22 Design/R&D/FEA Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
This is an excellent opportunity with a leading manufacturing of advanced process technology company, who have a rich, well-established background. They have sites here in the UK and overseas
The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and the ability to fully support customers worldwide. The service is complete - from design through installation and commissioning to lifetime support.
- £40,000 - £45,000 plus employee benefits
- Develop the product range to ensure competitive position of machines
- Issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information
- Provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution
- Identify risks and put in place plans to maintain cost and schedule
- Maintain modular product structure for product range
- Product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented within the agreed schedule and costs, manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained
- Ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with company’s standards and quality procedures, to ensure compliance with CAD best practices
- Ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives)
- Maintain and update drawings and parts lists, and completion of change requests, work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented
- Undertake calculations for design work, both on contracts and development projects, brief field engineers and visit site when necessary
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional, currently in a key role within a design team
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience level in Engineering
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team
- Good communication skills, good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world
Essential Experience Required:
- Experienced designer of low volume / bespoke industrial machinery
- Good 3D CAD design experience using NX, Solidworks, Inventor or similar
- Modelling machined components, fabricated parts, sheet metal and assemblies
- Good drafting experience of machined components, fabrications and assembly drawings
- Good knowledge of different manufacturing methods, their benefits and limitations
- Good level of PC Literacy - Windows, MS Office, Outlook etc
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to customer / supplier sites in the UK and Worldwide
- Motivated, confident and professional with good communication skills, experience of working on multiple projects concurrently, prioritising tasks accordingly, good attention to detail, cost and quality in particular
- Able to select suitable materials, with a good appreciation of the benefits and limitations of each
Commutable From: Peterborough, Stamford, Oakham, Wisbech, Corby, Kettering
ELECTRONIC DESIGN ENGINEER
We have an excellent opportunity for an Electronic Design Engineer with experienced in embedded software to assist a global leading specialist in smoke and natural ventilation products. The company are at an exciting point of their expansion plans, where they are investing heavily in their R&D department.
Their R&D Team are focused on pushing the business forward through innovation and the Electronic Design Engineer will support the provision of design, technical support and commissioning of electronic control systems utilising their new R&D rapid prototyping and testing facilities.
- The company offer a competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 26 days (including one for your birthday) + statutory holidays
- Healthcare cash plan
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period).
- As a member of the team you will be involved with projects from beginning to end, whilst gaining a wealth of knowledge and experience working alongside likeminded people within an industry responsible for safety critical systems.
- As part of their ‘employer of choice’ strategy they will also support a successful applicant in providing the opportunity to develop their technical skills across both embedded and application level platforms through further learning & development.
As Electronic Design Engineer your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Conceptual design, development, prototyping and testing of new electronic control products and associated firmware.
- Translation of customer specification into designs for electronic and control products.
- Continuous improvement of existing products.
- Provision of technical support for both internal and external customers on both new and existing products.
- Liaison with suppliers on technical aspects of integration of new products into product range.
- Compile technical information for technical updates, CE files and product installation and operating manuals.
- The position does require good experience of coding in embedded C for microcontrollers. Strong Firmware exposure and a good understanding of electronics (including design for EMC and volume production / test).
- Experience working in an Embedded Design role with exposure of defining & specifying product requirements.
- Experience of Visual Studio and C# would be advantageous.
As a company they have already existed for a number of years and gained global recognition for innovation and bespoke solutions of a wide range of product that are now operational across the world.
For more information on the great opportunity please forward your latest CV ASAP.
The business is the UK’s largest manufacturer of steel products for their industry. They have many decades of expertise and employ over 1,000 people throughout their group.
Operating through a number of market leading brands; they design, manufacture and install for commercial and industrial environments.
Products and components may be manufactured in-house or through outsourced suppliers. Manufacturing techniques can include, but are not limited to, fabrication from sheet-metal and coil, including roll-forming; polymer extrusion, injection and rotational moulding; aluminium extrusion and machining.
Salary and Hours:
- £30,000 - £35,000, which is dependent on experience
- 8:30am - 4:45pm (flexi-hours are available)
- Reporting to the Product Development Manager, the Product Development Engineer will be required to support the development of products and continuous improvement of existing ranges.
