17 Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
A global player in the field of specialist process and production machinery are currently seeking a Project Manager to join their project post-sales systems design and installation team.
The company have a strong track record of offering their customers a complete turn-key service of providing state-of-the-art machinery and the project management of the delivery and installation of orders to customers sites, including managing plant design, process monitoring, control and automation, mechanical and electrical engineering, steelwork design, abatement systems and extraction systems installation.
Often working to busy project schedules, the team will take responsibility for the final installation and assembly of the final order - Dry Commissioning, Wet Commissioning and finally Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
The position will report to the Managing Director and will be based from the organisations West Midlands office, but regular travel to Europe and further a field will also play a major part of the role at certain points of projects.
The position will be Project Engineering orientated and will incorporate a wide range of activities, including project planning, plant and process machinery layout design - PFD and P&ID, proposals and feasibility studies, supplier liaison, sub-contractor management, mechanical and material calculations and evaluations, considerations of HAZOP’s, ATEX and other industry standard requirements.
Good applicants for this position would have come from a Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food process or production machinery delivery and installation background, with a good appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
Applicants should also be familiar with CAD and be able to create systems layout diagrams.
This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager to join a large established organisation, where project ownership and delivery responsibility will be offered (Projects Values c£40,000 - £2Million)
Project Manager Requirements:
- A formal qualification in engineering (HND/ Degree) Chemical / Mechanical or Electrical
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design and delivery of process and production machinery
- Good exposure of managing projects on customers sites (Overseas)
- A good knowledge and the ability to use CAD
- A good Mechanical appreciation of ancillary equipment and components (Pumps, Hydraulics, Power etc.)
- A good working knowledge of reading and creating P&ID’s, PFD’s
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong self-management and project engineering skills
- Willingness to travel at short notice
Benefits of the Project Manager role:
- The company offer a friendly working environment, with flexible working hours and 1pm finishes on Fridays.
- Attractive Salary with annual reviews
- Annual Bonus
- Good Pension
- Company Expenses Account
- Laptop and Mobile Phone
- Good Career Prospects
- International Career Opportunities
This position is commutable from, Birmingham, Coventry Leicester, Oxford, Stafford, Warwick, Wolverhampton, Worcester,
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
A company with a long track record for innovation and offering tailored bespoke solutions to its global customer base, is currently seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to enhance their R&D Team.
As a company they design and develop a range of technical mechatronic products that are often required to work in partnership with other electronic technologies and equipment.
Their own internal team consists of experienced personnel in the areas of Software, Electronic and Product Design and this position will support all of these areas, with a biased toward Electronic Hardware Development, but with daily interaction with Digital, Software and Mechanical applications as well.
The company are currently busy with the development of three new platforms that are required for delivery and testing early 2021, so the team are extremely busy developing and prototyping new technologies to ensure this target can be achieved.
The position will be offered the opportunity to work remotely and on-site for the initial first 6 months, but the role will then be likely to be reverted back to purely on-site working, so applicants should ideally be situated within a 1 hour commuting distance of the office (South Manchester)
Experience of the following would be extremely useful:
- Schematic Layout and PCB
- Good working knowledge of STM32 Cortex M4
- Exposure to Visual Studio, C++, C#, Python, bash
- Good experience in Source Control, e.g. GIT, subversion
- Collaboration tools, e.g. Confluence
- Bluetooth 5 modules & Wi-Fi modules
- USB 3 Type-C including Power Delivery control via STUSB
- Digital/Analog signal conditioning
- Control circuitry, load drivers, stepper motor control
- Design for EMC and other certifications (e.g. CE, LVD, CB, FCC, UL, CCC, etc)
- Capable of ‘bringing up prototype hardware’, and be comfortable using scopes, bus analysers, etc
- Building, testing, debugging prototypes and early production models
- Design of test equipment and procedures for high reliability production of volume parts
- Experience of Windows App, Android, iOS or other mobile application development would be useful
Requirements for the Electronic Design Engineer role:
- A positive attitude is essential as is flexibility, creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to self-manage project work loads
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- The understanding and learning of new technologies
- A degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of developing embedded electronic hardware and software for real-time and mobile systems
The company will offer:
- 37.5 hour working week
- Contributory pension scheme (5%/5%)
- Private Healthcare
- 29 days paid holiday increasing with service
- Death in Service benefit
- Flexibility in working hours
- A friendly relaxed atmosphere where everyone is focused on creating excellent products
- Remote working for the first 6 months
Commutable from: Manchester, Wrexham, Macclesfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Liverpool, Runcorn
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning.
