Probe Technical Recruitment is recruiting for an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Electrician to join a company with a proven background in heavy industrial plant and machinery. We can offer an exciting and stable career within a varied working atmosphere and the opportunity to develop your career within a friendly working environment. This role requires the maintenance and repair of a wide range of capital plant and machinery.
Requirements / Duties for the role:
- Industrial Electrician with Electrical Inspection & Testing (2391) Certification and BS7671 (17th or 18th Edition) Wiring Regulations.
- Single and 3 Phase Installations.
- Candidates will have good communication skills and a conscientious attitude to their work, a positive and proactive approach combined with the ability to work on their own.
- Time served qualified Electrician with experience in an industrial background, Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Along with a competitive salary of £29,120 the company offers 22 +8 days holiday, contributory pension and Health Cash Plan.
- There is also plenty of overtime offered on site.
The role is commutable from Northampton, Kettering, Corby, Bedford, Milton Keynes and St Neots.
Client is a family business where changing people’s lives through the products that they design, manufacture and install is a daily occurrence. With 35 years’ experience under their belt, they are a leading provider in the UK, a market leader in Europe and have a presence in many other countries worldwide.
Based at their ISO9001 accredited, purpose-built manufacturing facility in Derbyshire, they believe the future success and growth of their business is inextricably linked to the introduction of innovative, high quality solutions.
Reporting to the Managing Director, they are looking for an inspirational National Sales Manager to provide leadership and direction to their Customer Engagement Team to enable them to achieve revenue growth targets and champion excellent customer service in this rapidly expanding market.
The role will be based out of the Derbyshire office and has 6 direct reports comprising of the Sales Office Manager, Field Retail Sales Manager, Agent Sales Team Leader, Commercial & Retail Marketing Managers and the Service Delivery Manager. The ideal candidate will therefore have proven success of managing multi discipline teams.
To fully understand the opportunity to develop their UK sales channels, you will evaluate the performance of each function and bring a strategic and joined up approach to the entire Customer Engagement division.
- Develop the Sales and Marketing plan to effectively deliver balanced sales channels through the direct retail and trade development teams
- Manage and develop your team to ensure a professional, courteous and customer focused approach always striving for a “right first time” service
- Reporting & analysis using internal systems
- Demonstrable success in sales management and driving growth
- You must be able to demonstrate a background in Business to Consumer sales (B2C)
- A well balanced and intuitive individual with broad sales experience and a full understanding of the sales process
- Proven success in leading and managing diverse teams
- Able to provide an inspiring vision to motivate others to excel
- Possess an enquiring mind alongside high standards of numeracy and literacy
- You will be fully computer literate and able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Managed both field and office-based sales teams
Package and Hours:
- Salary £50,000, OTE £60,000
- Hours - 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday - Friday
- Car allowance
- Profit related pay
- Life Insurance
- BUPA Healthcare
- Auto Enrol Pension Scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Newark
This is a well-established, specialist in their field, who are globally recognised business with over 50 years’ experience behind them.
They employ over 1,000 people across the group, with access to reliable partners in many countries across the globe.
To work closely with the Project Controller and field teams to clarify all aspects of designs and fitting details to create customer drawings and production orders (Bills of materials).
This role would suit someone who could be looking to step into a Trainee Project Manager role, or someone with 2-5 years design experience and wanting to progress.
- To ensure the final design for the customer meets all requirements and specifications
- Ensure that product pricing is correct and highlight areas to reduce costs or offer alternative solutions to the customer
- Create and maintain production bills of material (BOM) and costs for their directly manufactured products
- Create accurate drawings in line with company standards
- Provide technical support to the business
- Ensure all variations are tracked and costed
- Minimise waste; reduce risk to reduce repetitive errors.
- Take appropriate remedial action to resolve customer disputes with minimal cost to the business
- Responsibility for personal growth and development
- A good level of all-round industry knowledge within architectural, metalwork fabrications and steel etc would be advantageous
- IT skills, in particular CAD to support accurate drawings, fulfilment with continuous development and learning
- Understanding and interpretation of construction and engineering drawings
- Experience of regular interaction with customers
- CAD / SAP technical experience
- Technical knowledge in terms of building construction, engineering management, business systems
- Broad range of experience in mechanical engineering- production / architectural design applications
Salary and Hours:
- £23,000 - £28,000 dependant on experience
- 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday, 4pm finish on Friday
Commutable from Sheffield, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Derby, Nottingham, Burton Upon Trent
Based in Northamptonshire, our client is a leading-edge engineering SME company that specialises in the manufacture of materials processing equipment and energy from waste power generation. As a highly innovative and progressive design and manufacturing company, it prides itself on developing advanced engineering solutions within the sustainable energy, energy from waste and the design and manufacture of waste materials processing equipment.