- Projects are production focused, involving work with operational areas of the business, varying from reviewing existing designs to developing features, components, or entire ranges.
- Key goal - to enhance products by optimizing designs to engineer out manufacturing and material costs, rationalizing ranges, and/or reducing production, installation or warranty issues.
- Management of individual engineering tasks/projects within time and budget constraints, managing engineering changes.
- Providing regular and timely communications and updates to the Product Development Manager and Group Technical Director.
- Creating/maintaining product technical information (inc. manufacturing & assembly drawings, registers, supplier information, product documentation & installation/assembly Instructions, operations and maintenance manuals).
- Working with Data Controllers to maintain product Routes & BOMs, Procurement & Data Controllers to ensure technical specifications & purchasing information is accurate and correct.
- Planning & managing product and component testing, working with Group Health and Safety and Quality.
- Assist testing of products/components/features for new developments and planned product verifications.
- The role will be based at the Milton Keynes site, but may require occasional work of one or more days at other locations around the UK and Europe.
- Awareness / adaptable experience, to mechanical handling equipment.
- Manufacturing processes including rolling and press forming of thin gauge steel.
- Health and safety and risk assessment.
- IT literate, with strong IT skills in 2D AutoCAD and Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- CE Marking processes
- Manufacturing Design.
- GD&T, general tolerances experience would be highly advantageous.
- Manufacturing environment.
- Design of steel fabricated products.
- 2D component and assembly engineering drawing using AutoCAD LT.
Advantageous (but not essential):
- 3D isometric drawing using AutoCAD LT.
- Solidworks (including FEA).
- Electrical (IEC) regulations & ability to create/maintain electrical schematics.
- A basic understanding of SAP / Manufacturing / ERP systems.
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Northampton, Aylesbury, Luton, Hitchin
This consulting business is a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of schemes ranging from 1 million - 15 million. They have a requirement for a Graduate Civil Engineer.
They offer a varied and interesting workload. This is a client facing role, and consequently they require a candidate with excellent communication skills. The successful candidate would have proven experience, and a good grounding in a range of civil engineering work (drainage, highways etc), or deeper knowledge within one area and a desire to develop their skills across other disciplines.
- £25,000 - £36,000 Dependent on Experience
- Flexible Working
- Supportive Family Atmosphere
- Career Advancement Support and Encouragement
Why Join This Company:
- Progression to Fulfil Potential Route to Chartership Programme
- Professional Advancement Support
- Chartership Group Training Courses
- Mentoring Support
- Friendly Team with Opportunities to Network Socially
- Interesting External Networking attendance including the opportunity to join local professional peer to peer clubs
- Experienced, supportive team with a wide range of skills and experiences
- Supportive Management, HR and Mentor departments
- The Graduate Civil Engineer will be managing and undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects. Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines.
- Writing of Flood Risk Assessment reports, Transport Assessments and other technical reports for strategic development schemes.
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation.
- Educated to Degree level, 1st or 2:1. A levels in Maths and Physics would be useful, but not essential.
- Core experience in Drainage, Highway & bridge Design and Transport Engineering.
- Ideally 4 plus years relevant experience, working knowledge of technical guidance, standards/regulations and good practice.
- Graduate Member of ICE.
- Experience with S38, S278, S104 & S106, Sewers for Adoption, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, particularly report writing and client liaison.
- MS Office, AutoCAD, Microdrainage, Civils 3D
Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Burton Upon Trent, Leicester, Loughborough, Lichfield
This is a family business where changing people’s lives through the products that they design, manufacture and install is a daily occurrence. With 35 years’ experience under their belt, they are a leading provider in the UK, a market leader in Europe and have a presence in many other countries worldwide.
Based at their ISO9001 accredited, purpose-built manufacturing facility in Derbyshire, they believe the future success and growth of their business is inextricably linked to the introduction of innovative, high quality solutions.
Building on an impressive history, they are continuing their successful growth strategy with the recruitment of a UK Sales Team Manager.
Salary and Benefits:
- Company Car
- 31 Days Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Reporting to the Head of UK Sales and Customer Engagement, the UK Sales Team Manager will be responsible for managing the internal telesales and external sales teams. Leading the field-based team and managing the Office Sales Manager to create a streamlined customer centric sales experience.