They have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with an experienced Electrical Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files and participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Ideally educated to Degree level, or a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning would be highly advantageous
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems would be useful
- Previous use of AutoCAD (EPLAN highly advantageous)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
Hours and Benefits:
- £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Commutable From: Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Negotiable Salary (DOE), Homeworking, Car Allowance, Company Pension, Private Medical Insurance & Life Insurance
- Client is looking to recruit an experienced Piling Design Engineer, to work within their estimating team, who is looking to progress their career, working within a homeworking role. As a business, they are committed to the professional development of their employees and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and expanding business.
- The teams principal objective is to identify new business opportunities by preparing design solutions, estimates and tender proposals for the delivery of a variety of piling disciplines that meets the customer’s needs and in accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy.
- The role is design and estimating. You will need to be proficient in working with relevant design software and have an understanding of the estimating process. You will be expected to work from a bill of quantities or a set of drawings and any other form of enquiry documents a client will issue and provide piling designs and price estimates for everything from a one-off scheme to ongoing projects which will be completed over several months.
- You will be required to follow a project through with any design requirements as the project develops or progresses.
- You will be expected to have combined site experience with quantity surveying skills, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
- This is a customer focused role that requires you to have the ability to engage with clients to determine their needs and articulate those requirements in order to provide a solution-based proposal.
Design and Estimating Skills Required
- Interpret architectural engineering plans, blueprints and specification drawings to determine the scope of works
- Check the tender requirements against the Company’s governance procedure and accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy to determine the most appropriate engineering design solution for the installation of sheet steel, driven or bored piles, etc
- Prepare designs for fully embedded retaining walls, cantilever and propped solutions, bearing piles either bored driven or VCC using information supplied by the client or suitable generic engineering values for the soil strata present on site
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents
- Review contract conditions and incorporate the Company’s requirements within a written tender submission document
- Liaise with client on an ongoing basis to determine progress of tender
- Comply with stated Company policies and procedures relating to health and safety legislation
Essential Qualifications and Work Experience
- BA Engineering / Civil Engineering – or equivalent in relevant experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in heavy civil engineering
- Minimum 40 hrs per week as dictated to meet the needs of the business.
- The pressure and fixed nature of deadlines means some late nights may be needed. Overnight stays are rare, but you will need to travel to meet clients on site.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
We currently have a great opportunity for a suitable engineer to join a design and manufacturer of control systems. The organisation considers themselves to be agile and highly innovative, embracing their technology to introduce custom solutions for their blue-chip customer base. As a company they have a strong family culture which provides a positive working environment where employees feel valued and trusted. They are a global company with offices in the UK, Europe, USA, Australia and China.
Due to the organisation doubling in size over the last five years and growing its presence in their international markets and across key applications in a myriad of industries. A new position for an Application Support Engineer has been created.
As part of the UK Safety Application Support team you will become the first point of call for technical queries pre and post-sale. Your personable, action orientated style, will deliver fast resolution to customer queries through your own technical skills and pulling on internal knowledge. This is a role aimed at individuals with relevant engineering skills and with some appropriate industry experience, however recently qualified engineers with 12 months+ experience will be considered. You will receive training and mentorship as you learn about all areas of the business through your role.
Application Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Respond to technical enquiries through internal platforms to deliver excellent service to customers, providing both pre and post technical sales support.
- Contribute to technical investigations as they support their customers, working closely with Engineering Design, Customer Solutions and Sales.
- Develop key knowledge on organisations product range, with understanding of key applications.
- Contribute to and create new ways to keep customers informed on products as they develop new materials, training and services.
- Contribute to a culture of process improvement within the Safety Application Support team.
- Relevant engineering qualification at higher education level (HND / Degree) in Electronic Engineering.
- Relevant industry experience preferred – 12 months+
- Approachable and personable style with good presentation and communication skills
- A strong culture fit – with a bias for action, accountability and teamwork
- Willingness to travel (International)
The Application Support Engineer will be involved in all areas of customer liaison, whilst working closely with other internal departments, giving a successful applicant the opportunity to develop a career that offers variety and fast track career progression.
Applicants with 12 months+ working experience post-Graduation in Electronics or Mechatronics would be suitable to apply for this role.
The company offers excellent benefits and bonuses, based of both individual and company performance and a strong track record of developing individuals with career progression opportunities.
- £25,000 - £34,000
- 25 Days Hols + Bank Holidays
- Early Finish on Fridays
Commutable from – Birmingham, Dudley, Wolverhampton, Telford, Lichfield, Stafford, West Bromwich
Probe Technical Recruitment, Manufacturing & Production Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is an excellent and varied opportunity with an internationally recognised brand.
Besides being a key part of the design team, the Product Design Engineer will be involved in the whole process, from concept to production, and bringing of products to market through development, including tool design and testing.
Client operates from a fully automated and modern facility, with all manufacturing being done in-house.
There is also a clear and defined progression plan, with real opportunities to develop further.
- £28,000 - £31,000
- 8:30am – 16:45pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 15:45pm Friday
- 45 minute lunch break
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Company Bonus
- Group Personal Pension scheme – employer 3% contribution
- Free Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Company sick pay (up to 26 weeks dependent on service)
- Subsidised canteen & vending
- Free Car-parking
- Health plan
- Respond to commercial briefs for product specifications
- Developing innovative ideas for new products
- Developing drawings to obtain design approval
- Designing new products on 3D CAD
- Prototyping new products as required
- Testing new products and using analysis to review / improve product design, testing and evaluating competitors’ products
- Ensure all processes are adhered to and documentation completed
- 2 – 5 years experience
- Product Design Degree or similar
- Demonstrable Product Design and Consumer Products experience
- Experience of designing with Plastics, specifically injection moulding
- Background experience of 3D CAD is essential - Siemens NX experience would be advantageous
- Designing components for plastic injection moulding domestic components is essential and commissioning injection mould tools is preferred but not essential
- Experience liaising with tooling and manufacturing engineers is preferred but not essential
This Role is Commutable From: Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Walsall, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Leicester.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
This is a well-established multi-disciplinary business, with a diverse project workload. They offer a varied and interesting workload, in this client facing role, so, a candidate with excellent communication skills is required.
You will have around 5 years’ experience in Infrastructure Engineering / Civil Engineering, with a range of exposure across drainage and highways. Alternatively, deeper knowledge in one of these areas and a willingness to develop the other will be considered.
Infrastructure Engineer Candidate Essentials
- Drainage (MicroDrainage), Section agreements and / or highways experience is essential
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree Infrastructure Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and in modelling software such as Micro Drainage, PDS or Civil 3D
- Working knowledge of drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff
- Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use
- The Infrastructure Engineer will be managing and undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects. Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines
- Writing of Flood Risk Assessment reports, Transport Assessments and other technical reports for strategic development schemes
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence
- Assist Director with operation of the Civil team to meet the productivity and growth aspirations of the company
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets
- Working within all offices as and when required, working additional hours if necessary, to deliver all responsibilities and to attend meetings/events
- Salary £35,000 - £42,000, dependant on experience
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions
- 30 days holiday
- Christmas shutdown
Commutable From: Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Tamworth, Burton Upon Trent, Mansfield
Probe Technical Recruitment, Celebrating 26 Years of Technical Engineering Recruitment Excellence
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a fast growing organisation who specialise in the design and development of electromechanical devices.
The company have seen fantastic growth of not only its own staff and revenue, but also its product range in the last few years and currently boasts a strong team of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic Engineers within its R&D team.
The position will be daily involved in the mechanical design of devices and components that will house Smart Technology, Electronic and Electrical applications. The role will involve using 3D CAD SolidWorks to achieve the mechanical aspects of the projects - machine parts, fabrications, enclosures and moving parts.
The right candidate for the Design Engineer position will have a strong background in 3D CAD design and development of electromechanical or mechatronic devices or similar.
- Be formally qualified in either Mechanical or Design Engineering in (HND/Degree).
- Be fully conversant with a modern 3D CAD package (SolidWorks, Creo or similar)
- Have 1st principle mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Have an appreciation of electrical and electronic applications.
- A knowledge of software and embedded software applications would be advantageous.
- Good project engineering and the ability to create supporting documentation and presentations in relation to project management duties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team and understand and learn new technology and procedures.
- A strong work ethic.
- This role for a Design Engineer would be a great opportunity for either a mid-level or experienced Designer, who is looking for a new challenge to work full product life cycle and see projects through to completion and final delivery to an end customer.
- The company will offer a suitable applicant, good opportunities to progress their career and develop new skills.
- 25 days holiday plus bank Holidays
- A good pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Career development.
If you believe you are a Design Engineer who could be suited to this position, with 3 years plus experience. Please forward your latest CV with a brief cover letter.
This position is commutable from Manchester, Preston, Blackpool, Rochdale, Oldham and Bolton.
1999 - 2020, Celebrating 21 Years of Specialist Research, Development & Design Recruitment Excellence
Quantity Surveyor (Infrastructure)
We are currently working with a company that operates nationwide, providing integrated consultancy services for major infrastructure and development schemes and has a reputation of designing and delivering some of the most complex projects in the UK.
They have a proven track record of delivery in residential, commercial, retail, public and infrastructure sectors, with significant project experience in planning, designing and delivering strategic highways and bridges, flood alleviation works, transport plans, major utility installations, high rise buildings, new towns, schools/leisure centres, public buildings and business parks.
Their teams are structured to provide efficient, cost effective and dynamic advice, often against challenging timescales and with significant complexities.
The Role within the company will require an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated individual with a junior or experienced background working as a Quantity Surveyor in recent times.
This is a great opportunity for a successful candidate to join the business in a role offering the prospect to work with experienced Quantity Surveyors and Project Consultants and provide a wide range of development consultancy services.