Founded over 35 years ago and still privately owned, our client’s engineering innovation has always been a fundamental part of their business. This has helped it to establish itself as a major player in its areas of expertise, namely:
o Design and manufacture of equipment for the food and rendering industry
o Processing waste into energy
o Renewable energy production
The Mechanical Design Engineer is a key role and will be accountable for ensuring the design and implementation of client projects for specialised processing and management of waste equipment, as well as providing engineering support to the on-site power plant equipment.
You will operate within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the successful implementation of detailed designs meets the highest standards of safety and regulatory compliance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of new project designs for external clients from conception through to successful completion. Additionally, contributing to internal projects for optimising waste energy performance relating to the on-site energy from waste power plant.
- Excellent design analysis, with the ability to work from first principles, translating design concepts into 3D CAD models (AutoCAD Inventor), ensuring full alignment with customer requirements.
- Liaising with design draughtsman for 2D drawing production, and equally producing 2D drawings when required.
- Working proactively with senior colleagues and liaising with manufacturing to ensure strict compliance to quality and design standards.
- Good communication with all stakeholders ensuring full compliance to designs and budgets.
- Identify and provide solutions that meet the highest levels of Health & Safety, Quality and Regulatory standards.
We are looking for a proactive and experienced mechanical engineer with a good knowledge of design of mechanical machinery and a good appreciation of:
- Mechanical equipment
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Pressure containing equipment
- Piping layouts
- General steel structures.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate experience in these key areas.
As important is the ability to be a quick learner and the ability to analysis problems using engineering principals to perform basic calculations. Furthermore, you must have the ability to communicate initial design ideas and interpret engineering drawings to a high standard. A professionally qualified Mechanical Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma would be advantageous coupled with five years’ experience in a related field.
The following key attributes are also essential:
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining CAD models and files (AutoCAD, Inventor)
- A hands-on approach, with the ability to liaise with workshop personnel in a manufacturing environment.
- A solid technical understanding of common computer operating systems and proficient use of MS Office applications
- A strong desire to work within a dynamic environment with exposure to a wide variety of projects and the chance to develop your career and broaden your skills and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
£27,000 - £38,000 dependant on experience
Commutable from Northampton, Wellingborough, Kettering, Bedford, Milton Keynes
My client is a multi-faceted and growing Engineering business based in Northamptonshire, and they now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer to join their dynamic team. This is a superb career opportunity for the right candidate, providing a fantastic working environment, and a wide range of employee benefits.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for reviewing and improving the company’s existing processes and relevant documentation. You will be part of a small team who will introduce new concepts and technology, manage projects and develop process designs. This role requires a hands-on approach and you will need to be confident liaising with all levels within the company.
The successful Process Engineer will have the following experience:
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to pick up new skills
- Experience in a heavy plant environment.
- Knowledge of either thermal, steam or pressure systems.
The successful Process Engineer will receive:
- 40hour work week with paid overtime available
- 22 days + bank holidays
- Company pension
- Health cash plan
If you are currently a Process Engineer and wish to apply or want to find out more information please send your CV ASAP.
My client is a multi-faceted and growing Engineering business based in Northamptonshire, and they now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fabricator/Welder to join their dynamic team. The successful candidate will be provided with a fantastic working environment and a wide range of employee benefits.
The successful Fabricator/Welder will have the following experience:
- Experience in a similar role, manufacturing medium to heavy stainless-steel products.
- Mig/Tig welding experience working with aluminium.
- Capable of reading engineering drawings
The successful Fabricator/Welder will receive:
- 40 hour work week with paid overtime available
- 22 days + bank holidays
- Company pension
- Health cash plan
If you are currently a Fabricator/Welder and wish to apply or want to find out more information please send your CV ASAP.
Who We Are
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. From aeronautical and automotive engineering to precision engineering, manufacturing and technical designers, we have worked for clients from all spectrums of the engineering and design industry in sourcing the perfect candidates.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed