, includes the design of low voltage control systems (up to 400VAC), safety PLC integration and programming, distributed instrumentation and control design, using a mixture of analogue, digital and bus-based protocols.
- The individual must have strong communication and teamwork skills, working with the design team to define scope of works/specifications, design solutions, procure components and assemble/test in alignment with business needs.
- Working within a highly experienced team of Engineers the successful candidate must cooperate and take guidance from those around them whilst challenging capabilities to ensure continuous improvement.
- Experienced Electrical / Electronic Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing. Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
- A proficiency using AutoCAD Electrical is essential. You’ll use this for producing schematics, layout drawings, BOMS, wiring schedules and supporting documentation, using the agreed company standards.
- Liaising with panel and enclosure build technicians (in house) to ensure a consistent build process. Devising, documenting and carrying out subsystem testing prior to full system assembly in the test facility.
- Developing innovative solutions to potentially complex measurement or control problems. Carrying out DFMEA or similar assessments as part of a team to ensure designs meet functional and safety requirements.
- Working with the team and project leader to agree time / resource plans, consideration given to scope of work and project risk. Reporting of progress vs plan and developing mitigation plans as necessary.
- Knowledge of the following standards and technologies would be highly beneficial; Machinery directive and associated BS-EN standards to compliance, Allen Bradley RSLogix/Studio 5000 programming and hardware design for safety PLCs, Common industrial protocol for Allen Bradley PLC, Modbus sensors and control elements
- Distributed I/O systems, Allen Bradley / Rockwell VFDs for typical 5kW machinery, ABB VFDs for typical 5kW machinery, Eurotherm and EPACK controllers and iTools software
- College/University Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required. Electrical or Electronics Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree highly desirable.
- Electrical qualification for LV design work, i.e. 17th Edition wiring regulations.
- £30.00 - £32.00 per hour
- Initial 6-month contract, with a possibility of an extension
For over 60 years, this business has been constantly evolving their product portfolio to meet the demands and ever-changing needs for some of the world’s largest industries.
From the design of their first ever product, the business has sustained manufacturing excellence, setting the industry standard for the turbomachinery market.
Today they operate from a purpose built, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Northampton, where they routinely design and develop system solutions for bespoke applications.
An experienced CAD Design Engineer is required to study, research and develop ideas for new products and the methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of bespoke rotating machinery, couplings and test beds that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, whilst ensuring the design is as cost effective and efficient as possible, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- Brainstorming design solutions
- Studying a design brief and researching whether it will work and be cost-effective
- Performing initial sizing calculations
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create viable solutions
- Conducting and documenting formal design reviews
- Producing detailed manufacturing drawings and B.O.M.
- Creating the inspection and test schedule
- A 2.1 degree or HND in a relevant engineering discipline
- 3D CAD / 2D CAD experience and abilities
- A creative flair and design ability with strong visual and spatial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to spot potential errors
- Strong maths and IT skills
- Problem solver, self-starter and multi-tasker with good team working mentality
- Strong written and oral communication
- Proven time management and procedural abilities
Package, Benefits and Hours:
- Salary £35,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience
- Excellent contractual benefits package to include contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance, together with a non-contractual annual profit share bonus
- 33 days holiday
- 37 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 08:30am - 17:15pm, Fridays 08:30am - 12:30pm
Commutable from Northampton, Leicester, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Banbury
This vacancy has arisen within this businesses R&D department for an experienced Product Engineer, providing life-cycle support of existing products.
The main function of the role is to evaluate and implement design change requests, looking at how to make them more efficient, re-drawing AutoCAD designs in Solidworks.
This is a great opportunity within clients centre of excellence, which is privately owned, with operations in 20 countries.
They currently have a number of patents, world firsts and are committed to continuous product development on a concurrent engineering basis.
- Preparing, maintaining and revision control of 3D CAD models, drawings and BOM’s using SolidWorks and Keytech PLM software
- Updating and correcting CAD modelling errors in legacy SolidWorks Drawings, Parts and Assemblies, Re-drawing legacy AutoCAD designs in SolidWorks
- Provide CAD draughting support to Research and Development Engineers
- Work closely with and support other departments (Production, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Quality) and suppliers to improve existing designs with respect to design for manufacture and assembly
- Provide assistance to other departments and suppliers to help solve technical problems during manufacture and assembly
- Oversee validation testing required during the design change process and summarise results in a technical report, provide input to new product development based on experience of existing products
- Performance of other tasks as detailed by the Development Manager - Mechanical and/or the Technical Director.
- HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical and/or Production Engineering or related subject or relevant experience in lieu
- Excellent practical experience in 3D CAD is essential, preferably using SolidWorks
- Experience in PLM Systems and document revision control
- Familiar with the principles of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience in a product development and product manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of special materials such as austenitic and Duplex stainless steels, hastelloy, titanium, tantalum etc. would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of permanent joining methods such as welding, brazing, adhesive bonding etc and knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, injection moulding, machining, fabrication, forming etc.
Salary / Package:
- Bonus £5,000 per year
- Free life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Possible relocation assistance
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Leicester, Peterborough, Rugby, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Banbury, Market Harborough, St Neots
This business has 80 plus years of experience, specialising in the manufacturing of robust and reliable world-class handling equipment, exporting across the globe. Their range covers single machines up to full bespoke systems.
The company’s portfolio and capabilities have expanded significantly since they were established, with further major developments taking place.