- Viability Analysis.
- Commercial and Contract Advice.
- Contract Administration.
- Cost Planning and Reporting.
The Quantity Surveyor position will offer the chance to work on some of the largest development programmes in the UK, taking the project lead and driving forward the key stages of project design and delivery.
Based in the organisations building in Southwest Birmingham, the position will liaise and work with other parties and travel when needed to visit and support projects throughout their delivery stages and lifecycles.
- A formal Qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Fully conversant with MS office – Word, Excel Outlook, Project
- Some recent exposure of Quality Management Systems
- 12 – 18 months post qualification sector experience
If you are looking to progress your career in a driven environment working on nationally significant development and infrastructure projects and are looking to extend your experience within the field of QS, please get in touch.
Civil Engineer (Infrastructure projects)
A Civil Engineer is required for a Birmingham based Consultancy
We are working with an organisation that provides consultancy services related to major nationwide infrastructure schemes, with a strong successful track record for the delivery of projects in Commercial, Residential, Public and the Retail sectors. They have vast experience within infrastructure - planning, designing, and delivering highways and bridges, flood elevation works, transport plans, major utility installations, schools, public buildings, and business parks.
Their team is structured to provide efficient, cost effective and dynamic advice, often against challenging timescales and with significant complexities.
This role is seeking a Civil Engineer who can provide support in the following:-
Design a variety of infrastructure schemes as well as liaising with clients in the following disciplines:
- Highway design both preliminary and detailed.
- Drainage design both strategic and detailed.
- Design of foul pumping stations, SUDS, flow control structures and balancing facilities.
- Residential and commercial external works design including earthworks assessments.
Graduate Electronic Engineer
We are working with an electronic device development company, who require a Junior Electronic Engineer to join their busy R&D Team based on the outskirts of Oxford
The company has over 20 years’ experience in developing innovative products that are used in the building services sector. Their product uses a range of the latest Electronic / Firmware and Software technologies and are combined with mechanical applications.
As an organisation they have seen good growth and are now in a fortunate position of seeing business levels and orders return after the lockdown early this year.
A busy working environment with a healthy mix of senior and more experienced staff combined with junior and entry level engineers with a focus on individual development.
The position will be part of the delivery of new products and technologies and will focus both on new product development and improving and upgrading legacy products.
Working in the development team and reporting to the Senior Electronic Engineer the position will be very R&D biased and be involved in designing, testing and building prototypes in conjunction with other members of the R&D team.
- Develop innovative product concepts and solutions.
- Design and create PCB Board level technology that can interact with Mechanical and Software applications
- Create and build test and prototype and associated test rigs to carry out test cycles
- Electrical design from concept through to production.
- Schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout.
- Embedded software development.
- Design validation testing including internal and external EMC tests.
- Specification and development of production test equipment.
- Working to internal safety and compliance standards
- Assist in spoke urgent customers’ orders where technology design, upgrades and testing need to be achieved in very short lead times
- Problem solving with the projects at development, prototype, and testing phases
Skills & Experience:
This role will require a Junior Electronic Engineer with experience in the following
- At least 1 year in a Technology based or Engineering position that is New Product Development biased
- Good hands-on exposure to Electronic Hardware & Embedded Design & PCB Schematics
- Have worked in a technology development product or device environment (Ideally within an SME or Start-up organisation)
- Excellent Communication skills
- A formal engineering education qualification in Electronics – (Degree, HND or equivalent)
- Good investigative skills with the ability to problem solve and come up with suitable solutions
- The ability to pick up new technology and procedures fast
- This is a great opportunity for a Junior Engineer to move into a fast paced, but supportive working environment.
- The company has seen fantastic growth in turnover and head count in recent years and is well placed to offer an individual good opportunity for career enhancement, pay increases and promotion within a short time span of joining the company.
- Being part of a team is their ethos and working together to achieve their goals.
Client is a global manufacturer of heavy engineering products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximise customer return on investment. They deliver lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining.
Key Reasons to Join This Business:
- UK and Global travel opportunities
- Exposure to customers & all areas of the business including manufacture
- Working for a dynamic, global market leader
- Exciting projects & opportunities to innovate including patent designs
- 10% bonus
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Translate product specifications from Platform Manager and Product Manager into engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- Working with Design engineers, produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to company products.
- Follow Group standards in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing and follow group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data.
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability.
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering and 3+ years’ experience in heavy equipment design; mining, aggregates or crushing equipment would be advantageous.
- Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Pro-E/CREO.
- Ideally have good working knowledge of hydraulic system design, with working knowledge of Metallurgy, welding and casting techniques.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken, with good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Project management experience and advantage
Commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough, Burton upon Trent, Hinckley, Nuneaton