19 Design/R&D/FEA Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
*** This role is inside IR35 and PAYE ***
- This role is a 3-month contract to cover a leave of absence.
- Client is looking for an experienced Windchill operator who has had experience in Windchill administration roles.
- This is to cover CAD Administration and Engineering Administration for Windchill 11:0 and to support the Engineering team at Milton Keynes in all Windchill issues.
- Candidates will be liaising constantly with the onsite team, leads and the Windchill team to resolve issues. This is very much a communications role.
- Degree level experience in engineering or comparable is required.
Hours and Pay:
- £26.15 (this is a PAYE role)
- 37.5 hours per week, during normal office hours
- Three-month assignment
Person Specification Essentials:
- Windchill and Creo software knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- What is it? - Windchill is an Enterprise Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) replacing both Matrix PLM and PDM Link CAD Data Management with a single CMI integrated environment managed by a common set of processes
- Why are they doing this? - To move PG PLM data from an obsolete unsupported Matrix application to a modern vendor supported Windchill environment with latest functionality and performance
- When will it be implemented? - February 2019 for CPG/CGT & Q4 2020 for HHPWho will benefit from this tool? All creators and consumers of CAD and PLM data within the current PGBU Matrix PLM and PDMLink environments
- Work with the Engineering Data Manager to identify and rectify engineering data quality issues.
- Analyse and cross reference engineering data between multiple sources to identify data quality issues (IT Systems and Excel reports).
- Identify missing engineering data and propose a resolution for correction.
- Instruct the IT support team on the required correction activities.
- Track progress of corrective updates and validate quality issues resolved.
- Produce regular status updates / progress reports to project team
- Good understanding of engineering concepts is essential.
- Understand how to read Engineering Drawings
- Understand Part and product Bill of Materials
- Understand product and part naming terms and conventions
- Prior operation of PDM, PLM, MRP or ERP applications is an advantage
- Engineering / Manufacturing background is preferred
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal
- Good Excel skills (Macros ideally) and the ability to manage multiple large spreadsheets
- Ability to work independent and to deadlines
Commutable from Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Bedford, Northampton, Aylesbury, Hemel Hempstead
This is a technology-focused company, specializing in control system design, install and commissioning for the automated materials handling sector.
They have been supporting end users and mechanical system integrators for several years and over this time have become a specialist in automated systems.
They are now looking to strengthen and reinforce the team, with an experienced Control Panel Design Engineer, ideally suited to someone looking for the next challenge in their career. The right candidate will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems.
On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Hours and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience level and qualifications
- Flexi time working, 37.5 hours per week
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Key Responsibilities :
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and drawing.
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Procurement of electrical equipment including control panels and field devices, liaising with suppliers on technical matters
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files
- Participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings, providing technical support to other departments, as required
- To understand and apply relevant design, regulatory and industrial standards
- Operate in accordance to the company’s ISO 9001 policy
This is a demanding but rewarding position, offering the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a highly professional team looking to innovate and drive performance.
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or related relevant discipline
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning within an automation-based industry
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives and familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems
- Familiar with industrial sensor technology, both digital and analogue, and interfacing of the same to the control system(s) either directly or via appropriate fieldbus IO standards
- Previous use of CAD tools, (AutoCAD, EPLAN)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
- Conversant with AutoCAD, E-plan, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook
Commutable from Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield
FIRMWARE DESIGN ENGINEER
A Firmware Design Engineer experienced in embedded software is required to join a global leading specialist in innovative technology for the building services.
As part of their R&D Team, dedicated to pushing business forward, the role will support in the provision of design, technical support and commissioning of electronic control systems utilising the organisations brand new R&D rapid prototyping and testing facilities.
Joining the team, you will be involved with projects from beginning to end, whilst gaining a wealth of knowledge and experience working alongside likeminded people within an industry responsible for safety critical systems. As part of the organisations ‘employer of choice’ strategy the right applicant will be supported in providing the opportunity to develop their technical skills across both embedded and application level platforms through further learning & development.