- You will be producing high quality production drawings for both in-house and sub-contract manufacture, as well as updating and improving current designs for existing equipment
- The role includes liaison with the company’s sales team and customer base to finalise specifications
- 3D design proficiency is essential, preferably Solidworks
- You will have experience of machinery design / food processing equipment design
- A keen eye for detail
- An awareness of manufacturing implications and costs
- Excellent communication skills
- £25,000 - £32,000
Commutable from Boston, Skegness, Coningsby, Lincoln
The business is an SME, with 150 employees and 60 years of manufacturing heritage. They have a global supply chain and export over 30% of their product to a world-wide network of customers. The operation consists of a fabrication facility, assembly area, large yard, logistics area and finished goods stores with the majority of product designed and manufactured by the company at their UK site.
This is a company and role that offers realistic opportunities for career progression and development, being at the forefront of their industry and market leaders within it.
The business is willing to consider candidates of all levels, from recent Graduate to Senior Structural Engiener.
- Operating as part of the mechanical team, a typical day will include you being involved in ongoing and new design projects, inclusive of calculations, and occasionally advising on foundations (experience in this area is not a pre-requisite)
- The role offers real variety, with responsibilities across different functions and working on a good mix of projects/products
- You will hold a Structural Engineering Degree, or similar
- Any exposure to steel, mast/column structures, fabricated steel components or large-scale bespoke structures would be particularly useful
- Structural Design and Calculations experience (a level of calculations experience would be highly advantageous)
- Understanding of foundation design based on site conditions and structural requirements (useful, but not essential)
- Ability to complete failure mode analysis and site-investigations into ageing structures and structural integrity, advising on structural maintenance and reviewing structural maintenance reports (ideally)
Salary and Benefits
- £24,000 - £40,000 dependant on level of experience
- Holiday that increases with service
- Sick pay
- Early finish Friday’s
Commutable From: Sheffield, Rotherham, Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Worksop, Newark on Trent
This is a well-established business who are at the forefront of their industry, with over 40 years’ experience.
They operate from a large state of the art manufacturing facility that has been purpose built for the manufacture of their bespoke products.
This superb facility, BSI/ISO accreditation and creative R&D team enables them to provide a diverse, innovative range of high-performance products.
In a busy environment, this role will see you providing specialist mechanical engineering expertise that is required for designing and building packaging machinery, automation equipment, injection mould tools, jigs and fixtures to meet the company’s business strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of SolidWorks, a strong eye for detail and the ability to provide creative solutions.
- To provide mechanical engineering expertise to projects from the concept stage through to commissioning
- Assist in the writing of Design Specifications
- To creatively design innovative components, mechanisms and assemblies (in SolidWorks) to meet the needs of the Design Specification using suitable materials and manufacturing methods to achieve a reliable and cost-effective solution
- Create CAD drawings (in SolidWorks) with appropriate tolerancing and manufacturing notes following internal document control systems, create detailed component specifications (for bought-in parts)
- Research any processes that include uncertainty and prove concepts with prototypes as required
- Coordinate the first build of new assemblies and the electrical and control requirements of machine build projects with Systems Engineers
- Test the function of newly designed equipment, coordinating with Validation Engineers and produce the mechanical documentation and the collate any other documentation required to form the Technical File
- Educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Design or similar, with three years plus engineering experience
- Experience working with special purpose machinery or packaging machinery would be useful. Any experience of medical packaging or devices would be highly advantageous
- Self-motivated and with the drive and desire to create excellent products
- Excellent organisational, project management and communication skills
- A competent understanding of engineering and workshop machinery
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic
- A great team player with a positive approach and a commercial outlook
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Package and Benefits:
- £28,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience
- 40 hours per week, 8am - 4:30pm or 8:30am - 5pm
- 5% employer pension
- Free tea and biscuits
Commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Loughborough, Mansfield, Lichfield
Systems Development Engineer
A global facing engineering organisation who has a Northants based technical centre, is currently seeking a Systems Development Engineer to support their current product development programmes.
The position will support the production of the company’s product range with associated software, electrical and electronic tooling by hands on involvement through all stages of the product lifecycle.
Duties will include:
- Development and maintenance of the hardware and software for Production tools using Visual Basic and developing .NET software with languages such as C# and microcontroller compilers (MPLAB XC8/XC16/XC32 or any other).
- Compilation and analysis of operational, test, and experimental data necessary for the design and integration of business systems using MySQL scripts (MariaDB or any other) and developing C# to MySQL interfaces.
- Development of action plans to achieve short and long-range efficiency goals, selection of new production methods, designs of production fixtures, and methods to monitor efficiencies.
- Provide effective interdepartmental support for the release of new tooling and the continuous improvement of the existing ones. Includes operator user manuals, training, report writing and repairing of electrical/electronic tools.
- Research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly / welding / testing methods and general production equipment.
- Networking with counterparts in other facilities (and external agencies) to leverage and share best practices (may require travel abroad).
- Within Production Engineering team represent manufacturing to assist new / revised product introductions including product conformance to DFM criteria, operator and system goals, training and implementation evaluation (PRISM “S” gate deliverables (internal procedure)).
- Detailed in-process debugging and fault finding across the mass flow product range and the designed tooling.
- Maintaining data and gathering backbone data.
- Representing manufacturing at all applicable phases of PRISM to ensure new / revised product launches are DFM and integrated effectively.
- To operate in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Adhere to all internal quality procedures including updating/writing QA procedures if required.
Education and requirements:
- BSc degree or higher in Electronics or equivalent
- Practical analogue/ digital / electromechanical design
- Proficient with programming in C#.NET or similar
- Competent with C/C++ embedded firmware for 8, 16, and 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Schematic entry and PCB design (preferably Easy PC).
- Excellent understanding of production tooling concepts / design
- Ability to assemble and test electronic designs.
- Experience of 3D CAD packages e.g. Solidworks.
- Robot Programming
This is a great opportunity to join a fast paced and growing technical centre with continued support and investment. For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.