- Providing strong leadership with a high focus on delivering great customer service and the achievement of maximum profitability and growth, in line with the company vision and values. Managing change and strategies to nurture and grow the customer base whilst maintaining a well-functioning and collaborative team.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic sales plan across the field and office teams for the B2C division
- Generate sustainable sales growth against set company targets. Responsible for the recruitment, induction and development of the Field Sales Team and the Sales Office Manager
- Carry out quarterly visits to each Regional Assessment Specialist delivering training, development, coaching and support (2 per month). Support the Sales Office Manager through regular coaching and mentoring
- Ensure all performance management targets (KPIs, Operational Standards) are met across the B2C team
- Monitor & develop the technical capabilities of the Field Sales Team to improve customer satisfaction and efficiencies
- Work closely with Marketing to increase enquiries and the conversion rate of enquiry to sale, effective target setting with close analytical reporting for all team members
- Create a cohesive one team approach through regular communication and meetings, monthly reporting to outline results and highlight opportunities and issues
- You must have a consultative / home assessment / home-based sales, B2C type background or management experience of a consultative sales team
- The Sales Team Manager will have a proven background in the management of internal & external sales teams and the development of their overall performance
- A motivational leader, not just a manager, with experience in recruiting, leading, coaching and performance managing field and office sales teams; preferably in a service provision industry sector
- You will have a formal educational background, be that a degree or further learning, understanding the difference between management and leadership and possess excellent communication skills – both formal and informal, with Employees, Management and Customers
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Newark
This is the opportunity for a Design Engineer to join a leading, family run business, who have crafted a diverse range of high-quality products for over 30 years.
Customer satisfaction and offering products at the right price is key to what they do, with an ever-increasing number of customers actively recommending the business.
Due to continued growth and an influx of project work, they are looking to expand their R&D team. This is a key role in their next step in expanding their manufacturing business and a great opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast paced and progressive company.
Salary and Hours:
- Salary £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience
- Hours - Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm
- Working alongside the Design team and liaising closely with Senior Design Engineers and the Managing Director, the Design Engineer will be involved in the whole design process
- Modifying components and being a pivotal part of the Design team, the Design Engineer will have free reign in the design department
- Beyond the initial learning curve, there will be extensive conceptual design of the company's manufacturing processes
- The Design Engineer will be fluent in Solidworks, other 3D CAD experience will be considered
- Strong mechanical background
- Experience with sheet metal, fabrications or structural metal design
- The right attitude, approach and desire to do things the right way
Commutable from Coventry, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Banbury, Nuneaton, Corby, Northampton
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Design Manager to join this exciting business that is being considered for Best Employer in the Norfolk Business Awards 2019
The Design Manager reports to the Director/Owner and Founder and takes responsibility for the small and talented design team of four, to achieve amazing things.
This is a concept to production role - they don't just design it they make it too. You will be expected to support, mentor and guide their designers to ensure that products are costed, designed and created in the most efficient and cost-effective way to meet customers’ expectations.
Package and Benefits:
• £40,000 - £45,000 Dependent on Experience
• 33 days holiday
• Your birthday off
• Free parking
• Plus, several other employee benefits
Design Manager Key Responsibilities:
To design and develop designs from design briefs supplied by customers/sales staff covering:
- Innovative conceptual thinking / ideas
- R&D of ideas for new products
- R&D of systems and methods of production
- Liaising closely will sales staff to understand and develop ideas
- Direct contact with customers
- Initial concepts / sketches
- Initial design drawings for costing purposes
- Produce 3D visuals and presentation documents
- Overseeing production of prototypes
- Value engineering of designs
To specify materials, fixings and construction methods and setting appropriate standards for these including:
- Working closely with approved suppliers to specify/understand production methods
- Understand material limitations and correct use
- An understanding of cost management
To work with team to compile quotes including:
- Producing and sending drawings direct to approved suppliers
- Requesting costs direct from approved suppliers
- Compiling costs and completing costing’s documents
- Ensuring sound cost management principles are applied
To manage, organise and assist with any prototyping process for new products including:
- Organise prototypes with suppliers
- Liaise with production staff on assembly methods
- Review and make changes as required
Design Manager Person Specification:
- This is a hugely varied role and pressured at times. You must be commercially astute and a strong leader; skilled at building relationships with a full concept to production skill set.
- The Design Manager will have around 10 years design experience with proven managerial skills. You will be familiar with a variety of production techniques as well as 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks
Commutable from Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Wisbech, Kings Lynn, Wymondham
CAD / Design Engineer – HVAC Systems
We are seeking a Design / CAD Engineer to join a Systems Team in the Midlands area, who are tasked with HVAC Design projects directly for customers.
The company provides a wide range of services and systems, especially Air Conditioning and Cooling Systems.
- The right candidate for this role will have at least 18 months experience working within HVAC and Cooling System Design with 2D and 3D CAD
- A formal qualification in engineering HNC or above
- Good CAD skills (AutoCAD)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- A good general knowledge of engineering principles.
- Exposure of designing to specification and with various materials.
- Good Project Engineering abilities (Self-manage own projects in regards, timing and costs)
- Have had exposure of Design for manufacture, site layout design and specification experience.
For more information please send your CV ASAP.
Our client is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join the existing team to support with much of the Electrical AutoCAD work, alongside four other team members.
You will be supporting a specific project for a new test facility, for which allowance has been made up to March 2020. The bulk of the CAD work will be carried out by another employee; however, this contractor will need to be more of a decision maker, someone who can make suitable suggestions and add more to the design philosophy behind the project.
- The role is primarily focused on working as part of a small team of Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and software Engineers to develop turbocharger performance testing facilities located within clients testing laboratory.
- The scope of the design skill required, includes the design of low voltage control systems (up to 400VAC), safety PLC integration and programming, distributed instrumentation and control design, using a mixture of analogue, digital and bus-based protocols.
- The individual must have strong communication and teamwork skills, working with the design team to define scope of works/specifications, design solutions, procure components and assemble/test in alignment with business needs.
- Working within a highly experienced team of Engineers the successful candidate must cooperate and take guidance from those around them whilst challenging capabilities to ensure continuous improvement.
- Experienced Electrical / Electronic Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing. Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
- A proficiency using AutoCAD Electrical is essential. You’ll use this for producing schematics, layout drawings, BOMS, wiring schedules and supporting documentation, using the agreed company standards.
- Liaising with panel and enclosure build technicians (in house) to ensure a consistent build process. Devising, documenting and carrying out subsystem testing prior to full system assembly in the test facility.
- Developing innovative solutions to potentially complex measurement or control problems. Carrying out DFMEA or similar assessments as part of a team to ensure designs meet functional and safety requirements.
- Working with the team and project leader to agree time / resource plans, consideration given to scope of work and project risk. Reporting of progress vs plan and developing mitigation plans as necessary.
- Knowledge of the following standards and technologies would be highly beneficial; Machinery directive and associated BS-EN standards to compliance, Allen Bradley RSLogix/Studio 5000 programming and hardware design for safety PLCs, Common industrial protocol for Allen Bradley PLC, Modbus sensors and control elements
- Distributed I/O systems, Allen Bradley / Rockwell VFDs for typical 5kW machinery, ABB VFDs for typical 5kW machinery, Eurotherm and EPACK controllers and iTools software
- College/University Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required. Electrical or Electronics Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree highly desirable.
- Electrical qualification for LV design work, i.e. 17th Edition wiring regulations.
- £30.00 - £32.00 per hour
- Initial 6-month contract, with a possibility of an extension
This vacancy has arisen within this businesses R&D department for an experienced Product Engineer, providing life-cycle support of existing products.
The main function of the role is to evaluate and implement design change requests, looking at how to make them more efficient, re-drawing AutoCAD designs in Solidworks.
This is a great opportunity within clients centre of excellence, which is privately owned, with operations in 20 countries.
They currently have a number of patents, world firsts and are committed to continuous product development on a concurrent engineering basis.