Benefits for a Firmware Design Engineer:
- The company offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance of 26 days (including one for your birthday)
- Statutory Holidays
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Assurance Cover
- Contributory Pension Scheme (after a qualifying period).
- The successful candidate would be expected to hold a full UK driving licence.
As Firmware Design Engineer your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Conceptual design, development, prototyping and testing of firmware for new electronic control products
- Translation of customer specification into designs for electronic and control products.
- Continuous improvement of existing products
- Provision of technical support for both internal and external customers on both new and existing products
- Liaison with suppliers on technical aspects of integration of new products into product range
- Compile technical information for technical updates, CE files and product installation and operating manuals
To be considered for this role you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Experience coding in embedded C for microcontrollers (experience with Ti MSP430 and/or STM32 microprocessors would be advantageous)
- Experience in embedded firmware development, Embedded C or C++
- Experience of coding standards and MISRA C
- Knowledge of microcontrollers and peripheral components
- Good understanding of electronics
- Defining & specifying product requirements
- Experience of Visual Studio and C# would be advantageous
For more information regarding this Firmware Design Engineer role, please forward your latest CV ASAP.
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER - ENGINEERING / DESIGN GRADUATE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Engineering/Design graduate to join a global organisation who specialise in increasing the longevity and durability of components and tools by manipulating chemical engineering. This company counts F1 teams and global aerospace manufacturers as clients.
If you have graduated with a technical degree in an engineering or design discipline and want to join an organisation with world class training and limitless progression opportunities, then read on.
What’s in it for you?
- World class training with a global industry leader
- Exposure to varied projects in a highly technical, engineering environment
- A salary of £25,000-£28,000
- A quarterly bonus (which has been paid every quarter this year so far!)
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, so 33 in total)
- BUPA healthcare (after probation)
- Critical illness cover
- Genuine progression opportunities with potential to change function / business unit (this role has come up because the previous
- Applications Engineer has been promoted!)
Based in Milton Keynes, the Applications Engineer is responsible for a variety of tasks - here is a snapshot of what this role entails:
- Engaging with customers to understand their requirement from a technical perspective
- Translating this to the various design and operational teams internally
- Quoting and pricing works
- Assisting in the design of processes for applying longevity-giving materials to surfaces
- Providing feedback to the client on progress / any challenges
- Keeping all internal stakeholders in the loop with progress
- Project management of the project from customer engagement, through inception and design until finally handing over to operations for full scale production
Within this role you will deal with lots of different challenges, and no two days will be the same. You will spend the first 3 months on short secondments around all divisions of the business to understand and learn exactly what the business does so that you are fully prepared and trained by the time you start working with customers on projects.
The Applications Engineer works on projects from Formula 1 to aerospace, from defence to nuclear and everything in between.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
*You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this position and you must be a commutable distance from Milton Keynes or be willing to relocate to this area.
This is your chance to work for a globally recognised, major international brand, who distribute products to over 50 countries worldwide.
Driven by the passion of the founding team for designing innovative products that redefine end user expectations, the business continues to grow. They are looking to recruit a skilled and forward-thinking Audio Electronics Project Engineer, for a hands-on role, who has the talent and work ethic to make a difference in one of the most exciting brands in their industry.
Salary and Hours:
- Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- A fantastic, fun environment to work
- The chance to be part of a world-leading business
- 33 days holiday, rising to 38 days with service
- Sick pay
- Death in service 2x salary
- You must have Audio Electronics experience, High Speed Electronics or very closely related experience
- Degree in electronics or associated engineering subject
- 1-2 years’ experience of electronic and/or mechanical design in a consumer audio or electronics environment
- A demonstrable aptitude for electronics. Will have been interested in consumer electronics and circuitry, or mechanical construction/design as a hobby or in a previous role
- Knowledge of CAD PCB design
- Experience / Knowledge Used to working to tight deadlines, excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Someone with a passion for music / musical instrument would be advantageous
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- The input and modification of electronics schematics, with guidance from the Chief Engineer
- The input and modification of PCB artworks using CAD, with guidance from the Chief Engineer
- Building and testing of prototypes
- Sourcing components for prototype production and testing
- Writing and performing new product tests and recording/presenting results
- Managing the approvals of products to international standards
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Rugby, Daventry, Kettering, Banbury, Bedford
This product focused position performs established technical tasks at the product and cross-business integration level for current and future products within a given business unit or corporate area.
This involves work across many steps in the product life cycle. Because of the product centred nature of this position, they are very often a central point of coordination and decision making between Product Engineers, Product Line Engineers, Customer Teams, Purchasing, Suppliers and Manufacturing.
Hours and Pay:
- £26.15 (this is a PAYE role)
- 37.5 hours per week, during normal office hours
- Initially this will be for a 6-month period
- Obtains input from stakeholders such as technical managers, project leaders, other product and manufacturing engineers and supplier partners to deliver information and recommendations that lead to quality product decisions.
- Applies academic knowledge and existing experience to take action and make decisions that progress projects forward without sacrificing project quality expectations. Examples of these decisions include day to day project details, analysis or test work instruction details, coordination across discipline areas, etc. that are necessary to make quality progress.
- Applies and improves processes such as ESW, iDFMEA, FIRG and tools such as 7-step problem solving, design review checklist and other specialized tools required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
- Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge. Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
- Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers
- Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role. Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
- Systems Thinking
- System Requirements Engineering
- System Capability Engineering
- Product Interface Management and Integration
- Product Problem Solving
- Product Failure Mode Avoidance
- Decision quality
- Drives results
- Communicates effectively
- Builds networks
- Resourcefulness and Manages complexity
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required
- Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
Commutable from Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Bedford, Northampton, Aylesbury, Hemel Hempstead
With nearly 40 years of experience, this is an established business with a proven track record of delivering high quality engineering solutions to a wide range of customer and projects across the world.
The Company specialises in design, manufacture, installation and aftercare. From simple fabrications, to the more complex, demanding projects that require a high level of engineering expertise.
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join an existing, successful team. Ideally qualified to Degree, HND or time served as a mechanical engineer, you must have experience of using SolidWorks (including animations on SolidWorks) and AutoCAD, backed up with a sound mechanical engineering knowledge and familiarity with standards libraries, knowledge of tolerancing and welding symbols to ISO standards.
What’s on Offer:
- Salary is negotiable - they will create the right package for someone with the right experience
- Sensible working hours Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5pm but flexibility is required
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Opportunity for progression and ongoing training
- Free on-site parking
- Complimentary hot drinks on tap!
- Dealing directly with clients around the world via electronic means and face to face
- Design of machinery and parts for new and existing projects
- Creating bill of materials
- Problem solving as part of a team, to overcome design challenges
- Briefing the in-house manufacturing team and working closely with external partners to deliver exceptional engineering solutions
- Working with and creating documentation for maintenance and ongoing operation as well as normal risk assessments and method statements
- Overseeing installations on site with clients
- Design to FAT/SAT (involved in every stage)
- You must have SolidWorks and AutoCAD experience, with strong mechanical engineering exposure
- Ideally qualified to Degree, HND or time served as a mechanical engineer
- You must work well as part of their talented in-house team and be able to cope under pressure
- Willing to travel in the UK and potentially worldwide
- Be able to write well and explain things clearly
- Must have great attention to detail
- FEA analysis advantageous
- Mechanical knowledge of motors, drives and gearboxes advantageous
Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Heanor, Ilkeston, Hucknall, Long Eaton, Sutton in Ashfield, Loughborough
JUNIOR DESIGN ENGINEER
A R&D focused organisation based near Wolverhampton are seeking a new Junior Design Engineer to join their innovation and development team.
The company are involved in a range of precision and mechanism design projects that involve the design and development of machined and casted parts and components that work in unison as a moving mechanism, so a great deal of mechanical engineering and GD&T go into each design to ensure function and reliability is met for each project.
The role will be supporting a medium sized design team with Design and Development activities and this will involve 3D CAD work from concept through to test and prototyping, material selection and Bill of Materials.
The right candidate for this position will be experienced in Mechanical Design post qualification with at least 6 months direct industry knowledge and exposure.
Experience should include:
- Mechanical Design (3D CAD) (SolidWorks, Creo, Inventor or Solid Edge)
- Exposure to working in a Mechanical Engineering Problem Solving Environment
- Component or Mechanism Design
- Prototyping and Testing
- Some Manufacturing experience (Machining, Casting, Forging) Desired
- Bill of Materials experience
Ideally candidates would have recently qualified with a Qualification in Engineering (Mechanical) but Design experience with an Apprenticeship background will also be considered.
This is a great role for a recent Graduate or Junior Designer who is looking at working for a fast paced company, where designs and projects are produced within short leads times.
Training, Development and Career Enhancement Prospects are also on offer for a successful applicant.
For more information please send your latest CV ASAP.
A global facing organisation that has seen a huge demand for its innovative products over the last 5 years, is now seeking an additional member for their Midlands Technical Team, with a customer facing Application Engineer who can offer high level 3rd Line Support for new and existing customers.
The Application Engineer role will offer a range of services, from advice to complete systems design (with the support of the internal R&D Team) This will mean that a suitable applicant will be the face to face interaction with the customer in understanding, conveying and qualifying their specific needs, whilst also offering a complete bespoke solution at the same time.
As an organisation that have developed a strong global presence for bespoke innovation to their ever increasing customer base, they are still focused to continue with innovation of their products into the next decade and beyond, so having a stronger link with their UK and European customers is going to be key to retain and build better relationships.
The company offer a range of electronic and mechatronic safety critical devices and products that are used across a myriad of industry sectors. These are often slightly bespoke for each order and will require, Mechanical, Electronic and Software Engineering changes.
Although full product training and awareness will be provided, along with continuation training, a suitable applicant should have already worked in a similar position that involved technical liaison with external or internal customers, with a biased towards electronic or mechatronic applications.
Requirements of an Application Engineer:
- We are looking for a confident individual who has gained at least 2 years post qualification industry experience in either an Electronic, or Mechatronics industry environment with some proven exposure of projects and customer liaison.
- The position will be Northwest Midlands officed based Monday- Friday, but there will be a need to travel to various parts of the UK and Europe on an Ad-Hoc basis, so a willingness to travel at short notice with the odd over night / Nights stay is essential.
- A formal qualification in Electronics or Mechatronics is also a must, especially in the areas of Firmware and Embedded software.
- This is a great opportunity for a Junior or Engineer with 2- 3 years’ experience who is looking to join a fast growing and innovative organisation, where career progression, security and technical enhancement will be very much part of the role.
For more information please send your CV ASAP.
For over 60 years, this business has been constantly evolving their product portfolio to meet the demands and ever-changing needs for some of the world’s largest industries.
From the design of their first ever product, the business has sustained manufacturing excellence, setting the industry standard.
Today they operate from a purpose built, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Northampton, where they routinely design and develop system solutions for bespoke applications.
Package, Benefits and Hours:
- Salary £35,000 - £42,000 Dependent on Experience
- Excellent contractual benefits package to include contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance, together with a non-contractual annual profit share bonus
- 33 days holiday
- 37 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 08:30am - 17:15pm, Fridays 08:30am - 12:30pm
- The business wishes to recruit a Development and Applications Engineer to grow the strength of the Applications and Product Development team and assist company growth plans as the recent technology, will add new products to its portfolio and further strengthen its position in the market.
- Development and Application Engineers provide technical solutions to customer enquiries and study, research and develop ideas for new products and methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of rotating machinery, couplings and test rigs of bespoke design that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- Support the Chief Applications Engineer in providing timely response to new application and product enquiries.
- Produce innovative designs/ideas and create workable and cost-effective solutions.
- Assist in new product development and product improvement activities including brainstorming, design, analysis, supplier selection and testing.
- Create 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D drawings.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, assembly and testing to build in-house R&D test rigs for new product development.
- The ability to conduct test schedules, document the results and present these findings clearly.