Salary / Package:
- Bonus £5,000 per year
- Free life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Possible relocation assistance
- Preparing, maintaining and revision control of 3D CAD models, drawings and BOM’s using SolidWorks and Keytech PLM software
- Updating and correcting CAD modelling errors in legacy SolidWorks Drawings, Parts and Assemblies, Re-drawing legacy AutoCAD designs in SolidWorks
- Provide CAD draughting support to Research and Development Engineers
- Work closely with and support other departments (Production, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Quality) and suppliers to improve existing designs with respect to design for manufacture and assembly
- Provide assistance to other departments and suppliers to help solve technical problems during manufacture and assembly
- Oversee validation testing required during the design change process and summarise results in a technical report, provide input to new product development based on experience of existing products
- Performance of other tasks as detailed by the Development Manager - Mechanical and/or the Technical Director.
- HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical and/or Production Engineering or related subject or relevant experience in lieu
- Excellent practical experience in 3D CAD is essential, preferably using SolidWorks
- Experience in PLM Systems and document revision control
- Familiar with the principles of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience in a product development and product manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of special materials such as austenitic and Duplex stainless steels, hastelloy, titanium, tantalum etc. would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of permanent joining methods such as welding, brazing, adhesive bonding etc and knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, injection moulding, machining, fabrication, forming etc.
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Leicester, Peterborough, Rugby, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Banbury, Market Harborough, St Neots
This business has 80 plus years of experience, specialising in the manufacturing of robust and reliable world-class handling equipment, exporting across the globe. Their range covers single machines up to full bespoke systems.
The company’s portfolio and capabilities have expanded significantly since they were established, with further major developments taking place.
- You will be producing high quality production drawings for both in-house and sub-contract manufacture, as well as updating and improving current designs for existing equipment
- The role includes liaison with the company’s sales team and customer base to finalise specifications
- 3D design proficiency is essential, preferably Solidworks
- You will have experience of machinery design / food processing equipment design
- A keen eye for detail
- An awareness of manufacturing implications and costs
- Excellent communication skills
- £25,000 - £32,000
Commutable from Boston, Skegness, Coningsby, Lincoln
Systems Development Engineer
A global facing engineering organisation who has a Northants based technical centre, is currently seeking a Systems Development Engineer to support their current product development programmes.
The position will support the production of the company’s product range with associated software, electrical and electronic tooling by hands on involvement through all stages of the product lifecycle.
Duties will include:
- Development and maintenance of the hardware and software for Production tools using Visual Basic and developing .NET software with languages such as C# and microcontroller compilers (MPLAB XC8/XC16/XC32 or any other).
- Compilation and analysis of operational, test, and experimental data necessary for the design and integration of business systems using MySQL scripts (MariaDB or any other) and developing C# to MySQL interfaces.
- Development of action plans to achieve short and long-range efficiency goals, selection of new production methods, designs of production fixtures, and methods to monitor efficiencies.
- Provide effective interdepartmental support for the release of new tooling and the continuous improvement of the existing ones. Includes operator user manuals, training, report writing and repairing of electrical/electronic tools.
- Research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly / welding / testing methods and general production equipment.
- Networking with counterparts in other facilities (and external agencies) to leverage and share best practices (may require travel abroad).
- Within Production Engineering team represent manufacturing to assist new / revised product introductions including product conformance to DFM criteria, operator and system goals, training and implementation evaluation (PRISM “S” gate deliverables (internal procedure)).
- Detailed in-process debugging and fault finding across the mass flow product range and the designed tooling.
- Maintaining data and gathering backbone data.
- Representing manufacturing at all applicable phases of PRISM to ensure new / revised product launches are DFM and integrated effectively.
- To operate in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Adhere to all internal quality procedures including updating/writing QA procedures if required.
Education and requirements:
- BSc degree or higher in Electronics or equivalent
- Practical analogue/ digital / electromechanical design
- Proficient with programming in C#.NET or similar
- Competent with C/C++ embedded firmware for 8, 16, and 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Schematic entry and PCB design (preferably Easy PC).
- Excellent understanding of production tooling concepts / design
- Ability to assemble and test electronic designs.
- Experience of 3D CAD packages e.g. Solidworks.
- Robot Programming
This is a great opportunity to join a fast paced and growing technical centre with continued support and investment. For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.