- Work on short and long-term projects both in managing, documenting and performing the project activities.
- The selection and specification of suitable equipment suppliers and processes.
- A 2.1 degree in Mechanical engineering with Aerospace/Automotive/Energy/Oil & Gas background together with 2 to 4 years of demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Ability to use CAD (preferably Creo Elements or SolidWorks) and FEA (preferably Ansys Workbench) tools.
- Ability to perform hand calculations for preliminary design, sizing and stress assessment of static and rotating components.
- Material selection and knowledge of conventional manufacturing processes.
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T.
- Good understanding of Strength of Materials, Fatigue, Vibrations and Rotor dynamics.
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills.
Commutable from Northampton, Leicester, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Banbury
This is an excellent opportunity with a leading manufacturing of advanced process technology company, who have a rich, well-established background. They have sites here in the UK and overseas
The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and the ability to fully support customers worldwide. The service is complete - from design through installation and commissioning to lifetime support.
- £40,000 - £45,000 plus employee benefits
- Develop the product range to ensure competitive position of machines
- Issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information
- Provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution
- Identify risks and put in place plans to maintain cost and schedule
- Maintain modular product structure for product range
- Product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented within the agreed schedule and costs, manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained
- Ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with company’s standards and quality procedures, to ensure compliance with CAD best practices
- Ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives)
- Maintain and update drawings and parts lists, and completion of change requests, work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented
- Undertake calculations for design work, both on contracts and development projects, brief field engineers and visit site when necessary
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional, currently in a key role within a design team
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience level in Engineering
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team
- Good communication skills, good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world
Essential Experience Required:
- Experienced designer of low volume / bespoke industrial machinery
- Good 3D CAD design experience using NX, Solidworks, Inventor or similar
- Modelling machined components, fabricated parts, sheet metal and assemblies
- Good drafting experience of machined components, fabrications and assembly drawings
- Good knowledge of different manufacturing methods, their benefits and limitations
- Good level of PC Literacy - Windows, MS Office, Outlook etc
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to customer / supplier sites in the UK and Worldwide
- Motivated, confident and professional with good communication skills, experience of working on multiple projects concurrently, prioritising tasks accordingly, good attention to detail, cost and quality in particular
- Able to select suitable materials, with a good appreciation of the benefits and limitations of each
Commutable From: Peterborough, Stamford, Oakham, Wisbech, Corby, Kettering
ELECTRONIC DESIGN ENGINEER
A fast growing innovation driven organisation in the Lichfield area is currently seeking to strengthen their existing R&D team with an Electronic Design Engineer. The role will be part of the company’s current innovation programme to deliver the next and future generations of their products.
The Electronic Design Engineer will be experienced in Embedded Software and Firmware and will support the provision of design, technical support and commissioning of electronic control systems utilising their brand new R&D rapid prototyping and testing facilities.
Joining the team, you will be involved with projects from beginning to end, whilst gaining a wealth of knowledge and experience working alongside likeminded people within an industry responsible for safety critical systems. As part of their ‘employer of choice’ strategy they will support the position in providing the opportunity to develop new technical skills across both embedded and application level platforms through further learning & development.
- The company offer a competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 26 days (including one for your birthday)
- Statutory holidays
- Healthcare cash plan
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period).
As Electronic Design Engineer your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Conceptual design, development, prototyping and testing of new electronic control products and associated firmware.
- Translation of customer specification into designs for electronic and control products.
- Continuous improvement of existing products.
- Provision of technical support for both internal and external customers on both new and existing products.
- Liaison with suppliers on technical aspects of integration of new products into product range.
- Compile technical information for technical updates, CE files and product installation and operating manuals.
The right candidate for this position will have experience and skills sets in the following areas:
- Experience coding in embedded C for microcontrollers.
- Good understanding of electronics (including design for EMC and volume production / test).
- Experience working in an Embedded Design role.
- Defining & specifying product requirements.
- Experience of Visual Studio and C# would be advantageous.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation that invests heavily in their R&D equipment, facilities and staff.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.